It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

What Concerns Me About President Ron Paul

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 29 2011 @ 03:02 PM
link   

..... is his age. Seriously. The rigors of the office are awful. You've gotta' be much younger to handle it. Heck, Obama's MUCH younger and look what it's doing to him physically (and he's not even fully engaged). Ron Paul would dive in ... and burn out quickly. I'd have to see who the VP would be under Ron Paul before I'd cast my vote for him because I don't think he'd last long. Sorry .. that's not age-ism ... that's just life.

posted on Nov, 29 2011 @ 03:03 PM
link   
reply to post by CourageousEyesoftheHeart

Great post man.

Obama won the nobel peace prize and the adoration from the whole world for his 'change' and anti-war platform, little did we all know they were empty promises (well duh, he had no record to back it up and we bought the shhhh again). What do you guys think would happen if Ron ended all of these overseas military adventures? The elites won't be giving him the nobel prize but he'll have the complete respect of the entire planet, all eyes will be on him. If our media try to crash and sabotage, there will still be news mediums and people seeking and reporting the truth. Our media can't manipulate the whole world.

posted on Nov, 29 2011 @ 03:06 PM
link   
reply to post by FlyersFan

Nelson Mandela pulled it off (beautifully) and Ron would be the same age as him when he became president of South Africa.

Ron Paul is in excellent shape, he even challenged his competing candidates to a bike race in Texas heat. The old man still takes the stairs two-at-a-time @ 76.

posted on Nov, 29 2011 @ 03:08 PM
link   
Op, have you studied the presidency of andrew jackson,? He was against the central bank and they called in their loans to undermine the economy and blamed it on him.the media will do the exact same thing with paul. But the national budget was balanced so it helped the economy more than the bankers could hurt it.the bankers destroy the country mostly through inflation so that would be over or near over in a paul presidency.

posted on Nov, 29 2011 @ 03:08 PM
link   

Originally posted by bacci0909
President Paul abolishes the TSA.. you guessed it, a 'terrorist' attack.

A suicide bombing that could result in the loss of hundreds of lives could occur without ever having to get on a plane with the current TSA implementation. Big line during holidays at (insert class B airport here), suicide bomber enters TSA checkpoint and waits until he is in the middle of the fully crowded serpentine line and boom. Terrorist attack right in front of the TSA's face. This is possible today. Plane not required.

President Paul ends the Federal Reserve.. they crash the dollar.

This is the whole point - The dollar is slowly crashing now. It's backed by nothing and can be printed at will by this private company. We need to go back to the gold standard, a currency backed by something. The dollar will crash regardless, Ron Paul would just get right to the point.

President Paul brings troops home.. the MSM starts inundating us about civil war blood baths in Iraq and Afghanistan, thousands of innocent civilians dying.

This too will happen regardless. Both Iraq and Afghanistan are unwinnable wars, and whether we leave tomorrow, next week, or in 2014 there will be civil unrest in the region as soon as we are gone. While we occupy these countries, there will be "terrorists" that rise up to fight therefore it is an endless campaign until we decide to throw in the towel.

Mark my words. We will never leave Afghanistan 100% secure and able to call the mission a success. Ron Paul realizes this, and that is why he would get the troops home as soon as possible - They are unwinnable. Over time, in the decades to come, these regions will return to a similar state in which we entered them.

With that said! I agree with you, and it would be a risk we need to be willing to take.

Ron Paul getting elected and all of these horrible things happening would not be his fault and we know this. Events could occur that could shine a very bad light on his actions, and the media will spin things the way they are directed to, as usual.

All we can do is continue trying to enlighten others. And possibly wage war against the media so that they become ineffective. Peaceful, lawful, legal war I mean.

And regarding Ron Paul's age... Look. Do you really think someone like Newt Gingrich is healthier and more fit for the job physically? Newt can't make it through a single debate without hacking up a lung. Ron Paul may be older, but he is very healthy for his age. He's eligible for the job, plain and simple.

posted on Nov, 29 2011 @ 03:12 PM
link   

Originally posted by FlyersFan

..... is his age. Seriously. The rigors of the office are awful. You've gotta' be much younger to handle it. Heck, Obama's MUCH younger and look what it's doing to him physically (and he's not even fully engaged). Ron Paul would dive in ... and burn out quickly. I'd have to see who the VP would be under Ron Paul before I'd cast my vote for him because I don't think he'd last long. Sorry .. that's not age-ism ... that's just life.

The rigors of the office are probably nothing compared to the 'rigors of being Ron Paul'.. he's been badgered more than enough by the media and the government he serves to have developed a thick enough skin

posted on Dec, 1 2011 @ 03:07 PM
link   

Originally posted by FlyersFan

Completely understandable, but Ron Paul is perhaps one if not the most fit member of the GOP candidates running for election. He's been quoted as saying "I am a compulsive exerciser", he bikes almost every day, and was a track star in school (trust me, participating in track & field early on in life has great benefits). I don't find age an issue if you're living right (his credentials aren't too bad either!)
edit on 1-12-2011 by douglas2k4 because: (no reason given)

top topics

<< 1   >>

join