It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Tea Party Alleges Double Standard by Occupy-Friendly Mayor in Virginia

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 29 2011 @ 10:18 PM
link   
So neither one of you think there is a double-standard?

Do either of you (CREAM, cat) think the Tea Party should get their money back?

After all, they were protesting for a smaller government.

posted on Nov, 29 2011 @ 10:39 PM
link   
reply to post by beezzer

Obviously, I think it a mistake if you paid anyone anything to begin with with. Maybe that is the difference between a rally and a protest.

And maybe the difference between those who think the system can be changed from within, and those who believe that's impossible.

*shrug*

posted on Nov, 29 2011 @ 10:47 PM
link   

Originally posted by SavannahCat
reply to post by beezzer

Obviously, I think it a mistake if you paid anyone anything to begin with with. Maybe that is the difference between a rally and a protest.

And maybe the difference between those who think the system can be changed from within, and those who believe that's impossible.

*shrug*

Thanks for replying at least.
While I disagree with your premise, at least you were honest enough to reply.

So, in your mind, it would have been better to just "occupy" and take with little or no regard to laws, fees etc than to follow the law and present your case in that manner?

posted on Nov, 29 2011 @ 11:01 PM
link   

Originally posted by JIMC5499
reply to post by damwel

There was funding? Damn! To think that I paid my own way to a few Tea Party events. How do I get reimbursed?

This is why the two are different. One of these groups actually makes money off people's ignorance, the other group allows ignorance for free.

The tea party got audited and needed permits becuase they made money off an event. Occupy doesn't make money off sitting around holding signs.

To complain and say there is a double standard is silly. The two "events" opperate completely different.

If I run a trash company and pick up your trash for a fee, I better have a permit and prepare to show my books. If I just go around picking up trash because it's what I feel like doing I don't need a permit and will never be in risk of being audited.

posted on Nov, 29 2011 @ 11:03 PM
link   
reply to post by beezzer

And take? What was taken? Tax money? I guess if our government was more representative of it's people instead of it's own interests, we wouldn't be having this problem.

And how many of those local laws and taxes and fees do you find constitutional? Heed them and present a case to... whom? The bought and sold? To what purpose? Comedy?

No thx.
edit on 29-11-2011 by SavannahCat because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 29 2011 @ 11:09 PM
link   
As I said on the last page I just think people as a whole are stupid.

If each damn citizen understood it was their resposability to protect the constitution and not the governments, because if you listen to the government we are all stupid. Maybe they are onto something. Do you understand how stupid and how much more stupid the story sounds when people are mad at the ows group just because they are protesting? Do you understand how stupid people look when they do that? The tea party was not protesting if they paid for a permit my god. As I said this.

Story is stupid. Another 2011 ats pedigree. Thread.
edit on 29-11-2011 by Bicent76 because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 29 2011 @ 11:15 PM
link   

Originally posted by SavannahCat
reply to post by beezzer

And take? What was taken? Tax money? I guess if our government was more representative of it's people instead of it's own interests, we wouldn't be having this problem.

And how many of those local laws and taxes and fees do you find constitutional? Heed them and present a case to... whom? The bought and sold? To what purpose? Comedy?

No thx.
edit on 29-11-2011 by SavannahCat because: (no reason given)

What I see are two protests.
One, follows the rules, the laws, presents its case and goes home.

The other? Abuses the rules, the laws, demands that others pick up the tab, and then screams that they are protected (1st Ammendment). So they use some laws to their advantage, abuse other laws when they feel it justified.

And people wonder why I'm not a fan.

posted on Nov, 29 2011 @ 11:22 PM
link   
reply to post by beezzer

Right and your a eye witness? Or just gulping down the political agenda...

Of course the tea party did it right... They are represented or think they are in the house and senate.. yep their fixing allot..

As I said people are just stupid as a whole.. always goodbye vs evil bs..

posted on Nov, 29 2011 @ 11:45 PM
link   
reply to post by beezzer

I don't wonder it.

I wonder how you think government can be changed from within. And I wonder how you rectify "protesting" for smaller government, while following all the many minute laws and fees and permits etc that define large government, and more so, supply them with more cash to sustain the status quo?

Those things I wonder.

I don't wonder why you are not a fan of OWS though.. you're disdain is obvious.

And sort of stereotypical of Tea Party attitudes. Oh well.

You're certainly free to your opinions.

posted on Nov, 30 2011 @ 02:20 PM
link   
The excuses flying around in this thread are sickening.
When the tea party protests it suddenly gets no constitutional protection because it will be labeled anything but a protest, they call it "just" a rally lol.
This is how the radicals operate and how they have been conditioned to think, they strip you of your constitutional rights if you are against them, and wrap themselves around the constitution to justify their freeloading infringements on others rights.

And remember, the Mayor is a Democrat which proves this movement is Liberal, no ifs ands or buts about it.
The Tea Party got labeled Conservative whether they liked it or not, now the Occupy is forever stamped Liberal whether they like it or not.
Their refusal to go after Obama or the power hungry Liberal sugardaddy Soros is just the obvious icing on the cake, their only shout is against the Koch brothers. Obvious is obvious.

There is a petition to the US Senate with over one million signatures to repeal Obamacare, that represents a real movement of real people in opposition who outnumber these Occupiers 10 to 1. That is why they are scared.

edit on 30-11-2011 by TinfoilTP because: (no reason given)

edit on 30-11-2011 by TinfoilTP because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 1 2011 @ 03:48 AM
link   
reply to post by The Old American

Rallies and protests are not the same. I'm not even saying that it's quite right but did any Tea Party rally ever even try to claim that said events were to serve as a redress of grievances or are they just looking back with 20/20 hindsight? Not to mention the fact the Tea Party Rallies made profit and never applied for 501(c), if I have my facts straight there.

reply to post by beezzer

The blame in taxpayer cost rests solely on the shoulders of city officials who reacted to peaceful protest as if a war had been declared.

reply to post by TinfoilTP

How's that petition coming along by the way? Not getting far because our government no longer listens to the people.

posted on Dec, 1 2011 @ 10:38 AM
link   

Originally posted by Kali74
reply to post by The Old American

Rallies and protests are not the same. I'm not even saying that it's quite right but did any Tea Party rally ever even try to claim that said events were to serve as a redress of grievances or are they just looking back with 20/20 hindsight? Not to mention the fact the Tea Party Rallies made profit and never applied for 501(c), if I have my facts straight there.

reply to post by beezzer

The blame in taxpayer cost rests solely on the shoulders of city officials who reacted to peaceful protest as if a war had been declared.

reply to post by TinfoilTP

How's that petition coming along by the way? Not getting far because our government no longer listens to the people.

Occupy is a rally, the call went out to the public to bring tents and deficate and some answered the call.
Your use of a term will not snuff out the constitutional rights of others.

The Obama camp is plenty scared of the petition, it represents real opposition that will not be voting for him. Opposition willing to sign on the dotted line, let their name be known and are likely to be vocal in their opposition to his reelection.
They won't sheeple along to a bullhorned commie in a sadistic mob chant.
They will operate within the boundaries and use the framework of the constitution to effect change, not deficate in the streets where the only change they will bring home is a new disease.
Their last ditch effort won't be a molatov cocktail.
edit on 1-12-2011 by TinfoilTP because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 2 2011 @ 09:33 AM
link   

Originally posted by beezzer
So neither one of you think there is a double-standard?

Do either of you (CREAM, cat) think the Tea Party should get their money back?

After all, they were protesting for a smaller government.

No, if they were stupid enough to pay for something that any American should be able to do for free, I don't believe they should be refunded.

top topics

<< 1   >>

join