It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Stop the fear mongering. No wars are about to happen. Here's why.

page: 4
<< 1  2  3   >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 29 2011 @ 07:55 PM
link   
reply to post by Foodman

There doesn7t have to be any more wars if we could just learn to resonate harmoeously with love.

There are angry, violent vibrations and pleasaing, peaceful vibrations. It's your choice of which frequency to tune in to.

If we merey tune ourselves away from the violent, ugly vibrations, a paradise unfolds in the here and now.

posted on Nov, 29 2011 @ 09:32 PM
link   
Um....have you checked the price of crude oil lately?

Were you aware that our government gets 30% of all off-shore oil production, with none of the associated production costs? It certainly benefits the US government to have oil as high as possible. Mainland drilling on private land doesn't get them much at all. Government controlled lands is the same deal as offshore, but there is the issue of environmentalism.

Higher prices send oil companies out in a frenzy of drilling in search of profits. The US wants the drilling here, just offshore. War in the middle east only means the war profiteers make a killing (pardon the pun), and those big money wheelers and dealers finance both sides to their benefit. War machines need lots of oil.

Halliburton stock is way up today. Perhaps they smell opportunism in the air.

As for "economic recovery", I watch the financial markets every day, and there is no "recovery". In fact, I believe the MF (as in, Missing Funds) Global scandal is just another domino that fell, wait until the others go, too (keep Jeffries in your mind, they may be the next one to go belly up). The whole Eurozone may collapse in the next 10 days or so.

When financial collapse and societal melt-down is approaching, the war machine rolls out.

Therefore, I respectfully disagree with you and your premise.

posted on Nov, 29 2011 @ 09:51 PM
link   
I have to say this to the OP... Do some research and you will see that there will always be a war in America and in the World. The long list of wars that America has been involved in just over the last 100 years is too long to list in this post. It is not Illogical to say that we are on the brink of another war, because we are. As many people have said...History repeats itself, and it's repeating right now. Do your homework and prove me wrong. I'm 31 years old and in the last 31 years America has been involved in these conflicts or wars...

1981 Gulf of Sidra incident (1981)
Invasion of Grenada (1983)
Lebanese Civil War (1984)
Action in the Gulf of Sidra (1986)
Operation El Dorado Canyon (1986)
Iran-Iraq War (1986-87)
1989 Gulf of Sidra incident (1989)
Invasion of Panama (1989)
Gulf War 1 (1990-91)
Iraqi no-fly zones (1991-2003)
Somali Civil War (1992-94)
Bosnian War (1993-95)
Operation Uphold Democracy (1994-95)
Bombings of Afghanistan and Sudan (1998)
Kosovo War (1999)

Operation Enduring Freedom - Afghanistan, Operation Enduring Freedom - Philippines, Operation Enduring Freedom - Horn of Africa, Operation Enduring Freedom – Trans Sahara (2001-Present)

Operation Iraqi Freedom (2003 - Present)
War in North-West Pakistan (2004 - Present)
Second Liberian Civil War (2003)
2004 Haitian rebellion (2004)
Libyan Civil War (2011)

So in doing some research and some math... In my lifetime alone there have only been 7 of the 31 years where America has not been involved with a War or Conflict...

new topics

<< 1  2  3   >>

join