It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Senator introduces bill to reduce taxes on big corporations

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Nov, 29 2011 @ 08:34 AM
link   
That's right... I mean, it's not enough they don't pay taxes or receive bailouts, they want to reduce even more taxes...

Tax reform mulled after debt committee failure

Senator Rob Portman said on Monday he would soon introduce legislation to lower the corporate tax rate to 25 percent from 35 percent and giving a break on offshore profits.

Camp, the chairman of the tax-writing panel and former member of the debt reduction panel, has proposed slashing the top tax rates for individuals and corporations. He also proposed adopting a territorial system that would exempt 95 percent of companies' overseas profits from the U.S. corporate income tax.

I mean come on.

posted on Nov, 29 2011 @ 08:36 AM
link   
At least they are consistent in their constant evil slide to global slavery. Yes, that's the answer! You know, some of those corporations actually paid some taxes! The scandal! If we can get them all to paying no taxes and taking all our jobs overseas, it will be Utopia!

posted on Nov, 29 2011 @ 08:45 AM
link   
I believe the US has one of the highest corporate tax rates in the world. I think the problem is all the loop holes that are being taken advantage of. That's how these corporations get away without paying taxes (or not as much as they should). Simplify the tax codes, close all the loop holes and then evaluate what the actual rate should be.

And this guy is on the 'super committee'? Is this really the best the US has to offer?

posted on Nov, 29 2011 @ 08:56 AM
link   
If a corporation has the same legal rights as a citizen then corporations should pay withheld income taxes just like the average citizen does. They should tax the heck out of corporations, tax them into submission!

posted on Nov, 29 2011 @ 09:02 AM
link   
He's not dropping it far enough. 15% sounds about right. Corporations pay NO taxes. You pay the taxes when you purchase their goods or services. It is all part of the overhead costs that are added on to the price. Another thing is that all of these "giving back to the community" programs are also part of the overhead. The corporations give nothing, you do.

If you want to reduce debt, get rid of ALL income taxes and replace them with a SALES tax. Tap into the underground economy.
edit on 29-11-2011 by JIMC5499 because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 29 2011 @ 09:08 AM
link   
wack him!!!!

posted on Nov, 29 2011 @ 09:10 AM
link   
reply to post by Vitchilo

Another corporate whore making money from inside trading paying back favors.

Actually corporations doing businesses over sea hardly pay any taxes at all.

Study says most corporations pay no U.S. income taxes This article was from back in 2008 I wonder how the tax debt stand right now.

Most U.S. and foreign corporations doing business in the United States avoid paying any federal income taxes, despite trillions of dollars worth of sales, a government study released on Tuesday said.

The Government Accountability Office said 72 percent of all foreign corporations and about 57 percent of U.S. companies doing business in the United States paid no federal income taxes for at least one year between 1998 and 2005.

More than half of foreign companies and about 42 percent of U.S. companies paid no U.S. income taxes for two or more years in that period, the report said.

During that time corporate sales in the United States totaled $2.5 trillion, according to Democratic Sens. Carl Levin of Michigan and Byron Dorgan of North Dakota, who requested the GAO study.

www.reuters.com...

Is good to know for whom the whores in congress works for.

Another article to make you think more.

What The Top U.S. Companies Pay In Taxes

As you work on your taxes this month, here's something to raise your hackles: Some of the world's biggest, most profitable corporations enjoy a far lower tax rate than you do--that is, if they pay taxes at all.

www.forbes.com...

While we get to pay taxes on our hard earned dollars corporations get to enjoy all for profits

Thirty Of America's Most Profitable Companies Paid 'Less Than Zero' In Income Taxes In Last 3 Years: Report

www.huffingtonpost.com...

10 Big Businesses That Have Moved Their Headquarters Abroad to Pay Less U.S. Taxes

www.focus.com...

Senators that wants to pass bills to benefit their pimps in corporate America while the America tax payer struggles in our crappy economy should be tried and hang by the American tax payers for been traitors

posted on Nov, 29 2011 @ 10:19 AM
link   
reply to post by Vitchilo

First things first, S&F for the OP. Now that that's done, I have to ask, "Is it really that big a surprise?" Did you really expect anything less from the current day T.P./GOP? Kinda reminds me of the GOP candidate who kept repeating his trademark slogan of; "Rent is too damn high" when in fact, he wasn't paying rent.

www.nbcnewyork.com...

Your rent may be too damn high, but Jimmy McMillan's sure isn't.

The Vietnam vet stole the spotlight at the gubernatorial sideshow debate earlier this week, bellowing his campaign platform and party banner, "The rent is too damn high."

But McMillan's indignant pontification doesn't appear to stem from personal experience. As it turns out, he doesn't pay rent at all -- and hasn't done so since the 1980s, according to a published report.

McMillan missed payments on his $800-a-month one-bedroom apartment in Flatbush and his landlord allowed him to live rent free in exchange for maintenance work, reports The New York Times.

Until such time as they have it all and there is nothing left to get, enough will never be enough for these people. Furthermore, the current T.P./GOP has made it perfectly clear just who it is they side with in this debate. If I may borrow a phrase from Daniel Tosh, I would say to the T.P./GOP; "For That, I Thank You."

Believe it or not, they are actually proud of their position and I'm really kinda thankful for the fact that the T.P./GOP has chosen to stand up and and show America what it is they stand for. From Scott Walker in Wisconsin to John Kasich in Ohio to Rob Portman in congress, their message of support for the wealthy elite is now clear for all to see. Another indicator of where they think the needed tax revenue should come from is clearly expressed when they use little coded phrases like, "we need to broaden the tax base" which when translated into english, means "we need to increase taxes on the poor."

A person would have to be deaf, dumb & blind not to recognize the fact that the 1%ers in this nation primarily utilize the T.P./GOP to voice their opinions and accomplish their economic goals. There is no more denying who they are or what they stand for and to borrow a few words from G.W.Bush, "You're either with them or your against them."

The good news is that they still have almost a year left to demonstrate to the american voting public just what it is they want to accomplish if elected. So far it looks like a pretty clear choice if you ask me. Needless to say, I won't be voting republican come next November.

posted on Nov, 29 2011 @ 12:52 PM
link   
Sure why not? I mean how many jobs do you provide vs Dell computers? I say reward those that produce the goods for society

new topics

top topics

join