It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Paul Ryan Ranks 40th on Foreign Policy Magazine's Global Thinkers List

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Nov, 29 2011 @ 09:19 AM
link   
Story Here

House Budget Committee Chairman Paul Ryan apparently plays well on a global stage. Foreign Policy magazine placed the Wisconsin Republican at 40th on its list of the top 100 global thinkers

Foreign Policy Magazine

More than any other political figure, it has been Paul Ryan, a charismatic rising star among Republican lawmakers and the House Budget Committee chairman, who has led the charge, preaching a new politics of austerity as the only antidote to the crisis. As Ryan wrote in the Wall Street Journal in April, "The threat posed by our monumental debt will damage our country in profound ways, unless we act." To be sure, the Wisconsin congressman's "Path to Prosperity" plan, passed by the House of Representatives in April before being defeated in the Senate, was far from perfect. But unlike others in both parties, Ryan made an effort to do business with his political rivals (Obama called his plan a "serious proposal"), and he undoubtedly set the terms of the intense debate that followed.

I looked at the list of their 'global thinkers'. It's a who's who of power in the world. The list starts out with 'reformers' in the Arab world - Alaa al Aswany, Mohamed Elbardaei etc. The list has well known power names like Ben Bernanke, Barak Obama, Dick Cheney, Condoleeza Rice, Hillary and Bill Clinton, etc etc etc. The list isn't left or right ... it's a power list.

So the question is - how'd a relatively unknown fella like Paul Ryan get this kind of global attention? Sure, his name is being tossed around in republican circles as a potential VP, but this kind of status is something entirely different. Kinda reminds me of attention Obama got .. someone coming out of nowhere with relatively not much experience ... getting an international spotlight ... pushed along ...

I find it curious.

posted on Nov, 30 2011 @ 08:19 AM
link   
So ... next day ... crickets .... nobody else finds this incredibly odd that a very-much newcomer who is practically a nobody makes a list like this ... listed with NWO muckymucks like the Clintons and Cheney, etc etc?? Really? No one smells a conspiracy ... something brewing ... ?? I do. I think it's odd.

join