It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Has a clairvoyant ever provided you with something concrete?

page: 8
<< 5  6  7    9 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 30 2011 @ 09:35 AM
link   

Originally posted by NormallyWeirdDude
reply to post by PurpleHorizon

Hi Purple!!

As I found, you need 20 posts to U2U people - so once you have replied to this one, you will be able to U2U me and I shall share with you in private my personal experiences.

Hope this helps!!
NWD

I also send you a U2U hope you will have some time considering all the people that are writing you

posted on Nov, 30 2011 @ 09:55 AM
link   

They are often in a mental capacity. When doing a reading, I experience all three - although I have never "seen" a ghost/spirit (THANK GOODNESS!!). I hope to remain that way. Here are some direct experiences, to hopefully demystify some of this and put it into an everyday person context... which believe me, I am. Probably the reason I got singled out to do it

I know exactly what you mean, though I've seen ghosts, too. While I'm not talking to the spirits of dead people, I used to (and sometimes still do) get what I call "Messages from Spirit," usually directed at complete strangers, which can be very embarrassing. But I always figured I had to convey these messages, otherwise I wouldn't get any more.

I get given images/words, placed upon a mental 'blackboard' and 'cinema' I have nurtured and developed. They are given to me, not directly printed into mind, but a developmental image that provides me with a template from which to explain. They know, cleverly, how to place it into my mind so that I accurately describe what is familiar to the person for whom the reading is for. This never ceases to amaze me, it will inevitably be out of proportion to seeing an actual image of what I am describing, but that facilitates an accurate description. I know I've already said this, but this is one aspect that I love - really, hats off to the spirit world here, because it has resulted in some astonishing moments for all involved. Really moving, and quite incredible.

I also sometimes receive words or sentences written on a "blackboard" or "cinema screen." Other times, when I ask a yes or no question, I see a traffic light-type scene, only that, counter-intuitively, red is yes and green is no. Weird.

I am 'spoken' to - but this is never audibly. You are talking to a sound engineer here also, I've worked in music/radio and production for a long time, it has been a huge part of my life - so believe me, to "hear" without "hearing" is the oddest of sensations. I describe it as being whispered to, but you do not hear the whisper - you hear the end result of the conscious mind processing the information. Followed usually, particularly when not expecting it, by a 'WTF?!?' moment. So yeah, you er, hear it but you don't - is that "Clair"?

I know what you mean, being spoken to without hearing anything. It's like something pops into your mind, but you know it's not your own thought. That's what it was usually like with my "Messages from Spirit."

Once, for example, I got a new client (I was cleaning houses on the side back then), and when I walked up to his door for the first time, the sentence popped into my head, "You are not living. You're a walking dead man." Ugh... how in the world do you tell somebody something like that??? I managed, though, very carefully; I expected the guy would kick me out, but he didn't. Turns out it was completely true (running out of space here, so I'd have to tell the story in another post if you want to hear it.)

I get impressions of sensation, enough to give me the experience without the intensity of the persons actual experience - that has been at times, some of the scariest and upsetting expriences I have had in this field, and whilst the "pictures" are often wonderful memories, or comedy moments, unfortunately the 'sentience' is often the antithesis of this - from sickness, to paralysis, head trauma, it is not nice. This often leaves me feeling extremely emotional, for the individuals who were at the mercy of those conditions, and for the families who were helpless alongside.

I don't get pictures as much, but often I can feel a person's emotions. Recently I had a client -- a tough-as-nails, wealthy business woman -- but what I felt from her was an unbelievable sadness, pain and loneliness. Sometimes, when I do Reiki on people, I also get sensations and "heard" and written messages on what the root cause of their ailments is. You can read one of the stories on my website (scroll down for the story).

posted on Nov, 30 2011 @ 10:00 AM
link   
I was in a bus station in Tepic, Mexico when a fortune teller approached me and told me the man I was traveling with was very evil and I should get away from him as soon as I could. She also said she did not want any money and was just warning me. I was travelling with the Nightstalker, Richard Ramirez, before he became a serial killer.

posted on Nov, 30 2011 @ 10:06 AM
link   
reply to post by lisa2012

Hi Lisa,

I will be replying to as many U2U's a possible
- as fast as I am answering them, I am receiving them at the moment and not being used to the system, it is quite difficult to keep track of where I am.

So to everyone, if I miss anyone out on the thread or on U2U's I really do apologise. I do have other roles I have to perform, that I have most certainly neglected the last couple of days to do this but I determined to help any of you as best I can. I rarely do readings anymore, but if I do get a sense of anything I will let you know - I am overwhelmed by the response. Also if you have an important question, I have not responded too (that doesnt involve a reading lol!) then buzz me on it and include "QUESTION" in a U2U so I can attend to it ASAP.

I'd also like to apologise to Unwordly as I inadvertantly have taken much attention in this thread. It was not my intention at all, I'm too busy really
but if everyone would prefer, then I will happily begin another thread.

However, I would also happily continue within this thread as it seems to be very popular, if a little digressed at times from it's original purpose. Please, I am the newcomer here, so let me know!

Thank you everyone
NWD

posted on Nov, 30 2011 @ 10:12 AM
link   
reply to post by unworldly

I'm not sure if this qualifies but years ago, I saw a person that looks at hands. She told me that I have talent as a photographer, and that I like to take pictures. TRUE: I'ev been taking pictures all my life and have taken some good pictures over the years. I wanted to join the navy as a Photography Mate (instead, I join as an Air Traffic Controller). Next, she told me I have desire to go fast, as in a jet or fast car. Never really thought of that but within 3 months, I had bought a Honda S2000 (high performance 2-seater Roadster). It flat out hauls ass! Best car I've ever owned.

posted on Nov, 30 2011 @ 10:18 AM
link   

reply to post by Bluesma

I myself have only ever given 1 or 2 face to face reads and never on the phone, and I felt massively uncomfortable - as when I actually speak, it puts me off. Typing, silently, alone helps ensure total focus and as strong a connection as possible with zero interference from what a 'sitter' may WISH to hear.

That's something I'm struggling with right now. I used to be a professional Tarot reader for a while, but that was more than ten years ago. Since then I haven't done much, but am now starting again via ads in my hometown and via my website. However, I'm noticing now (unlike before) that I've become increasingly uncomfortable with face-to-face readings; I like it much better to do short freebies on forums like this or readings per email.

I think it might be because the pressure is not as great when I sit in front of my computer... I can answer on my own time and don't have to feel pushed; if I don't get anything initially, I can rephrase the question or ask for more clarity, and so on. All that is much harder to do in person; the vibe is just a totally different one, and the client's expectations feel kind of suffocating to me now (I never had that ten years ago). Also, if there's something negative in the cards, I used to be able to easily deal with it back then, but now I struggle and stammer. Ca. a year ago, I did a reading for a friend and saw some shocking event happening to a male family member/father figure, and that it was imminent. I couldn't make heads or tails of it (and neither could she), and I felt horrible to tell her such negative things, especially since there might not have been anything to it. Three weeks later, her father had a stroke and then passed away within six months after that.

What I find most challenging about these readings is that I can never be 100% sure that what I see/hear/feel is true... I might just have made the whole thing up in my mind. In my day, I've seen a lot of deluded "psychics" who thought they were getting messages from someone/somewhere, but it seemed to be pretty much their own imagination, or worst case, they had a mental disorder. Not uncommon at all. It's true, though, that no psychic/reader is 100% correct all the time. The really good ones get maybe 75-85% right; there's always the problem of the "human filter" that sometimes warps the meaning of a message, and sometimes, when you try too hard but have a bad day, it might really just be your imagination -- and you can never be entirely sure which one it is. That's why doing psychic readings is an extremely stressful job.

posted on Nov, 30 2011 @ 10:21 AM
link   

Originally posted by OptimusPrimate

The thing is I do think there are people out there with true powers of perception, what they are recieving and where from is debatable...

If you don't by it then thats cool, if you need absolute proof, thats understandable, but when/if it happens to you, it'll have a positive affect on your life.

edit on 30-11-2011 by OptimusPrimate because: (no reason given)

I agree with both of these sentiments entirely! I have no idea what I am receiving or where it comes from - anyone who says they do, has very strong faith but that is all. That is why it is faith, otherwise it would be scientific fact. Faith is a wonderful thing, but sitter/visitor/psychic - whoever it is, are all acting in strong faith and trust of each other, and whatever the energy source is. Yes, of course, I have my opinions of where it comes from - but at no point could I say with certainty.

If we could, the world would be a vastly different place.

As for needing absolute proof, also agreed. For some, a past relative could walk up and tap them on the shoulder, and it still would not be enough because their desire to disbelieve is too strong. They are not true skeptics. I am a skeptic, I put things to the test - and I live by the mantra "Effectiveness is the measure of truth". There was much I did not believe in, but I gave it a try - and thank goodness I did.

All I do, is try to bring some joy and comfort to peoples lives, in the little spare time I have.

posted on Nov, 30 2011 @ 10:28 AM
link   
reply to post by sylvie

I cannot take to pieces your 2 posts, paragraph by paragraph, so I hope that I show you the respect you deserve by simply saying this....

I agree with everything you have said. 100% (except, I think the real good ones can be 90%/95% accurate - I myself have had that hit rate on medium readings frequently). I must also point out, that I have only ever done it WITH a strong connection, that has bulldozed it's way into my attention lol!!

To do it on demand would be exhausting, particularly as you say, on a bad day - it is hard when people feel they really need a reading and you cannot offer it. All of us in this for the right reasons, are saddened when this occurs, we really are - but it is SO difficult at times to balance respect, accuracy, our own day to day lives, connections - the list is very much endless as to what can interfere and make a good/bad reading happen.. None of which can be quantified and easily dealt with.

Erm - said a bit more than I planned there haha!!

NWD

posted on Nov, 30 2011 @ 11:08 AM
link   
reply to post by NormallyWeirdDude

This is me replying

second line

hoping I can now u2u!

(Im so sparing with my posts, I should talk more I guess).

posted on Nov, 30 2011 @ 11:10 AM
link   
reply to post by unworldly

I won't knock it one way or another, I have experienced and seen some far out stuff so I am no one to judge even though I am a realist and skeptic at heart. Every "gifted" person I have ever come across and that is many (never bothers myself personally) who have gave readings and what not to others when I am around have been simply reading body language and queues. Observationalists as I call them. Some do bad things and mislead people, some have all the believe in the world that what they do is from the beyond but are just naturally skilled at it.

It's a knack of mine naturally to interpret and read people and draw things out of them in certain ways to learn more about them. Been that way my whole life but it's all natural to me. Nothing spooky or mystical about it. People use it in there profession everyday.

I doubt that I will ever meet a genuine "Gifted" person but it's still a unique thing to observe. I don't care for con-artists though.

posted on Nov, 30 2011 @ 11:49 AM
link   
reply to post by maya27

Speaking of past, present, and future: this is what I don't get about how psychics can see into the future. The future has not occurred yet, so how do they manage to see it? Years ago, a friend and I heard about a psychic in the next state. We drove over one day, without calling for an appointment. We found a little old lady with a plain deck of worn out playing cards. First she fussed at us to go to church, and then she started flipping those cards onto the table and telling us things she couldn't possibly have known. In fact, the things she told us were so true and so personal that the friend and I made a pact and swore to never reveal the really personal things to anyone. The psychic told my friend that she would be receiving news from a close relative that she had not heard from in years, possibly an aunt. My friend argued with her, saying she hadn't heard from the aunt in a decade, and would never hear from her. The psychic got a little angry and insisted that it was in the cards. A couple of weeks later, my friend came up to me and said she had heard from the aunt. At no time did this lady fish for information: she never asked us anything and had never set eyes on either of us.

So, again, what is it in that deck of cards that allowed her to look into our futures? How could she see things that had not taken place yet?

posted on Nov, 30 2011 @ 12:11 PM
link   

"I have no idea what I am receiving or where it comes from - anyone who says they do, has very strong faith but that is all."

I have had flashes hit me--no words--the info is just there. A young man and his wife moved into the house behind us and I really didn't know much more about them than to speak to. He came over one day and seemed a little distressed. I offered him a Coke and we were sitting at the dinner table. I picked up a piece of paper and started doodling while he was telling me about his bad day at work. I drew a nun's headpiece. No, I am not now nor have I ever been a Catholic. Anyway, it just popped into my head that his mother was a nun. When I asked, he looked shocked, said his wife didn't even know that, but that it was true.

posted on Nov, 30 2011 @ 12:17 PM
link   

Originally posted by angelfish29
reply to post by maya27

Speaking of past, present, and future: this is what I don't get about how psychics can see into the future. The future has not occurred yet, so how do they manage to see it? Years ago, a friend and I heard about a psychic in the next state. We drove over one day, without calling for an appointment. We found a little old lady with a plain deck of worn out playing cards. First she fussed at us to go to church, and then she started flipping those cards onto the table and telling us things she couldn't possibly have known. In fact, the things she told us were so true and so personal that the friend and I made a pact and swore to never reveal the really personal things to anyone. The psychic told my friend that she would be receiving news from a close relative that she had not heard from in years, possibly an aunt. My friend argued with her, saying she hadn't heard from the aunt in a decade, and would never hear from her. The psychic got a little angry and insisted that it was in the cards. A couple of weeks later, my friend came up to me and said she had heard from the aunt. At no time did this lady fish for information: she never asked us anything and had never set eyes on either of us.

So, again, what is it in that deck of cards that allowed her to look into our futures? How could she see things that had not taken place yet?

Yes, I know how difficult it is to get your head round. All I can say is that from personal experiences, it does happen. When you experience it, you just have to open your mind to the fact that time is not how/what we perceive it to be.

I have precog dreams, very detailed, and "knowings" of often tragic events that were about to occur. I tell close family and friends. Then it will come on the news, usually 12 to14 days later.

Not a nice, fun ability to have. Not an easy path. But it just is what it is.

I believe that lots/most people are capable of developing these abilities. However, with half an understanding of what it intails and the energy it takes, I am sure most wouldn't want it as part of their lives.

posted on Nov, 30 2011 @ 12:54 PM
link   
I have had experience with two clairvoyants. The first one was years ago. The thing started with her telling me things that has happened to me in the past and was accurate in everything she said. Somethings like that i nearly survived after falling of a three and that just a month before i went to her i moved to another house were amazing. I assume she started with the past as a kind of assurance that she knows stuff. Than she started speaking about the future and somethings have happened since than and some are due to happen. At the end she told me to make some wishes and she would tell me will they come true. The special thing about that was when she started talking about the wish it sounded like she knew exactly what i wished for.
The second time i went was to a guy who claimed that he is in contact with some Christian saints. He was spot on for many things, like that my front door had been covered with blood (black magic stuff apparently), that in exactly 6 months i will find a job, which i did. And some other personal stuff...
I know a story from my grandfather which has been to Baba Vanga (the bulgarian famouse clairvoyant). He used to tell me that while traveling to meet her, his friend, traveling with him to make my grandfather company and to possibly see baba Vanga, the whole journey has talked that he does not believe that baba Vanga could tell him anything with some accuracy. As soon as he entered in her room for the reading she told him to exit because he has spoke that she is a fraud
I my self have had some amazing prophetic dreams. Namely, (in the dream) i was walking down my street and i felt on the pavement and broke my third tooth (where i come from a fallen tooth means dead). After that i want to my dentist and she gave me some of the dentist tool to scratch a black spot that was in the middle of the broken tooth and she will call my mother. After a week from this dream my grandmother fell at the exact same spot where i fell in my dream and cut her face from from the hair line all the way to the chin. And she went to the doctor which happens to be in the same building as the dentist in my dream. The doctor called us and when we entered the room she was holding a towel on her face while the doctor was on the phone as in my dream.

edit on 30-11-2011 by vistina because: (no reason given)

edit on 30-11-2011 by vistina because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 30 2011 @ 01:00 PM
link   

Originally posted by shushu

Is it just a sensation, a physical activity around you, a hunch? I must emphasise here to everyone, it can be quite easy to let our imaginations get the better of us. If you look too hard for signs, or experiences, you can find it in anything - and you may be missing something important.

No... this is being done in realtime by a political/gov't/military entity. Started when I was a child. I can trace it back to when my mother successfully left/divorced my father... remarried and moved out of state. I need a name.

Could that entity, spirit or person be your real father, who is spiritually watching over you?
Let me know if I am correct or not, out of my own curiosity!
If this sounds somewhat true, then let me know a little more info about what is going on with this matter.

posted on Nov, 30 2011 @ 01:11 PM
link   

Thank you. In fact, I have been struggling with the idea of actually using this abiliity to help people, so as much as I tried to hide it you caught on........Thanks for your input there.

posted on Nov, 30 2011 @ 01:14 PM
link   
All these pages an not one concrete story of true looking into the future. Most predictions are generalizations. Nobody lists all the predictions that were false. I must commend everyone for not lying. I sort of wish somone would lie, and restore my faith in the supernatural.

posted on Nov, 30 2011 @ 01:25 PM
link   
reply to post by earthdude

What exactly are you looking for? Are you at all clairvoyant? It's not like watching tv or standing there in the middle of all the sights and smells, at least not usually. They are faint suggestions or some flashes of images or some scent that makes you look at catch something out of the corner of your eye. They can come as strong images but that's not the usual way.

There was a woman here years ago who had you cup your hands in front of you and she could tell you things about your life. She could tell you that you would find your love somewhere far away or that you will do work in some-such field or that you will have three children with two of them close enough in age that they will be mistaken for twins.

What you fail to understand is the way time flows. It's not linear like most people think. You can see only what you can see. No one is 100% because that's just not the way. Think of all the choices people make every single day. Think about how one decision knocks onto another. Think about the exponential ramifications of that. The fact that anyone can see anything at all is simply miraculous.

I have seen things myself. I am considered by some to be reasonably psychic but I'm nothing compared to some. I can see things in the recent past and the soon-to-be future. I can feel spirits and other beings - in fact I was just this week visited by someone looking for help for their world. I could not help, but I am seen at quite some distance. One must be aware and open to things. We all have abilities. We are all capable of seemingly impossible things. We just aren't aware.

Don't discount psychic phenomena because it's not "concrete" enough to suit your taste. You quite simply know not of what you speak.

posted on Nov, 30 2011 @ 01:58 PM
link   
No, but I had a neighbor named Clarice, who once predicted that I would soon have my driveway repaved!

But seriously. When I was a kid, we had an open house/carnival at our school. And the "gypsy" lady told me my future. What she told me was a mirror of my father's life. Needless to say, I ran away!!

posted on Nov, 30 2011 @ 02:05 PM
link   

reply to post by Bluesma

I myself have only ever given 1 or 2 face to face reads and never on the phone, and I felt massively uncomfortable - as when I actually speak, it puts me off. Typing, silently, alone helps ensure total focus and as strong a connection as possible with zero interference from what a 'sitter' may WISH to hear.

This thread is amazing, OP good call on making it as I am reading through and soaking up some awesome information.

NWD, touching on your words above, do you feel that because you do your readings in such a remote way (in as least physical contact as possible) that it has specifically made your ability super sensitive? Or, that it has always been sensitive and that is why you do not feel comfortable being face to face?

top topics

<< 5  6  7    9 >>

join