It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Iran's Deputy Police Chief Warns Protesters to Leave British Embassy

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 29 2011 @ 12:28 PM
link   

Radan arrived in the embassy's main compound in Central Tehran on Tuesday evening and issued a serious warning right upon his arrival, cautioning the protesters to leave the embassy area or wait for a tough police confrontation.

Tehran's Police Chief Brigadier Sajednia had also arrived at the embassy before Radan and commanded his troops in the clampdown on occupy embassy protesters.

Less than an hour ago, police clashed with protesters and dispersed them with tear gas.

A number of protesters have been wounded during the clashes while police troops are exerting power to force them out of the embassy compound.

One of wounded protesters is reportedly in critical health conditions.

FNA dispatches also said that a number of the police troopers have been injured in the clashes.

The protests started this afternoon after thousands of protesters who had gathered in front of the British embassy in Tehran entered the embassy compound and brought down the British flag, demanding an immediate expulsion of London's ambassador from Tehran and a full closure of the embassy.

A second group of protesters, almost 200, left the a second embassy property in Northern Tehran minutes ago. FNA dispatches said police arrested a large number of the protesters at the Qolhak Garden in Northern Tehran

FNA

So Radan arrived and said "the show is over boys". Then boys left there and every one lived happy ever since.

I think the whole UK-Iran relation is just under much influences of recent events.

Iranian politicians are telling UK ambassador to leave Iran before things get ugly there.
edit on 29/11/11 by hmdphantom because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 29 2011 @ 12:31 PM
link   
Molentof coattails dont kill, tear gas does not kill. I wonder when action is going to be taken.
edit on 29-11-2011 by 8ILlBILl8 because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 29 2011 @ 12:35 PM
link   
reply to post by 8ILlBILl8

There will not be much furious action by Iran.

Iran is just playing it like Iranian people don't like to have ties with UK. Then , according to democracy , the government will have to cut the ties with UK.

posted on Nov, 29 2011 @ 12:35 PM
link   
Isn't the embassy considered British soil? Isn't this an act of war?

I'm glad the Iranian police were able to stop it...hours and hours late.

posted on Nov, 29 2011 @ 12:37 PM
link   
reply to post by navy_vet_stg3

I know and I am glad the police did that or we would go into another international crisis.

posted on Nov, 29 2011 @ 12:40 PM
link   
sorry Iam out of this loop..why does the Iranian students want to cut all ties with us Brits? we are lovely

posted on Nov, 29 2011 @ 12:44 PM
link   

Originally posted by boymonkey74
sorry Iam out of this loop..why does the Iranian students want to cut all ties with us Brits? we are lovely

You figured it out for yourself ? -kidding

Iran is going to cut political-economical ties with UK.

We are not going to cut ties with people in England.

That is why I am here.

posted on Nov, 29 2011 @ 01:09 PM
link   
reply to post by hmdphantom

What? You're here to make sure it happens? :p

Rev

posted on Nov, 29 2011 @ 01:14 PM
link   
Wouldn't it be nice if the world leaders would disappear for a year, and let us people actually work things out? I know I'm pretty mean toward Islam, but that's because I see the bombings and everything else. However, I have a cousin (inlaw?) who is Iranian. He moved to the U.S. when he was 20, and is now in his mid 40's. He lives in Texas and he's a complete redneck. He hates the theocracy in Iran, and has become a U.S. citizen. He loves the people, but hates the leadership. I'm an American and I bleed red, white and blue, but I can't stand my government (either party). I think these ego maniacs are the problem. Ahmadinejad, Bush, Obama, Clinton, Brown, Bin Laden, et-al. They're all power hungry psychos, hell bent on having you and I hate each other, so they can stay in power and financially bleed us dry.

posted on Nov, 29 2011 @ 01:17 PM
link   

Hi Phantom. Are you Iranian?

I am very curious about what the 'average' Iranian thinks about the UK, are we despised, or are the people excused from the actions of our Government?

Because I personally look at Iran and see a very old civilisation that has a few problems of its own, but is not what the media tries to propagate - as with all countries, the government are the ones who cause problems not the people.

I only hope the Iranians don't hate the English.

posted on Nov, 29 2011 @ 01:18 PM
link   

Or get them in a big boxing ring and shout "fight to the death" and whoever wins gets to make the rules

But Phantom why did you say That is why I am here.
Why are you here to continue ties to the British people? ah how sweet and cheers xx

posted on Nov, 29 2011 @ 01:22 PM
link   

Originally posted by 8ILlBILl8
Molentof coattails dont kill

I guess you've never seen anybody get burned alive eh?

Originally posted by hmdphantom

I know and I am glad the police did that or we would go into another international crisis.

Too late.

Good attempt at damage control and spin though. I'm wondering if this whole thing wasn't staged to give the illusion that the Police came to the rescue of the poor Brits
trapped by their orchestrated protesters in an attempt to put Iran in a good light eh?
edit on 29-11-2011 by SLAYER69 because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 29 2011 @ 01:23 PM
link   

I sincerely hope this is correct and all the embassy staff are safe and well.

As for the future?

Seems like Ahmadinejad and the Mullahs are determined to isolate themselves from 'The West'.

posted on Nov, 29 2011 @ 01:27 PM
link   
reply to post by Freeborn

Maybe the whole West can be abbreviated in one word and one country : UK.

posted on Nov, 29 2011 @ 01:29 PM
link   

Originally posted by SLAYER69
Too late...

Yep. It's good to know that the saying, "when seconds count, the police are only moments (or in this case, hours) away", is a global law of physics.

posted on Nov, 29 2011 @ 01:29 PM
link   

Originally posted by hmdphantom
reply to post by Freeborn

Maybe the whole West can be abbreviated in one word and one country : UK.

I think the Western power that you should be most worried about is the USA. They're the warmongers, not us. No offence to you yanks intended, just saying it as I see it.

Rev

posted on Nov, 29 2011 @ 01:46 PM
link   
reply to post by mr-lizard

Off-topic.

I am just one human , I just don't like oppress other people.

And I love other people unless I find out they are going to oppress me.

I think that the Iranian and the UK people should get to know each other more , this will solve the problems.

That is why I am pressing the keys on my keyboard , to deny ignorance and to know you people.

Every time I come to ATS , it is like I am traveling different parts of the planet , different pieces of the part , visiting new people.

The only thing that is wrong with the ATSers is that they don't know wars. The war is ugliest thing on the planet.

There is a beast inside me shouting for war. But I try to cage it and I try to tell other people cage it , too.

posted on Nov, 29 2011 @ 01:50 PM
link   

Top chap
thats why I love the internet, I meet and get to talk to people from different cultures.
But why is your beast crying out for war and against who?
Can't we all just get along

posted on Nov, 29 2011 @ 01:53 PM
link   
The Iranian people need to be attackingtheir own fracking leaders not the British Embassy!

This, to me, speaks of a carefully orchastrated "reaction" to the financial embargo.

The subsequent reaction from the Iranian police?

Just Scene I Act II

*golly*
Can't wait for Act III !

posted on Nov, 29 2011 @ 02:04 PM
link   
reply to post by beezzer

I ask you to work with all your logic and tell me what is wrong with Iranian leaders.

Would you do that please ?

I better inform you that people in Iran have chosen Shariat as their rules and they want that to be done. You know there was a Referendum on the new Islamic constitution.

top topics

<<   2  3 >>

join