It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

CNN: "Iranian students storm UK Embassy in Tehran on Tuesday, replace the British flag with an Iran

page: 5
<< 2  3  4   >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 30 2011 @ 07:15 AM
link   

Originally posted by xavi1000
reply to post by Freeborn

Boooo sanctions .... it's all fake ...UN is serving only for big countries interests ..what world you leave ? dream land..

It's simple ...LEAVE IRAN AND IRANIAN PEOPLE alone !!! If they nuke or attack London or DC (which is imposible) then Wipe them of the map . What of this simple human rule you dont understand ?

Agreed.

Be aware that some times you should explain things to the students 1000 times and at last they seem not to understand.

posted on Nov, 30 2011 @ 07:37 AM
link   
reply to post by christina-66

I don't necessarily agree with imposing the current level of sanctions against Iran but I do understand the reasoning.
If Iran wishes to be part of the international community then it should abide by it's rulings, as should other nations like Israel, but that is an arguement for another thread.

I understand the desire to stop Iran from developing it's own nuclear weapon capability in accordance with the Nuclear Non-Proliferation Treaty of which Iran is a party to.
It has been found in contravenance of the NPT and as such the UN sanctions are justified.

en.wikipedia.org...

Pesonally I believe that any country has a right to develop nuclear power if it wishes, a provision provided for within the NPT.
All Iran has to do to get these sanctions lifted is to allow UN inspectors into their country to verify that they have no nuclear weapon development programme.
That Iran refuses to do this suggests that Iran has something to hide.
This is supported by various intelligence sources.

I also understand the reasoning for the financial sanctions imposed, but the general trade and other sanctions seem excessive and only affect the ordinary 'man in the street', I'm sure Ahmadinajad and the Mullah's are unaffected by these sanctions and I doubt they will hamper the weapon development programme.

en.wikipedia.org...

But is any of this justification for any type of military intervention or conflict?
Most definately not!

And we have no right to help influence or assist in regime change, that must come from within.

I find it worrying that both the UK and USA are beginning to play up Iranian links to international terrorism.
Whilst I suspect there may be a certain level of support provided I very much doubt it's substantial.
It is worth mentioning that The Taliban, Al-Qaeda, Hamas and nearly every other Islamic extremist or terrorist organisation are Shia Muslims whilst almost exclusively in the Islamic world Iran is overwhelmingly Sunni and there is no love lost at all between them.

At present there is very little support in the UK for any sort of military intervention in Iran.
But yesterday showed perfectly how fickle all our opinions can be.
I can not stress how strongly I believed we had to send in the SAS to free our embassy staff when it was widely believed they had been taken hostage.
I only supported a recovery mission but I guess that could easily have escalated into a major conflict.
Iran should shoulder some of the blame and responsibility for this for their reluctance and inertia to deal with the 'students' and to provide accurate information.
But it also shows how manipulation and control of MSM can affect us all and how independant, responsible and accurate reporting is essential.

posted on Nov, 30 2011 @ 07:48 AM
link   
Hague has just announced that the Iranian Embassy in London is being closed.

posted on Nov, 30 2011 @ 07:57 AM
link   
Its like the storming of the British residency in Kabul...where's LT WALTER HAMILTON VC when you need him ???

posted on Nov, 30 2011 @ 08:48 AM
link   
reply to post by hmdphantom

To be fair, the issue is not whether Iran is allowed to develop nuclear power - that is not the issue and has never been. The issue is the Iranian apparent attempts - as outlined by the IAEA - to develop a nuclear weapon.

You can argue the toss if you like, but if Iran was open and transparent there would be no problem.

If Iran is squeaky clean, then they know what they should do.

Plus, this is not a US and UK versus Iran issue. It is the UN, EU and US issue. Most of the Middle East wants Iran to stop messing around.

Regards

edit on 30/11/2011 by paraphi because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 30 2011 @ 09:47 AM
link   
reply to post by Freeborn

I would argue that consideration of Israel is not for another thread and that to really understand what’s going on we have to look at the bigger picture.

I reiterate that the information I transcribed re the Iranian ‘threat’ was from a report produced by the Pentagon and US intelligence agencies. The Chomsky vid I posted is current – his talk was only posted October 2011. I.e. This is the US’s current assessment of the threat – no matter what the politicians may say in the newspapers. Iran has limited capacity to strike beyond its borders. 'Iran's military doctrine is strictly defensive....designed to force a diplomatic solution'
They also state that keeping the matter of nuclear weapons development an open question is in and of itself a part of Iran’s deterrent strategy – Psychological defence in battle speak. Come on - this is from a Pentagon Report!!!!

Chomsky also quotes one of Israel’s top military historians who basically states that if Iran is NOT developing nuclear weapons they would be crazy given the disposition of troops in their region and the constant threat of attack from the US. He further states that no-one really knows whether or not Iran is developing weaponary.

Worse case scenario -say Iran does develop a nuclear deterrent – now what? Do you honestly think they would even come close to using it? I don’t think so – that would be suicide. It will, however, get rid of the perpetual US threat of attack – and maybe then their people would get a chance to get it together to improve their own lives and get their government working to their benefit. But we keep giving the regime an enemy with which to bind its people to them.

Now back to Israel and why it can’t be left out of this discussion...Should the Iranians develop a deterrent (bringing it into line with Israel) it is Israel who stands to lose most from the scenario...and not because there’s any actual threat of being blown of the face of the earth.... the perceived threat is enough to seriously damage Israel from within. The perceived threat would simply cause Israeli citizens (many of whom have dual nationality) to leave Israel in their droves.

A very informative video was posted on another recent thread ;

ATS

In particular the film looks at the psychology of fear and some its early experiments. They would flash a light before electrocuting some poor rat/rabbit or monkey or some such thing. Then they confuse the creature ....sometimes they would flash the light and not follow it with the shock. They found the creature would go into a perpetual state of high stress. The sick part is that when they would shock the animal in this high stress state the pain became a relief – perversely the pain became pleasure.

They've been subtly beating the drums for Iran for a while now - the orchestrated warm up is the battle for your mind.

You’d be thinking they’d be running out of money for their war games . The danger for us (more so the Iranians) is that some of the people making our foreign policy decisions stand to personally gain financially on the basis of the decisions they make. That’s not healthy. Between their seats on the boards of arms corporations and oil corporations they'll be raking it in.

It’s not correct to say that Iran has a predominantly Sunni population.

They may number up to 200 million as of 2009. The Shia majority countries are Iran, Iraq, Azerbaijan and Bahrain. They also constitute 36.3% of entire local population and 38.6% of local Muslim population of Middle East.

Wiki

That's important to get straight cos about 10-15% of Saudi Arabia is Shia who are largely located in the east of the country and the South of Iraq is Shia (with majority Shia on the whole). Take a look at the map of the area and see how, without Saddam’s Sunni controlled Iraq in the middle, the Shia easily control most of the region from the east of Saudi...across Iraq to Iran. And it’s OIL OIL OIL

edit on 30-11-2011 by christina-66 because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 30 2011 @ 10:06 AM
link   
reply to post by bekod

WHAT? the war that Iran wants? Do you know ANY country that wants to go to war?

Iran has similarities to Vietnam: they have been occupied many times, they appreciate the Western World, and they will not take another abuse from foreigners inside their country.

The only country that goes to war on a regular basis is USA, supported by their media. Warring for Peace is their motto, so people who believe that propaganda will pay for that, killing millions of people. The media could also call it Murder for Peace, but they don't. Then again, some people would still believe that.

Information has been the key to success for a very long time. If you believe that USA is warring for peace.........

peace be with you, my friend.

posted on Nov, 30 2011 @ 10:27 AM
link   
reply to post by christina-66

It’s not correct to say that Iran has a predominantly Sunni population.

Oops, I got that the wrong way round....don't know how I did that.

Khomeini was a Twelver Shia.

Going to contact a Mod to see if I can edit, it was a genuine mistake.

But the point remains the same; Iran is no friend of The Taliban, Al-Qaeda, Hamas etc....in fact extreme Shia, like Twelvers view Sunni Muslims as no better than Kaffirs.

I'll reply to the rest of your post later when I have a bit more time, just me and the grandson at the mo and he's 1 year old today.

posted on Nov, 30 2011 @ 12:32 PM
link   
reply to post by Soshh

I know what you’re saying but, according to that Pentagon report, Iran poses no external threat. Innocent or no, as Creveld more or less says – do you blame them if they are attempting to manufacture a deterrent?

posted on Nov, 30 2011 @ 01:50 PM
link   

Originally posted by JohnySeagull
Was listening to some of the Uk media coverage of this late last night. There was absolute disgust in the newsreaders voice when he reported how one of the protesters took a picture of the queen out to the crowd and.......turned it upside down. The horror. That is just so wrong. It has to be stopped.

There is definitely going to be a war now or at least those SaS(sy) tough guys will be sent in to get the picture back.

I know, this coming from an american but....I am not sure if youre trolling but...
! I had to laugh at that picture.

It' just a picture of the queen not the real person. Now if they take your queen and turn her upside down and spank her bottom you should be indignant, but over a picture?

posted on Nov, 30 2011 @ 03:08 PM
link   
reply to post by paraphi

This is just what those superpowers want , and we know it.

About 8 years ago we stopped Uranium enrichment. And even closed our facilities.

We don't want wolves to trust us and we know wolves.

posted on Nov, 30 2011 @ 03:46 PM
link   

Originally posted by hmdphantom
About 8 years ago we stopped Uranium enrichment. And even closed our facilities.

Er, if by “we” you mean Iran then you have been listening to too much PressTV.

It’s not just the IAEA, but also the Iranian authorities have admitted to enriching uranium. It is well reported that they opened a second enrichment plant in2009.

Regards

posted on Nov, 30 2011 @ 03:53 PM
link   
UK to expel all Iranian diplomats over embassy attack.

Mr Hague said he was demanding the immediate closure of the Iranian embassy in London, with all its staff to leave the UK within 48 hours

BBC NEWS

I wonder how all this is going to turn out.

posted on Nov, 30 2011 @ 04:38 PM
link   

Originally posted by christina-66
reply to post by Soshh

I know what you’re saying but, according to that Pentagon report, Iran poses no external threat. Innocent or no, as Creveld more or less says – do you blame them if they are attempting to manufacture a deterrent?

I happen to think that nuclear proliferation is a bad thing. As I said earlier, Iran already has an effective deterrent and so its need for a nuclear deterrent is questionable. In any case this would not justify the potential consequences of a nuclear Iran, in my view. I don't think that they are attempting to manufacture a nuclear deterrent however, not in those words.

posted on Nov, 30 2011 @ 06:10 PM
link   
Iran - another waste of lives. Iran and its occupants are no longer needed.

Terminate with immediate effect. Nuke the place and put a massive dog park there instead!!

Time to take out the garbage!!

posted on Dec, 1 2011 @ 01:37 AM
link   
reply to post by paraphi

They did said we will start because the other sides just refused to accept what Iranian say. So , Iran had considered all those negotiations not to be dictation.

PressTV is just broadcasted in English language and it is not the only NEWS source to rely on.

top topics

<< 2  3  4   >>

join