It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Battlefield US: Americans face arrest as war criminals under Army state law.

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 29 2011 @ 02:26 PM
link   
Battlefield US: Americans face arrest as war criminals under Army state law

America is opening up a new warfront and it’s in your own backyard. It’s in your neighbor’s house, it’s three states over and it’s on the other side of the Mississippi.

That’s what a new legislation could lead to and the consequences are dire and constitutionally damning.

The United States Senate is set to vote this week on a bill that would categorize the entire USA as a “battlefield,” allowing law enforcement duties to be dished out by the American Military, who in turn could detain any US citizen as a war criminal — even coming into their own homes to issue arrests.

The National Defense Authorization Act regularly comes before Congress for changes and additions, but the latest provision, S. 1867, proves to be the most powerful one yet in raping constitutional freedoms from Americans. Move over, Patriot Act. Should S. 1867 pass, lawmakers could conjure the text to keep even regular citizens detained indefinitely by their own military.

WHAT?? Now I know RT isn't the most reliable source but, I think this would be a far fetched tail. So basically they would be able to declare you a war criminal if you oppose the government and hold you indefinitely. This is not just an attack on us but an attack on our civil liberties.

It goes on to say...

“The Senate is going to vote on whether Congress will give this president — and every future president — the power to order the military to pick up and imprison without charge or trial civilians anywhere in the world,” adds Anders. “The power is so broad that even US citizens could be swept up by the military and the military could be used far from any battlefield, even within the United States itself.”

So this not just exclusive to the US but all over the world.

Anyway there's much more in the article and you can read for yourself. I'm just really taken a back from this if it's true. This would mean we're one step closer to a police state.

rt.com...

posted on Nov, 29 2011 @ 02:29 PM
link   

Originally posted by chrismicha77
This would mean we're one step closer to a police state.

why?

we are so passed that now, we are in a full totalitarian military dictatorship.

police state is the boys and girls club in comparison.

Totalitarianism is a political system where the state recognizes no limits to its authority and strives to regulate every aspect of public and private life wherever feasible.Totalitarian regimes stay in political power through an all-encompassing propaganda disseminated through the state-controlled mass media, a single party that is often marked by personality cultism, control over the economy, regulation and restriction of speech, mass surveillance, and widespread use of terror.

the difference is the two party system which is essentially one.

A military dictatorship is a form of government where in the political power resides with the military,
military juntas have justified their rule as a way of bringing political stability for the nation or rescuing it from the threat of "dangerous ideologies". One of the almost universal characteristics of a military government is the institution of martial law or a permanent state of emergency. Military regimes tend to portray themselves as non-partisan, as a "neutral" party that can provide interim leadership in times of turmoil, and also tend to portray civilian politicians as corrupt and ineffective.

God bless the USA?
edit on 29-11-2011 by yourmaker because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 29 2011 @ 02:30 PM
link   
Do you remember any images of a snake eating it's own tail ? By your post it perhaps is the start of the country eating itself from within even more .

posted on Nov, 29 2011 @ 02:34 PM
link   
Does anyone know what this bills identification is called and the current status of it?

posted on Nov, 29 2011 @ 02:34 PM
link   
Everyone needs to start stocking up on guns, lots of guns

posted on Nov, 29 2011 @ 02:37 PM
link   
"and all the kings men couldn't put humpty dumpty back together again."

I fear that is what is going to happening in the next few years. The country being humpty dumpty and the kings men being us, the people. We cant even right our own countries affairs yet we try and do it globally through military interventions.

Now, with this simply astounding news piece, its like watching Nazi Germany once more rising to power. Soon we shall be having christalnacht raids of opposition party's and the like. We really are seeing this play out in front of our very eyes. And I for one feel very powerless indeed.

posted on Nov, 29 2011 @ 02:44 PM
link   

Originally posted by AaronWilson
We really are seeing this play out in front of our very eyes. And I for one feel very powerless indeed.

Personally, it is pissing me off.
I am ready to fight and crack some skulls to put things back the way they are supposed to be.
Enough.

posted on Nov, 29 2011 @ 02:44 PM
link   
reply to post by AaronWilson

Well, luckily the text has been changed to NOT include US citizens anymore... probably thanx to worried citizens posting it all over the Internet and the ACLU... check it out:

Here is the text of 1031:
(a) IN GENERAL.—Congress affirms that the authority of the President to use all necessary and appropriate force pursuant to the Authorization for Use of Military Force (Public Law 107–40) includes the authority for the Armed Forces of the United States to detain covered persons (as defined in subsection (b)) pending disposition under the law of war.
And section 1032, subsection (b)(1):
The requirement to detain a person in military custody under this section does not extend to citizens of the United States.
subsection (b)(2):
The requirement to detain a person in military custody under this section does not extend to a lawful resident alien of the United States on the basis of conduct taking place within the United States, except to the extent permitted by the Constitution of the United States.

Source: www.reddit.com...

posted on Nov, 29 2011 @ 02:46 PM
link   

Originally posted by dankety
Everyone needs to start stocking up on guns, lots of guns

If there is any degree of truth to the article, then that is a declaration of war on the American people, and you should fight back with any and all means at your disposal.

posted on Nov, 29 2011 @ 02:51 PM
link   
HA this reminds me of the yellow, blue, red dots hoax Alex Jones cooked up.

Seriously, alot of us on here could be concidered war criminals due to some of our views!

posted on Nov, 29 2011 @ 02:55 PM
link   

Originally posted by chrismicha77
Seriously, alot of us on here could be concidered war criminals due to some of our views!

I embrace it.
History treats those in the right with an unspoken gratitude.
And hopefully it inspires more people to feel strongly about what's right in the future.

We need to be the generation that stands up and says no more.
If we do end up taking it all down, we need to ensure something like this never happens again.

posted on Nov, 29 2011 @ 03:01 PM
link   

"People simply disappeared, always during the night. Your name was removed from the registers, every record of everything you had ever done was wiped out, your one-time existence was denied and then forgotten. You were abolished, annihilated: vaporized was the usual word."

George Orwell, 1984, Book 1, Chapter 1

posted on Nov, 29 2011 @ 03:08 PM
link   
The NWO government is like a cancer. Eroding the rights of people the world over. People passing laws like this are insane lunatics and should not be allowed into positions of power..

posted on Nov, 29 2011 @ 03:31 PM
link   
My question is what are the chances of this getting passed?

IF it gets passed by the house, which, I don't think it will. Then I know for sure Obama will approve it. It just goes to show you that it won't be long before this country takes the 'United' out of USA.

It already has....just not officially.

posted on Nov, 29 2011 @ 06:14 PM
link   
your congress has 8% aproval rating and declears war on its own people,
if this passes it will be proof positive that the power deligated by the people to wage war has been perverted.

and they will have NO ligitamite power over you.
in this specific case, the milatary has the duty to imprison the people who wrote the law not the citizens.

but that leaves the military in control,
it sounds like your govenment is about to conduct war on its own people.

do not give the military a fight, give them a civics lesson.

xploder

posted on Nov, 29 2011 @ 06:30 PM
link   
reply to post by XPLodER

I am not concerned with the American military, now law enforcement is what concerns me.
The military will do the right thing for the citizens if things get that far, even if they had to take control to get rid of the criminals on the hill.

posted on Nov, 29 2011 @ 06:39 PM
link   
Senate Bill 1867 National Defense Authorization Act Presents:

The New and Improved Twilight Zone Version of America.

Turning the Amercan Dream from this:

Into this:

posted on Nov, 29 2011 @ 06:48 PM
link   

Originally posted by Skewed
reply to post by XPLodER

I am not concerned with the American military, now law enforcement is what concerns me.
The military will do the right thing for the citizens if things get that far, even if they had to take control to get rid of the criminals on the hill.

What? The military has been conditioned and prepped for this. They will stand idley by while you're rounded up and sent away, it's just a fact.

The military will do what it's told, so their family doesn't have to suffer anything happening to them!

posted on Nov, 29 2011 @ 06:49 PM
link   

Originally posted by XPLodER
your congress has 8% aproval rating and declears war on its own people,
if this passes it will be proof positive that the power deligated by the people to wage war has been perverted.

and they will have NO ligitamite power over you.
in this specific case, the milatary has the duty to imprison the people who wrote the law not the citizens.

but that leaves the military in control,
it sounds like your govenment is about to conduct war on its own people.

do not give the military a fight, give them a civics lesson.

xploder

From my understanding this bill is actually being renewed.
It has been passed before.

Fear mongering is abundant here..
It does not apply to US citizens on US soil.

section 1032, subsection (b)(1):
The requirement to detain a person in military custody under this section does not extend to citizens of the United States.
subsection (b)(2):
The requirement to detain a person in military custody under this section does not extend to a lawful resident alien of the United States on the basis of conduct taking place within the United States, except to the extent permitted by the Constitution of the United States.

Source: www.reddit.com...

posted on Nov, 29 2011 @ 07:04 PM
link   
The US government has ran out of counties to invade. And the cost of going all the way around the world is just too high. So guess what the next country to be invade by the US military is?

Drum roll please......................
The next country to be invade by the US military is..........THE UNITED STATES

That is right, the US is going to invade itself. Now you too can get a first hand feeling of how people of other countries feel when the US military invades their country and murders and kills everything in site.

And the best part is you get to pay for your own beating and even the bullet that kills you. Your tax dollars at work.

top topics

<<   2 >>

join