It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

I do not exist. Neither do you.

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 29 2011 @ 03:05 PM
link   
reply to post by Lucidia

What what a lot of words to talk about something so simple.....

Stop thinkiing for a while and observe what you sense and see. The world is not made up of words they simply restrict our reality..

The simplest truth has no name... Nor can it ever have one.. Grasp that then come back and tap...

posted on Nov, 29 2011 @ 03:06 PM
link   

Originally posted by ironsavior
I think I feel therefore I have conscience and therefore I exist
edit on 29-11-2011 by ironsavior because: (no reason given)

It is not you that is thinking and feeling. It is this universe.

posted on Nov, 29 2011 @ 03:07 PM
link   
reply to post by ironsavior

i agree with lucidia and disagree with u on that point

i did got the value of empirism once now i cant really remember but what u said is not right

the confusion came from the condition that u have problem to step out for what really matter while u stay relative to it since u r not sure

like descartes in saying i think then i am, was clearly meaning that what he is is not his thoughts

now u said, i feel then i think since im aware of feeling, so basta feeling there

empirism value as i remember a bit now, is what it proves the same truth in different realm dimension

but what we are pointing here about existing is smthg else

existing is what refer to truth fact, then to what is free since it is true it doesnt have a cause nor mean therefore it is constant, it is usually the superior reference to all what is real as more true constant fact free while what is superior free is the one that must act right for alright to allow a fresh right free superior sense to rise out too

but what lucidia seem more aware about is the value of true existence that matter more then matters it realize

it seems to get straight to the point more of truth value, which is a fact independant of all purpose concept or objective effects,

when truth is then also we can say existence freedom is more in a relative sense where freedom from existence is sure since existence is sure, existence is to truth so no worry about being always supported but the freedom out of it is a relative true fact while absolute to itself one only

posted on Nov, 29 2011 @ 03:09 PM
link   

Originally posted by NewAgeMan
reply to post by Chamberf=6

You and others have missed the point he was attempting to convey in the OP.

I get the point he is trying to convey. I've read the Hindu and Buddhist texts too, but in day to day life it is impractical.

Could also say we are all part of the one energy.

The Beatles went headlong into that for a while, too (George Harrison never stopped) yet they still had to be in the here and now too.
They took responsibility for their actions and and recognized people for their individual selves too.

The same can be said of the Dali Lama.

Saying we are all one and we are the universe seems to take away personal responsibility...
You derided the poster for talking about paying the rent and said it was sad.

I don't think the landlord would take too kindly to someone saying "Oh the universe will pay my rent. Or some other "drop in the cosmic bucket" will pay it for me. Why shouldn't they? For we are all one and all the universe."

I get the underlying idea, but in Life it is not very practical.

edit on 11/29/2011 by Chamberf=6 because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 29 2011 @ 03:10 PM
link   
So Anders Breivik is innocent, the Universe did it? I'd like to see how that goes down at the parole board hearing.
edit on 29-11-2011 by Hopeforeveryone because: quick tidy up

posted on Nov, 29 2011 @ 03:13 PM
link   

Originally posted by Chamberf=6
reply to post by smithjustinb

Those very same selfish people are ridiculing my thread.

It is not YOUR thread according to what YOU have been saying.

The "people ridiculing" YOUR thread don't exist according to what you are saying.

According to YOU, the universe wrote this thread which does not exist on a computer which does not exist, over the internet which does not exist, to people who do not exist.

You are what the universe is. This computer is what the universe is and what the universe makes to do what the unvierse does. All the things you describe do exist, but they do not exist as separate concepts or really as any concept whatsoever. They just are what they are. Everything is what it is. Everything is the universe being a universe doing what a universe does.

The point of this thread is to show how the labeling of these things separates them from the FACT that this is all just the universe being a universe. Just as a body is made of cells, so too is the earth made of animals and galaxies made of stars and a universe made of galaxies. We are a tiny insignificant portion of the universe. Can any of you honestly say that individuality has any meaning whatsoever in comparison to the bigger picture. The bigger picture is unity. The universe being a universe.

posted on Nov, 29 2011 @ 03:15 PM
link   
reply to post by Chamberf=6

I agree that the OP may be falling into the solipsistic delusional trap, which is why I firmly believe that in matters of spiritual growth, that we must maintain an indespensible "I-Thou" relationship with the Absolute, and don't take ourselves too seriously whether as small I am or big I AM.

Since he recently integrated a "demon", he(it) may be attempting to make the final ascent, but oh what a fall that can precipitate!

Jesus said it best I think and I do believe that this was a statement about Buddhist solipsism and not material gain - "what does it profit a man to gain the WHOLE world, but lose his own soul?"

edit on 29-11-2011 by NewAgeMan because: edit

posted on Nov, 29 2011 @ 03:15 PM
link   

Originally posted by smithjustinb

Originally posted by Helious
I appreciate what your saying but at the same time, there is a me and if that me doesn't pay rent then that me will be cold, on the street and eating out of dumpsters, that is the reality that shows me that the here and now is really here.

There is no street. There are no dumpsters. There is no rent. There is only universe and you are it.

that would mean also - there is no universe

i totaly agrees then
edit on 29-11-2011 by nii900 because: (no reason given)

if i could sees as it is
edit on 29-11-2011 by nii900 because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 29 2011 @ 03:18 PM
link   
reply to post by nii900

Personally, I'm glad there's someting and not nothing at all, which would be boring and would suck.

Way to go God! Your creation is good!

posted on Nov, 29 2011 @ 03:18 PM
link   

Originally posted by purplemer

There is no me. There is only universe.

There is not even universe.. All is...
It is the simplest of truths yet peeps find it so hard to grasp...

This is true. The reason I wrote this thread using the concept called, "Universe" is to illustrate that this unified isness requires selflessness. Somehow though, this thread appears to have gotten into the hands of some selfish atheistic skeptics who kill great people like Jesus.

posted on Nov, 29 2011 @ 03:21 PM
link   

All the things you describe do exist, but they do not exist as separate concepts or really as any concept whatsoever.

Definition of CONCEPT
1 : something conceived in the mind : thought, notion
2 : an abstract or generic idea generalized from particular instances

www.merriam-webster.com...

Things don't exist as concepts? ...Yet they DO exist....

posted on Nov, 29 2011 @ 03:23 PM
link   
The title of my thread: I do not exist. Neither do you.

The reason I do not exist and you don't exist is not because we are not here. We are here and we are having an experience. But the experience does not belong to me. It belongs to the universe. I did not initiate the experience, the universe did.

The point of this thread is to illustrate that identities are mistaken identities.

edit on 29-11-2011 by smithjustinb because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 29 2011 @ 03:24 PM
link   

because we are not here. We are here and we are having an experience.

Which is it?

posted on Nov, 29 2011 @ 03:25 PM
link   
Got to say i believe the universe seems to like individuality. Just take a quick peep at genetics and how we've all got unique coding. Wouldn't it be easier if we were all clones or didn't even individualise in the first place. I guess it's all a question of perception. When you've acheived ego death and there is no you and it only the all then you may have a point. Not many Buddhas about these days though

posted on Nov, 29 2011 @ 03:27 PM
link   

All the things you describe do exist, but they do not exist as separate concepts or really as any concept whatsoever.

Definition of CONCEPT
1 : something conceived in the mind : thought, notion
2 : an abstract or generic idea generalized from particular instances

www.merriam-webster.com...

Things don't exist as concepts?

That's right. Beyond conceptualization lies the truth. Beyond calling things this and that and labeling them as such is the experience of reality as it is. Experiencing reality as it is is being true. Concepts preoccupy the mind. But truth is observed when the mind is silent.

posted on Nov, 29 2011 @ 03:28 PM
link   

Originally posted by Hopeforeveryone
Got to say i believe the universe seems to like individuality. Just take a quick peep at genetics and how we've all got unique coding. Wouldn't it be easier if we were all clones or didn't even individualise in the first place. I guess it's all a question of perception. When you've acheived ego death and there is no you and it only the all then you may have a point. Not many Buddhas about these days though

Oh I definitely agree that individuality has its purpose. But so does unity. Individuality is self-proclaimed. Unity is divinely orchestrated.

posted on Nov, 29 2011 @ 03:38 PM
link   

Saying we are all one and we are the universe seems to take away personal responsibility...

I get the underlying idea, but in Life it is not very practical.

You're way wrong. The beauty of oneness is its practicality. Oneness alone can solve or help to solve all of the world's problems.

If I am you and we are this, then why would I do any harm? I wouldn't. There's your world peace. Oneness is the only possibility for world peace. I don't care what you say or what any other doubtful mind in this thread says. There are those who will agree that this is fact.

Oneness is love. Why would you hate yourself? Not your false concept of your self, but your true self. The one that is one with all.

I mean, other than that, oneness has many other benefits. You become confident. You feel whole. All that. But yeah, maybe it is like you said. After all, who wants to feel that way??

posted on Nov, 29 2011 @ 03:40 PM
link   

because we are not here. We are here and we are having an experience.

Which is it?

I fixed it. I was typing fast.

posted on Nov, 29 2011 @ 03:46 PM
link   

I mean, other than that, oneness has many other benefits. You become confident. You feel whole. All that. But yeah, maybe it is like you said. After all, who wants to feel that way??

Actually I feel fine with what I believe. I do feel whole and confident and happy.

You still haven't answered some of my questions...

Do you use money to buy things?

Do you eat?

Do you live in a home or apt?

Do you work?

Why?

Oh I definitely agree that individuality has its purpose.

How? I thought everything was one/the universe?

posted on Nov, 29 2011 @ 03:47 PM
link   

Originally posted by absolutely
reply to post by ironsavior

i agree with lucidia and disagree with u on that point

i did got the value of empirism once now i cant really remember but what u said is not right

the confusion came from the condition that u have problem to step out for what really matter while u stay relative to it since u r not sure

like descartes in saying i think then i am, was clearly meaning that what he is is not his thoughts

now u said, i feel then i think since im aware of feeling, so basta feeling there

empirism value as i remember a bit now, is what it proves the same truth in different realm dimension

but what we are pointing here about existing is smthg else

existing is what refer to truth fact, then to what is free since it is true it doesnt have a cause nor mean therefore it is constant, it is usually the superior reference to all what is real as more true constant fact free while what is superior free is the one that must act right for alright to allow a fresh right free superior sense to rise out too

but what lucidia seem more aware about is the value of true existence that matter more then matters it realize

it seems to get straight to the point more of truth value, which is a fact independant of all purpose concept or objective effects,

when truth is then also we can say existence freedom is more in a relative sense where freedom from existence is sure since existence is sure, existence is to truth so no worry about being always supported but the freedom out of it is a relative true fact while absolute to itself one only

I do think the value of the Spirit (the Arche) as moderator between experience and reason has not been taken in to account.

therefore by syllogism if one spirit moderates his/hers experiences obtained by the empiric world creating what we know to be our arche or essence in other words what does not change on the changes is the supreme proof of our existence as body and as self conscious being
edit on 29-11-2011 by ironsavior because: (no reason given)

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join