It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

I do not exist. Neither do you.

page: 8
<< 5  6  7    9  10  11 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 29 2011 @ 08:14 PM
link   
I exist and so do you , saying that we do not exist is just a hyped up way or pretending we have some divine understanding of ourselves and the universe .I exist to learn , to better myself and know as much about my reality before my time is up here ....

edit on 29-11-2011 by essanance because: spelling

link   
reply to post by Qi Maker

Exactly, in circles; Subjectivity regresses into Objectivity; Life regresses into Death - duality in unity.

Btw the OP doesn't infer absoluteness; he hasn't even attempted to grapple with death from what I've seen, all he's put forward is an idea that deals with consciousness' mechanisms of manifestation; he hasn't changed the nature of reality, he hasn't taken any joy from the experience, or love, or knowledge, or choice, or individuality.
Is the idea that we're all manifestly part of the same consciousness really that disarming? Maybe, but only if your interaction with the world is especially negative.
Come on guys..
edit on 29-11-2011 by posthuman because: (no reason given)

link   
reply to post by Chamberf=6

did u see what u just did?

posted on Nov, 29 2011 @ 08:16 PM
link   

Originally posted by absolutely
reply to post by Chamberf=6

did u see what u just did?

No, I guess not.

Tell me. What did I just do?

posted on Nov, 29 2011 @ 08:35 PM
link   
reply to post by posthuman

true enough...

he is kinda putting off that vibe tho...

posted on Nov, 29 2011 @ 08:39 PM
link   

Originally posted by Qi Maker

true enough...

he is kinda putting off that vibe tho...

Maybe, but I don't think he means to! Glad we reconciled on that.

posted on Nov, 29 2011 @ 08:43 PM
link   
I THINK......................THEREFORE, YOU EXIST.... try that on for size. Outside of MY MIND there is only a never ending dream going on, so enjoy it while I THINK. ...........

posted on Nov, 29 2011 @ 08:48 PM
link   
Threads like this is the reason people shouldn't do drugs and get on the internet. How can you say that we don't exist but only the universe exists?
If we don't exist then nothing exists but I do know one thing...I am sitting here reading some non-existent BS!

edit on 29/11/11 by Intelearthling because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 29 2011 @ 08:50 PM
link   

Originally posted by Itisnowagain
reply to post by Lucidia

If you feel the need for protection you can't feel very safe.
Who is going to protect you?
edit on 29-11-2011 by Itisnowagain because: (no reason given)

So well said and articulate, I agree... The truth of the matter, not an illusion, bravo.

posted on Nov, 29 2011 @ 08:53 PM
link   
reply to post by smithjustinb

Do you have Hard proof that Jesus said this?
From my Understanding the Bible is a story told by someone who never even knew Jesus, Incorrect?

posted on Nov, 29 2011 @ 08:55 PM
link   
Should read up on Descarte's Meditations. He doubts our existence and believed the same thing but proves that you and I exist. "I think therefore I am"...

posted on Nov, 29 2011 @ 08:58 PM
link   

Originally posted by LilPhilosepher
reply to post by smithjustinb

Do you have Hard proof that Jesus said this?
From my Understanding the Bible is a story told by someone who never even knew Jesus, Incorrect?

I can't say I believe what the bible says, but there are several books in the new testament that were supposedly written by some of Jesus' disciples who traveled around with him...

So a christian would say your understanding is wrong.

posted on Nov, 29 2011 @ 09:02 PM
link   
reply to post by jace247

That's not proof it's just circular reasoning. Read some Camus or Sartre (both, ideally).

posted on Nov, 29 2011 @ 09:10 PM
link   
So does exsistence not exsist?if so how does exsistence know of its own exsistemce

posted on Nov, 29 2011 @ 09:12 PM
link   

Originally posted by jace247
Should read up on Descarte's Meditations. He doubts our existence and believed the same thing but proves that you and I exist. "I think therefore I am"...

Jean-Paul Sartre replied to Descartes by saying: "The consciousness that says 'I am' is not the consciousness that thinks.". Just a reminder...

posted on Nov, 29 2011 @ 09:22 PM
link   
reply to post by D1ss1dent

No 'It' just thinks it says "Iam"
edit on 29-11-2011 by cuchullainuk777 because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 29 2011 @ 09:27 PM
link   

Originally posted by cuchullainuk777

No, the self that says "I am" is the egoic self, the self that thinks is (possibly) metaphysical, and if not it's still easily discernable from a person's ego.

posted on Nov, 29 2011 @ 09:32 PM
link   
Reminds me of that movie identity a scarey movie where ten people are stranded at a motel and one by one there murdered in the end you realize it was all in this guys head he had multiple personalities maybe the op thinks where just voices in his head hahahah awsome !

posted on Nov, 29 2011 @ 09:34 PM
link   

Before i reply in full just for purposes of clarification is your reference to Metaphysical analagous with 'objective'

posted on Nov, 29 2011 @ 09:44 PM
link   

Originally posted by posthuman

Originally posted by cuchullainuk777

No, the self that says "I am" is the egoic self, the self that thinks is (possibly) metaphysical, and if not it's still easily discernable from a person's ego.
Mmmmm i find the notion of dualistic 'I's' contradictory a 'me 'i'and a metaphysical me that is sort of not me ?How is it possible your egoic 'i' that makes an arbritary decision without this other 'i' being concientiously aware?

new topics

top topics

<< 5  6  7    9  10  11 >>

join