It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Animal Testing and the Human Desire to Advance !

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Nov, 29 2011 @ 04:26 AM
link   
I'm not looking for an argument from those who say ''we must'' have animal testing against those who disagree but the attached link is a film from an organisation called ARME....

www.boreme.com...

After watching it I wondered what the general thinking was.?

Are most sad but happy for the dogs upon their new found freedom ?

Are others hardened to this and just see this as what we (humans) need to do to survive ?

Do some not care either way ?

I was always led to believe that the way in which we treat animals or other sentient lifeforms is a good 'test' of us as individuals and I am wondering which way we lean to on ATS....

Regards

PDUK

posted on Nov, 29 2011 @ 04:30 AM
link   
Why should we test on other living things?

If we are so eager to find out the effects of new drugs or experiments on humans, why don't we grab a few inmates on death row?

I'm sick of hearing people talk about the "sanctity" of human life and how humans are above everything else.

posted on Nov, 29 2011 @ 04:39 AM
link   

Originally posted by muse7
Why should we test on other living things?

If it helps to improve our lives, it's a good thing. I don't understand all the fuss about it, those animals get produced for that very reason. There's not much difference to planting crops and use them for food or planting trees to make paper and furniture out of them. It's the same thing.

And why not inmates? I guess because most inmates are junkies, have various diseases and other problems, therefore probably aren't even able to be used for something like that. That's why we produce some animals, who are clean and use them. It's a good thing, despite what some animal lovers think.

posted on Nov, 29 2011 @ 04:45 AM
link   
reply to post by PurpleDog UK

lets see where to start.....most anmials they test on HAVE NOTHING IN COMMON WITH US...for example in Connecticut we have Yale, if you have a bad memory let me refresh it, of the crazy f-in Guy who worked in the vivisection labs who killed his lab partner and stuffed her in a wall.. if your not familiar of a vivisection is live dissection resulting in death. I can see how this can drive someone nuts to kill...think of taking a dog (they do dogs) that looks like yours, putting it under, opening it and leaving it to die on the table...its really sick, pointless, I am not religious but I believe there's no bigger evil then unjustly taking another creatures life.....PS. to any activists (they hide them in the tunnels under the university!!!)

even more pointless we have the technology to make simulations, dummy models..why not invest in that I'd be cheaper, cleaner and more controled....

posted on Nov, 29 2011 @ 04:47 AM
link   
reply to post by ShadowAngel85

Nah it's never a good thing when other living creatures die for our own well being. They have as much a right to live as we do

I'd rather them grab a few inmates and test on them, not all inmates are junkies After all it's about what effects it's going to have on humans right? So why not cut through the crap and test on other humans instead?

posted on Nov, 29 2011 @ 05:11 AM
link   
reply to post by muse7

but now we run into ethical issues, remember not all convicts are guilty of crime, and God forbid if you were wrongly convinced of crime and a candidate for testing you would sing a different tune. that's human self preservation for you. yet a human can 'volunteer' for testing...as other creatures are put in a position where there's no choice just eminent death.

psychology seeing pain on another creature messes with the human mind...hence the war vet. or the child who killed small animals and grew into a ceral killer, or course these rules don't apply to sociopaths..unfortunately there's no sure fire 'test' to prove this condition, Just word of mouth, I should also add true socio's are in short supply...about 1 for every 1000

Why I suggest technology and am baffed why it hasn't been implemented is simple...we can use comp sims for everything from flying airplanes to building multiple galaxies, on the other hand we have dummies to test our car saftey (we don't put bears in the seat and launch them in a car at the wall) we have ballistic dummies to shoot at..for the cost of keeping an animal Its a very very practical sub..... as for the inmates don't forget that inmate is somebody's something (mom,dad,husband,wife,bro,sis..ect) and though they also cost a lot to 'keep' they do offer free labor...as their debt to society...

posted on Nov, 29 2011 @ 05:30 AM
link   
I think we should have animal testing like this one

www.youtube.com...

Do cat's like top hat's?

But really I do think we should continue to test on animals to help save humans.
But if the animals were not cute I dont think people would care as much.
Question for you all how many bunny rabbits = A human Life, me I would kill every single one if it meant me living longer but hey Iam a git

Just imagine your Kids are ill and someone said we have to test the cure on bunny/dogs etc I dont think anyone would scream "NO NOT THE BUNNYS" over their kids.

posted on Nov, 29 2011 @ 05:35 AM
link   

Originally posted by muse7
reply to post by ShadowAngel85

Nah it's never a good thing when other living creatures die for our own well being. They have as much a right to live as we do

I'd rather them grab a few inmates and test on them, not all inmates are junkies After all it's about what effects it's going to have on humans right? So why not cut through the crap and test on other humans instead?

Didn't the Nazi's do this?

posted on Nov, 29 2011 @ 06:04 AM
link   
reply to post by muse7

Nah it's never a good thing when other living creatures die for our own well being.

So inmates are not living creatures? They are, and they are also sapient.

As for animal testing, as long as suffering of the animals is kept to a minimum, I dont really have a problem with it.

posted on Nov, 29 2011 @ 06:05 AM
link   
reply to post by boymonkey74

Yes but they did it to jews

posted on Nov, 29 2011 @ 06:11 AM
link   
reply to post by muse7

Not just the Jews it was inmates from prisons, gypsies the list does go on...
But my point being some people would prefer to test on people who have make a mistake in life and are already being punished (by being in jail) than a cute stupid bunny rabbit.
The prisoners still have a chance to give some thing back to society and many ex cons have done great things after Jail.

top topics

join