It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Which country is FIRST to attack with nuclear weapons

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 29 2011 @ 02:50 PM
link   
Simple question:

Due to the current tensions, which country do you think will be first to attack with nuclear weapons?

And why to your answer?

edit on 29-11-2011 by WarJohn because: fixed

posted on Nov, 29 2011 @ 02:52 PM
link   

Originally posted by WarJohn
Simple question:

Due to the current tensions, which country do you think will be first to attack with neclear weapons?

And why to your answer?

Al-Queda doesn't have a country...

posted on Nov, 29 2011 @ 02:53 PM
link   
I don't think it will come to that.

If it does, Id say Russia, simply due to that post stating its not off the table for them.

posted on Nov, 29 2011 @ 02:53 PM
link   
The country that has the most to gain from turning it into a no live here zone . Simple as that .

posted on Nov, 29 2011 @ 02:54 PM
link   

posted on Nov, 29 2011 @ 02:56 PM
link   

Originally posted by WarJohn
Simple question:

Due to the current tensions, which country do you think will be first to attack with neclear weapons?

And why to your answer?

Instead of just asking questions, feel free to answer your own...

IMO:

The Zionists...

posted on Nov, 29 2011 @ 02:56 PM
link   
reply to post by WarJohn

Well, so far we're the only country to have used them, so...
By the way, you spelled nuclear wrong.

posted on Nov, 29 2011 @ 02:57 PM
link   
reply to post by WarJohn

That’s an extremely ambiguous question. How about what country will lose control of their nuclear weapons which will result in the detonation of a said device?

Then I vote for Pakistan!

posted on Nov, 29 2011 @ 02:59 PM
link   
Honestly, I feel that Israel will be the one to launch the first nuke, under the flimsy premise that they felt threatened. They may even try to make it look like Iran's nuclear program blew up and that's why there's a big, smoking hole and radiation everywhere.

The reason is because they have proven to be extremely aggressive, knowing the US is like the big brother on the playground who will let the little brother get away with murder, and be there to save little brother's butt from angry retribution.

Their biggest mistake is assuming that God favors them. The God I worship does not play favorites, especially when the supposed favored ones are stealing, killing, and lying in His Name.

This is just my own opinion. I have nothing against the Jewish faith, but Israel as a nation is a tiny terrorist on the world stage, with a big arsenal courtesy of the United States of America. They got the weapons and they have never been afraid to use them.

posted on Nov, 29 2011 @ 02:59 PM
link   
I only say the US because it would have to be some sort of tactical reason.
possibly to remove a large installation perhaps?? (hint
)

not a huge nuke, something in the bunker buster range

posted on Nov, 29 2011 @ 03:00 PM
link   

Originally posted by calnorak
I don't think it will come to that.

If it does, Id say Russia, simply due to that post stating its not off the table for them.

As long as anyone has nukes, then they will always be on the table as an option. Just like if you own a gun, then that is an option on the table should you feel it is needed.

I just hope, no matter how psychotic some of these world leaders are, I hope that they at least have a cool enough head to realize what will happen if a nuke is launched. Hopefully they just keep flapping their jaws about using them. If nukes are launched, then all bets are off and then it becomes everyone for themselves.
edit on 29-11-2011 by Skewed because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 29 2011 @ 03:02 PM
link   
reply to post by Bearack

Pakastan as it is!! i agree!

posted on Nov, 29 2011 @ 03:04 PM
link   
I honestly don't think that any western country would seriously consider a nUclear attack. Sorry, we in the western world are simply too "smart" and have WAY too much to lose to be that stupid.

Contrary to what someone just said, i do NOT think that those will attack who "have the most to gain"....but instead those might attack who have nothing to lose.

Some islam/backwards country where they are already used to war and violence for THOUSANDS of years.

I don't think those people would care since they live in #ed up countries where little kids are already getting trained with weapons etc. and are used to war all their life. (Middle east etc..). For those people it wouldn't matter if they use nuclear weapons since a revenge attack on THEIR country would simply just be "another war"...amongst many.

Add the fact that in those middle-eastern countries the leaders are EVEN CRAZIER than ours are...they are using Allah and whatever to fight "holy wars"..they're basically insane.

So...from that point of view i think its HIGHLY dangerous if such countries like Iran etc. get nuclear weapons since the likelihood is MUCH, MUCH higher that such a country uses them to attack the West....as opposed to the West using nuclear weapons to attack them.

Again: The west has WAY too much to lose and is still more sane as opposed to their leaders.

Don't get me wrong, this is not racist..but the middle-east is just a very screwed up place and the last thing we need is some religious fanatics/leader getting hands on nuclear weapons.
edit on 29-11-2011 by flexy123 because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 29 2011 @ 03:05 PM
link   
If the general question is an absolute of who's "Made by " will be stamped on the side of the first warhead to pop in modern times....I put a little thought into this and I believe Iran is the likely candidate.

Why? The only real possibilities on first use in near-term circumstances are the U.S., Israel, Iran or Russia, IMO. Now Obama hasn't got the stones....period. Putin isn't that crazy. He'll follow up and turn a nation to outright glass without losing a night's sleep, but he wouldn't shoot the first one. Israel will likely be the one Russia glasses if they shoot first, and I have a feeling they know it. If Russia hasn't outright said it to them in back channel communications...Israel isn't stupid. They know the lay of the land as well as anyone.

That only leaves Iran....who is rather singular in being in the position of being attacked on the belief they have them..and then the whole 12th Imam business where the Iranian leadership truly believes that STARTING World War is necessary to the coming of their Messiah. Not simply waiting for it to occur like every other religion...but STARTING it. So.... I vote Iran, and that's why.

Once the first nuke pops, it'll be a complete toss up in keeping track of who owns which mushroom cloud after that.

posted on Nov, 29 2011 @ 03:05 PM
link   
the usa.
They have done it before and are really into this pre-emptive strike thing.

posted on Nov, 29 2011 @ 03:07 PM
link   

Originally posted by flexy123
I honestly don't think that any western country would seriously consider a nUclear attack. Sorry, we in the western world are simply too "smart" and have WAY too much to lose to be that stupid.

"a respected Washington think tank has said that low-radioactive yield "tactical" nuclear warheads would be one way for the Israelis to destroy Iranian uranium enrichment plants in remote, dug-in fortifications. "

yeah? we are soooooooo smart!!!@!

"the Center for Strategic and International Studies (CSIS) says in a new report that "some believe that nuclear weapons are the only weapons that can destroy targets deep underground or in tunnels"

lol seriously

posted on Nov, 29 2011 @ 03:09 PM
link   
I want to clarify something.

The atomic bomb that we dropped, while being radioactive, is nowhere close to what would be used today. I would prefer 50 atomic bombs being dropped before just one of what would be used today.

posted on Nov, 29 2011 @ 03:09 PM
link   
False flag on us or uk soil.

posted on Nov, 29 2011 @ 03:11 PM
link   

Originally posted by ZeussusZ
the usa.
They have done it before and are really into this pre-emptive strike thing.

Like Hiroshima/Nagasaki was pre-emptive? Cheezus get your facts right..

posted on Nov, 29 2011 @ 03:15 PM
link   
reply to post by flexy123

never said Hiroshima/Nagasaki was pre-emptive. Was pointing out the fact that the usa is the ONLY country to drop atomic bombs on another country

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join