It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Has a clairvoyant ever provided you with something concrete?

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 29 2011 @ 04:57 AM
link   
Some years back, around 07' it might have been, I chanced to wander into a spiritual themed chatroom. The chat wasn't particularly interesting (as usual) so I amused myself by browsing profiles. One in particular caught my interest, as it was the profile of an amateur ghosthunter who had a couple of interesting orb pictures displayed. I sent the person a brief comment about the pic, and we chit-chatted a few seconds and that was that.

Around 10 or 15 minutes later, the person whispered me back to me and sound apologetic. They asked me: "Who is Bob?" (I'm substituting "Bob" for the actual name used.) I just replied with confusion and assumed they had the wrong person, perhaps. They were adament about it though and asking me if I know a Bob. Then they seemed a bit sheepish and informed me that, although I might not believe them, that there is a spirit there bugging and pestering them who says his name is Bob, and that he needs to get a message to me.

Well, "Bob" is the name of my father had passed over a year earlier. My relationship with him wasn't particularly grand; but it isn't something I dwelled on. I told this person that I didn't want the message. I just didn't care to hear it--whatever it was--and besides, this was pretty strange to happen out of the blue.

This person in the chatroom came back in a few more minutes and insisted to me, almost in a worried tone, that they really wanted my permission to give me the spirit's message, because he was very insistent on that I have it. My impression was the person was growing increasingly uncomfortable with this spirit's pestering and just wanted him to leave.

I grudgingly gave them permission to give me the message, and so they did.

What the message was, specifically, is unimportant. The point I want to illustrate is that this experience is the clearest proof of true clairvoyance in another person that I have come across. I have experienced other things involving the supernatural, but this was the first time that I encountered what appeared to be genuine clairvoyance in another person who developed a connection with me.

I'd be interested in hearing others' experiences. If you've experienced something that, in your perception, is proof positive of clairvoyance and/or psychic abilities, then feel free to share.

posted on Nov, 29 2011 @ 05:22 AM
link   
I have been a few times to see a guy we jokingly called "Mystic Ron" and although he is as mad as a box of frogs he never charge's money but I do think he is just very very good at reading people.
But Iam still not sure about if he is real,deluded or just a fake but a lovely fella he is.
The problem with it all if someone says to you "You will meet a girl within a year with blonde hair in a red dress" etc
Subconsciously you are going to be on the look out for a blonde girl in a red dress and odd's are you will see one and because Mystic Ron told you this you are going to have more confidence to go and talk to her.
So it's a hard one, I go and see Mystic Ron because my bro did (who died) and he is a good entertainer for an hour or so.

posted on Nov, 29 2011 @ 05:23 AM
link   

Originally posted by unworldly
They were adament about it though and asking me if I know a Bob.

What the message was, specifically, is unimportant. The point I want to illustrate is that this experience is the clearest proof of true clairvoyance in another person that I have come across.

Years ago I had someone ask me in a chat room if I knew [name]....
I didnt.
I suppose if, by chance, I knew somebody by that name then that experience would have been the clearest proof of true clairvoyance in another person that I have come across.

Personally, I think the message is the most important part of your story.

posted on Nov, 29 2011 @ 05:54 AM
link   
I had an experience that totally changed my outlook on life and the universe.

I was 12 years old and one day I was told we were having a guest for dinner. She was an Indian lady of around 35-40 or so who worked for British Airways as an executive and in no way purported to be a medium or seer, she just apparently had a gift that she would occasionally to offer to friends. Well dinner commenced and nothing was said about this, it was just your regular family dinner.

After dinner though she made the offer to read us if we would like. She did say to consider it carefully, as news can be both good and bad, and would we want to hear it if so. I immediately agreed, as I was 12 and had no fear at that time.

So she took me into the living room and sat me on the couch. She took my hand and quite firmly gripped it and concentrated on it for around 15-20 seconds. She then frowned and looked disappointed. She asked if I wanted the truth, I said of course, to which she told me what at the time seemed like a fairy story.

She told me that my folks were going to buy their own hotel and we would move to the country (they were hoteliers but had never talked of buying their own) that would be surrounded by water on three sides. She said they would work hard and be successful. I on the other hand would get into a lot of trouble at school and with the police and be in the news because of it. Great I thought - I was a grade A student at that time. Then said thanks and dismissed/forgot it out of hand.

Fast forward 10 years. My folks buy a small hotel in the country, wait for it, on the peninsula of a lake, ie. surrounded by water on three sides. I get expelled from school for graffiti, followed by getting expelled 2 yrs later from college for weed. Both times I got in trouble with the police and both times made national news.

So I guess you could say my folks were motivated to buy that particular hotel because of the prophecy. They have both denied this, as they were never told the prophecy in the first place, just me. Plus they said they are not superstitious and bought the hotel for its potential, nothing else. Guess this point could be argued, but there it is.

As for me, well I am convinced she saw something in my future. The accuracy is crazy. Way too specific, a fake would tell you that you will meet the proverbial tall blonde, tall dark stranger etc.

Anyway that was my experience, since then I have always been trying to figure out what possible mechanism this phenomenon could work by. If true it changes everything we think we know. How, after all, could anyone see the future?

If anyone can help me understand this, I am all ears!

Peace

posted on Nov, 29 2011 @ 06:18 AM
link   
reply to post by unworldly

I only joined this forum (after being a lurker) to respond to this post, happily reading the A51watcher incredible Roswell thread, and being pulled in this direction. Hmmph.

Look I'm a young (ish) lad, generally positive person, loves metaphysics/quantum physics (have done even since at school) - because I'm just fascinated by how the world works scientifically, and I guess what spiritual element there is - seeking the truth, whatever that may be. I'm a music producer and an author with a family - I'm an unshaven, bit of a "bad boy" in a comedy fashion character, but who likes to quietly offer to, and go about trying to make the world a better place... whilst looking shady, as people don't bother me generally on my journey lol!

I'm not what you would imagine, to be a "medium" (if you see me in my cold weather attire, you'd probably cross the street in fact lol!) However reluctant I am to admit it at times, that is precisely what I am.

The accuracy of the information I give, and where it comes from scares me. I worry that I'm a fraud, I worry how the hell I know stuff my "sitters" don't (until, they go away and research their family history and find out), I worry that I am dealing with such a damn sensitive issue - what happens if I'm wrong?? After all, this is the most emotionally distressing of subjects as I am sure well all know too well (losing someone). And I worry, what if the religious people who found out about me, are right, and I'm doing the devils work!! (Odd though, only happens after offering my "service" to the betterment of the world?)

I feel sickness, pain, see images, have them "speak to me" in mind and pester me until I relent. In fact, I had closed this off years ago until recently it has started happening to me again. Yes this "happened" to me - and the fashion it began in was traumatic and frightening.

The other thing that may surprised you guys, I NEVER give a reading in person - only ever online, or even lately crazy as it may sound, by text!! Seldom do the people I read for know who I am, or keep in touch - they drift in, receive their messages, and move along. Few people know I do this, so coming here and talking about it is hard. And you want to discuss ambiguity, the longest reading I gave was approximately 17 hours - and though I would NEVER release it, I kept the transcripts, and the circumstances surrounding it were completely bizarre.

I do not know what it is, I don't know where it came from or why. But this phenomenon is real alright. I never charge, never take credit, and am always humbled (and honoured I guess) by the experience. I hold no grudge or judgement against those excellent REAL mediums, (there are indeed a few out there) who do it all day every day accurately, and charge for it - it doesnt sit right with me personally that is all. I always say to everyone though on a read, often the key to understanding it thoroughly is the "character" of a read. Subtle signs, nuances that take a read from being a series of words to having an actual "personality". I ask of (whatever the heck it is), to ensure I know as LITTLE as possible, and to deliver it in a way that I CANNOT interfere or judge the information, and therefore tarnish it as minimally as I can as it filters through my own subconscious.

This has led to some startling revelations and some beautifully warm and tender moments where the sitter has, without doubt, known I couldn't have known - because I didnt even realise I was doing it! This happened the other morning, to do with Bernard Matthews (a turkey farmer in the UK) - obviously, confidentiality means I would disclose no more - but it did catch me by surprise, as it was in discussions with the 'sitter', the morning AFTER the read - and was a piece of information delivered in a specific way I had asked for, for that person in question, and I did not even realise till after when I was "made aware" that I had done it.

I will be willing to discuss it, anonymously here of course, with anyone, if it helps further your understanding or perhaps answers questions. I am sure others will be out there whom are confused or frightened by experiences they have had, or others who may just like to ask questions as to how it happens and what I experience during a "reading".

If you come to judge or bark at me however, politely do one, I am no shrinking violet and am not here to argue of its "reality" - I am simply doing as I always do with regards to this subject, and offering myself in positive service to the world.

I hope "unwordly", that this post provides a little enlightenment and a different perspective to your question my friend.

Peace
NWD

(Sorry I meant to clarify, I NEVER charge for a reading - and seldom do I even know it is about to happen, things just seem to coincide and bring people to me. It's really odd).

edit on 29-11-2011 by NormallyWeirdDude because: Forgot important bit - wow using the edit feature, now I know how it works!!

posted on Nov, 29 2011 @ 06:22 AM
link   
reply to post by stumch

That's exactly the kind of story I was hoping someone would share. Thanks for sharing.

We hear so much and so often about all the fakes and flakes and phonies that it's almost easy to forget there are those who exist in this world with genuine spiritual connections.

edit on 29-11-2011 by unworldly because: initially replied to the wrong person

posted on Nov, 29 2011 @ 06:32 AM
link   
reply to post by NormallyWeirdDude

I'm glad that I inspired you to join up and post. In light of this and other things youv'e said, I can't help but feel inclined to request a reading from you--privately, of course. I'll U2U a message to you.

posted on Nov, 29 2011 @ 06:39 AM
link   
reply to post by stumch

Hi Stumch & Unworldy.

I think it is important for clarity, there is a difference between being a profound psychic (which clearly, based on the story, this person was!) and being in touch with the spirit world. A friend, made this point about mediums - some are clearly psychics whom are a little confused by the information they receive. Think about it this way, if I can pick up on many of your past relatives, experiences, get a sense of experience my subconscious cannot easily draw a distinction between what is memory of yours, or real-time communication - I can therefore go on about family members/experiences etc, very accurately - and it FEELS for all intent and purpose, like a spiritual communication. - It is in a way, for we must somehow have formed a "connection" or psychic bond.

They are separate "gifts" though, not to be confused with each other. Psychic seems to be our own innate ability shining through, Mediumship seems to be an ability to communicate with other spirits - in a reading I try to merely be a messenger, as distant from it as possible (without giving over control!!!). I have experienced both, but not all psychics are mediums (we've all got this ability anyway, most everyone has had the typical "telephone" thing when they knew someone was about to ring etc) - and not all mediums are psychic either.

Hope it doesnt come across condescending, I'm just trying to shine some light on the subject for everyone.

Peace
NWD

posted on Nov, 29 2011 @ 06:43 AM
link   
Home depot have provided me with something more concrete than those frauds.

A lot make cash by defrauding the weak and the grieving. It's no less of a crime than other fraud but the victims are too hurt, weak to realise.

posted on Nov, 29 2011 @ 06:47 AM
link   
I had a consultation with a clairvoyant who said there was someone who wanted to speak to me from the other side. She said she bore a family resemblance to myself, and like me, she didn't like to be told what to do. She died at a young age, and did feel like she'd missed out because of that, but she was fine where she was.

It made me think it was my mum's sister, my Auntie Pat, who died at the age of 42, about 18 years ago.

The message from her was that my sister mustn't go ahead with a house-purchase she was considering because it would be financial suicide.

I'd never met the clairvoyant before, and my sister had spoken to me a couple of days previously about a much more expensive house she'd set her sights on, which I hadn't mentioned to anyone else.

As it happens, my sister did change her mind about the move.

On another occassion, I visited a different medium. She seemed quite frustrated when I couldn't think of any William or Bill I'd known, because she was adamant that he wanted to tell me he felt the need to apologise. It was only later I realised that my deceased father-in-law was called Bill, and he had been fairly rotten to me before departing. I've no idea why that hadn't occurred to me at the time.

posted on Nov, 29 2011 @ 06:47 AM
link   

You're welcome, glad it was of interest. You might like to check out this documentary if you haven't already, it's one if the best I've seen on this topic.

Called the Afterlife Experiments, it's about what happened during the Scole Experiment.

posted on Nov, 29 2011 @ 06:49 AM
link   
They are scammers, they con weak willed people out of money.

They go on a fishing trip and are very good at getting info out of people and then making it look like they told them.

My mother went to see one and asked if I played football and she said yes, the medium said I will have knee injuries. After 20 years playing I didnt have a single knee injury but some bad ankle ones.

Watch the South Park episode, "The biggest douche in the universe". It sums them up perfectly.

posted on Nov, 29 2011 @ 06:55 AM
link   
reply to post by Flyer

Yes, many are scam artists. I've had experience with those types, too. Having experienced a couple of imposters, it makes it all the more surreal to interact with someone who has a legitimate unexplainable ability.

posted on Nov, 29 2011 @ 06:56 AM
link   

Not at all, you are spot on. My experience was not with the spirit world, at least I don't think it was. This was much more a look into the future, which raises all sorts of questions in my mind. I am quite comfortable with knowing there is a spiritual frontier and have spent much time researching this field. It is rather straightforward in terms of understanding it, although the actual physics of it might take a while to understand lol.

However how in the world is it possible to tell the future?? The implications are so profound I don't know where to begin. Without delving into spiritual teachings could our destinies already be mapped out? What happened to free will? Is it all an illusion?? Or are things exactly as they should be?

Or are our timelines malleable? Certain events are unavoidable but we can take different routes down the river, if you will.

As I said, the implications are seriously profound!

posted on Nov, 29 2011 @ 07:25 AM
link   
reply to post by stumch

All good questions and experiences here.

I have precog dreams and abilities. Yet, I am still regularly amazed at what goes on. It does cause you to view past, present and future from a different perspective.

S&F OP.

posted on Nov, 29 2011 @ 08:16 AM
link   
reply to post by ReeceIkyle

Could you please refrain from tarring everyone with same brush on a subject that is not explainable away, in such a condescending fashion.

As I pointed out, I am often reluctant to follow through with readings, for those precise reasons. I want to make sure I am 100% on point before I even begin, and dealing with such an unknown quantity makes it nigh on impossible to do so. Much faith, and trust is placed by both parties - and it can be profound, moving and comforting.

There are quite a few who do this quietly, anonymously and free of any charge or recompense - as a service to our fellow man. Mine is on the strict understanding, I do not even know what the heck is going on or why - at any point we may stop, and that all I can do in those circumstances is my very best. It is hard enough getting a TV signal through an aerial in a storm - imagine for a moment, trying to filter your own thoughts and emotions from a reading, from an energy source/entity that has little to no tangible source.

There are great car dealers, accountants, business advisors and yes, even bankers (!) etc out there in the "real world" my friend - but there are also those that will use their skills, to purely, meticulously and unflinchingly rob you of your hard earned £/$'s. There is an deeply emotive aspect to this, as I pointed out quite clearly had you read my post, that is profoundly understood by those of us who may not understand what is happening, but chose to do our best with what is happening.

Not all are charlatons, and I would like to keep the posts positive and not embue upon everyone my opinions of those that do - I think anyone of us with even a modestly kind or human attitude will obviously share the same thoughts on this.

Peace
NWD

posted on Nov, 29 2011 @ 08:29 AM
link   
reply to post by stumch

Totally agree with you - the thought process alone to try to come to conclusion is almost without equal. I did try to do some "formal" (for want of a better word) training to hone my skills a little - and for those who were responsible, they always said you NEVER predict the future, as it is the persons own to decide.

However, I had the unfortunate experience of predicting my own friends demise, without realising it until it was too late (this is a very LIGHT version of events). I thought at the time, as were discussing matters, he was not to begin his job as other opportunities may appear - and this was not an abnormal discussion for us, indeed he was my mentor whilst I was going through the crazy time when this all started to surface in a major way. For all the world though, I knew he would not start his job. He did start the job, however, but hated it, and called me a week in to say - "I think you are right dude, I cannot see me lasting here as you predicted, for a myriad of reasons". One week later, in his late 20s, he died suddenly at work.

Again, because of the high profile nature of work I have done - these events are actually recorded, and for those who are close to me - they know - and they also know the heavy burden I now carry every day and why I place SUCH a significance on respecting whatever power this is.

If you ever want to experience this for yourself, be sure you know what you are letting yourself in for - I believe everyone has the ability locked away, but like every latent "ability" we have - we are better in some areas than others.

So do we have choice, or is it predetermined? I'd like the think the previous, but the best answer I have heard so far is that our ultimate DESTINY is predetermined, by us before we arrive - but the journey that we take to get there, is for the taking. However, being a stauch believer in free will and the abilities we have to create our own world around us (a view that also began, as a result of odd experiences with my friend mentioned above), I find my own belief systems are almost in conflict with each other.

Welcome to my world lol!

Peace
NWD

edit on 29-11-2011 by NormallyWeirdDude because: Post Tidy Up

posted on Nov, 29 2011 @ 08:43 AM
link   

Erm, I've just tried to reply to your U2U but cannot - must be as a new member thingy - bounced it straight back at me.

I presume this is normal?

NWD

posted on Nov, 29 2011 @ 08:46 AM
link   
reply to post by maya27

It certainly does!!

I find it quite overwhelming at times, but it does also I believe, give you a sense that the world is actually rather a magical place at times - if you can manage to avoid the muck throwers lol!

Peace
NWD

posted on Nov, 29 2011 @ 08:48 AM
link   

Hello, and welcome aboard!

I find your posts very interesting. I think we have lots in common, from what you have posted so far.

You only need to post 20 times to be able to U2U message another member.

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join