It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Question/answer? for your candidate.

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Nov, 29 2011 @ 02:37 PM
link   
The republican race is on and the debates are on the media at a regular schedule.

Most of the time you hear the same questions in every debate over and over and it is rare they go in depth and ask something interesting. I thought I would ask my "question for a candidate" to ATS hoping someone can/will answer my question. I also hope this inspire others to come forward with their genius question for the candidate. Maybe this could turn up something interesting....

I agree with most of what Ron Paul preaches and also would like a safe currency possible the gold-standard, but I would like to get an answer on the following question. I dont run the debates or i would ask:

Question to Ron Paul (or ATS):
Lets say you win the election and become the next American president. Within your period at office you decide to offer the gold standard as alternative to the fiat-paper-dollar. Now let’s say all Americans opt. out of the paper-money and start using the new gold-standard. What implications would it have on the paper-dollar?
(I presume it would drastically devaluate or completely crash)

If my assumption is correct and it would crash the paper-dollar, what do you congressman Paul think the Chinese would say when they find out their US treasury bonds is worthless because of huge devaluation?

posted on Nov, 29 2011 @ 02:59 PM
link   
reply to post by Mimir

First off, I love Ron and wish him all the best but if he becomes president, he'd be hard pressed to get the house to pass most of his ideas unless we elect Constitution-minded officials to the house in 2012 and demand recalls and resignations for the other incumbents (which is something I fully advocate). What he could do is bring our troops home and stop all overseas military functions, thereby cutting spending dramatically. He could also veto any bill he doesn't like, which would likely be all of them. At least we're making a little progress with a President Paul. Hell, he said he'd repeal all past executive orders with one executive order and never use E.O.'s to legislate laws.

If America suddenly started backing their currency with gold, it would send a shockwave throughout the whole world and everybody would adopt the same gold-backed-currency.

We don't have to worry about China, they've been importing and hoarding gold for years, in fact if we switched to a gold-backed-currency, China will be happy, very happy campers.

posted on Nov, 29 2011 @ 03:00 PM
link   
I thought the usa dollar was worthless now. There seems to be no way to pay back the "money" borrowed and still being borrowed. The "leaders" only talk about cutting back on borrowing, which means they are still borrowing money that can't be payed back.
Your question is a good one though, and I can't see that China doesn't know what is going on and have their own plan.
edit on 29-11-2011 by ZeussusZ because: (no reason given)

join