It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

GREAT NEWS! "Herman Cain said to be ‘reassessing’ campaign"

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 29 2011 @ 11:41 AM
link   
www.boston.com...

Herman Cain’s chief of staff confirmed this morning the Republican presidential contender told his staff today he is “reassessing” whether to continue his campaign after a woman accused him of a long-running affair.

Mark Block told ABC News a report first posted by National Review was accurate. National Review reported that Cain’s entire senior staff was on the call, and a reporter said in a tweet it was “not a rah-rah, fight-on” call. The reporter, Robert Costa, said Cain “repeated ‘reassessing’ multiple times.”

This comes after the most recent news (which i happened to see Cain bring up live on CNN):

The Atlanta Fox affiliate broadcast a report last night in which city businesswoman Ginger White claimed to have had a 13-year affair with Cain. She showed a reporter telephone bills listing 61 calls or texts to what was listed as Cain’s cell phone number during a four-month period.

Well, GOOD. It's high time the Republican 2012 Herd got thinned out a little. I wonder how much longer Bachmann will last...

posted on Nov, 29 2011 @ 11:46 AM
link   
If he had any self-respect and common sense...he would drop out!

Hopefully his supporters will wisen up and head over to the RP camp.

See ya later Cain!

posted on Nov, 29 2011 @ 11:49 AM
link   
You know, if the media keeps dragging up peoples past and exposing the skeletons they are going to weed out the contenders. Since they do not give Ron any air time as it is, if the media is not careful they are going to shoot their own selves in the foot and end up handing it to Ron by default by the time the media gets done demonizing everyone else. Watch out, Newt is next on the chopping block. There just will not be anyone left except for Ron.
edit on 29-11-2011 by Skewed because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 29 2011 @ 11:51 AM
link   
And so he travels the all too familiar path of politicians who think with the little head, instead of the big head.

He should resign to keep from further sullying the good people who placed their faith, and potential votes in his hands.

Those hands are dirty...he needs to stop this facade, and accept his fate like a man.

posted on Nov, 29 2011 @ 11:53 AM
link   
reply to post by Skewed

Well RP has some skeletons in his closet as well. The biggest one being Lew Rockwell.

But I'd be willing to bet RP could easily get past that. I bet he doesn't have any women waiting to come out and claim he is the babies-daddy or anything like that!

link   
edit: yeah i was mis-reading.
edit on 29-11-2011 by negativenihil because: (no reason given)

link   

Originally posted by Skewed
You know, if the media keeps dragging up peoples past and exposing the skeletons they are going to weed out the contenders. Since they do not give Ron any air time as it is, if the media is not careful they are going to shoot their own selves in the foot and end up handing it to Ron by default by the time the media gets done demonizing everyone else. Watch out, Newt is next on the chopping block. There just will not be anyone left except for Ron.
edit on 29-11-2011 by Skewed because: (no reason given)

Shh!

I've been thinking this same thing.

I wonder what staunch Cain supporters are thinking now. When these allegations first started to appear the supporters didn't pull any punches letting us all know they were lies and slander by the "liberal" media to destroy their candidate. Why do these people want to hurt Herman Cain so much!?

posted on Nov, 29 2011 @ 11:55 AM
link   
I'll get a XL pizza with extra-extra-extra cheeze, Hermain.

posted on Nov, 29 2011 @ 11:56 AM
link   
It will be interesting to hear whether the alleged victims will still pursue legal action after he drops out. Maybe they'll feel vindicated after he does?
edit on 29-11-2011 by satron because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 29 2011 @ 11:56 AM
link   

posted on Nov, 29 2011 @ 12:02 PM
link   

posted on Nov, 29 2011 @ 12:05 PM
link   
They must have had many romantic pizza nights in Uzbekibekibekistan.

posted on Nov, 29 2011 @ 12:05 PM
link   
Well, that is good news.

I hope romney is next. Newt can't beat Obama in a general elc. so I don't think he would make it that far.

Newt has been coming off really strong in the debates though. If cain leaves, it will be romney-newt-paul
Bach, Hunt, and google search can't compeat in a general elec.

Did I forget someone... No sorry i just can't remember

*add* don't condemn Canada because of that guy....
edit on 29-11-2011 by KingAtlas because: add

posted on Nov, 29 2011 @ 12:10 PM
link   
reply to post by sheepslayer247

If he drops, he'll most likely endorse Gingrich.

It will likely give Newt the edge he needs to beat Romney in the primaries.

Now if Huntsman, Perry, Bachman, and Santorum would drop, then we could see a real battle between Romney, Gingrich and Paul in the primaries.

posted on Nov, 29 2011 @ 12:17 PM
link   
To say I'm disappointed is an understatement.

Maybe Palin will run now.

(awaiting liberal frothing)

posted on Nov, 29 2011 @ 12:20 PM
link   
reply to post by beezzer

Beezzer you cheeky monkey !!

posted on Nov, 29 2011 @ 12:22 PM
link   
reply to post by MikeboydUS

I doubt they would all drop out before the primary, but you are right! Paul would have a better shot.

reply to post by beezzer

Liberals WANT Palin to run! If she was the Republican nominee then Obama would be sure to win. The way things look now, Obama will win. RP is the only one that can stand next to Obama and not be called a hyporite.

The rest of them are flip-flopping former Democrats or religious nutbags. RP is the only shot we have to take Obama out of office!

posted on Nov, 29 2011 @ 12:22 PM
link   
He was the flavor of the week. Either he is guilty of what he's been accused of ... or he isn't. Either way, he didn't handle it very well. He should drop out. (and if he was set up by those who wanted him out of the way to make room for Romney ... the little imps did a good job of it).

Originally posted by beezzer
Maybe Palin will run now.

It'll be either Romney or Newt .. probably Romney ... along with Christie as VP. Betchya.

edit on 11/29/2011 by FlyersFan because: added beezzer response.

posted on Nov, 29 2011 @ 12:23 PM
link   

Originally posted by satron
It will be interesting to hear whether the victims will still pursue legal action after he drops out. Maybe they'll feel vindicated after he does?

What victims? This is just character assination by the left leaning MSM. Produce any proof that Cain acted in violation of the law and I'll see it differently, but, if there was any proof we would have already seen it. Let's face it the MSM has to cover their boy Obama. If Cain would be the Republican candidate, Obama's would lose his favorite card, the race card.

posted on Nov, 29 2011 @ 12:26 PM
link   

Originally posted by JIMC5499

Originally posted by satron
It will be interesting to hear whether the victims will still pursue legal action after he drops out.

What victims? This is just character assination by the left leaning MSM. .

What I find incredible is that there are some O-bots on the left who are nailing Cain, even though there is no evidence to support the allegations, and yet those same people make excuse after excuse for Obama even though Obama's been caught in lie after lie. It's very perplexing.

top topics

<<   2 >>

join