Tour of Duty: Australia's Secret War

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join

posted on Nov, 29 2011 @ 04:20 AM
link   
Hi All,

Just wanted to share a great new series for anyone in Australia. It's been awhile since i posted a thread but i thought this was worth a mention!

For the first time ever, Australia's most secretive soldiers have invited a TV crew to document them in Afghanistan.

This exclusive TEN documentary, over three years in the making, follows investigative journalist and four time Walkley winner Chris Masters as he goes deep into the field with the Special Air Services Regiment, the SAS.

The most comprehensive account of these elite forces in action, TEN cameras accompany the Special Forces on several missions inside enemy lines, including night raids on Taliban hotspots, to a high risk undercover operation to destroy a multi-million dollar Taliban drug lab.

Full Synopsis

It's an amazing insight into how our 'secret' soldiers live thier lives!

I also want to add, what the hell is going on with image uploads?? I cant embed any images coz the new uploader is crap!

posted on Nov, 29 2011 @ 04:23 AM
link   
Watched it last night mate. Blood yawesome job they do over there. Proffessionals at their best.

posted on Nov, 29 2011 @ 04:35 AM
link   
reply to post by Havick007

True heros bombing innocent civilains.
Aussies need to stand up and stop being pawns for the US and UK.

posted on Nov, 29 2011 @ 04:45 AM
link   

Originally posted by WakeUpRiseUp

True heros bombing innocent civilains.
Aussies need to stand up and stop being pawns for the US and UK.

While i agree that Aussies need to stand up, the Australian forces in general, take care for what they are doing, in fact our Special Forces prefer not to go into areas guns blazing like the US. In a book (The Amazing SAS), it describes how the SASR were going to capture an enemy facility in Iraq. They used psychological effects on them, primarily using a fighter jet to break the sound barrier over the facility, making the armed men inside think that it was a bomb. So, no, Australians do not prefer to kill civilians, however there have been rare instances (once) where civilians have perished due to a grenade, however, that was incidental.

posted on Nov, 29 2011 @ 04:54 AM
link   
reply to post by daaskapital

While i agree that Aussies need to stand up, the Australian forces in general, take care for what they are doing, in fact our Special Forces prefer not to go into areas guns blazing like the US. In a book (The Amazing SAS), it describes how the SASR were going to capture an enemy facility in Iraq. They used psychological effects on them, primarily using a fighter jet to break the sound barrier over the facility, making the armed men inside think that it was a bomb. So, no, Australians do not prefer to kill civilians, however there have been rare instances (once) where civilians have perished due to a grenade, however, that was incidental.
I know they would take care, but the fact is they still take their orders from the US and UK; so sometimes its impossible to take care.

posted on Nov, 29 2011 @ 04:55 AM
link   
I watched it too, these guys are amazing

The documentary is televised again on One HD monday 5th

And no, Australian forces do not target civilians as that would be criminal.
edit on 29-11-2011 by weirdguy because: I can,t spel

posted on Nov, 29 2011 @ 04:57 AM
link   
reply to post by weirdguy

And whos going to charge them? No one when the orders are coming from the US. The public would never hear about half the stuff that goes down over there so its impossible for the people to get them charged via outrage.

posted on Nov, 29 2011 @ 05:01 AM
link   
reply to post by WakeUpRiseUp

Actually, they fall under the command of SOCOM-D, the Australian Special Operations Command, however, there are some US influences. But, yes the SASR originally wanted to operate under the US/UK Command, however were rejected, because Australia wasn't "able to provide significant enough benefits"

posted on Nov, 29 2011 @ 05:04 AM
link   

Originally posted by WakeUpRiseUp
reply to post by weirdguy

And whos going to charge them? No one when the orders are coming from the US. The public would never hear about half the stuff that goes down over there so its impossible for the people to get them charged via outrage.

2 Commandos were originally going to be charged with manslaughter of an Afghan family because some Taliban were in the house firing apon the location of the Australian SF unit, requiring, split second decisions, in which 2 commandos threw grenades into the house killing the civilians aswell as the target. The only reasonj why the Commandos got off was because the majority of the defence force signed a petition stating that they shouldn;t be charged and court marshalled.
edit on 29-11-2011 by daaskapital because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 29 2011 @ 05:08 AM
link   

I watched most of it last night but switched over to something else because there's another story they're not telling.

Firstly, did you catch a glimse of a photo of real OBL in the first 1/4? You should had, quite different to the one played out in Australia's MSM since that botched up Pakistani mission!

Secondly, I can tell you.....liek the Americans, the Australians don't have a fuggin clue who they are fighting considering they can't tell the difference between the good Afghani and bad Afghani.....which is why the USA is paying the Taliban and every other Afghani Joe to stop shooting at them.

Whenever I see another "Al Qaeda" senior head or Taliban leader they allege they have killed, there is a 99% chance it's really just some old bugger or village leader who is involved in a disagreement with another village leader, by one of them going to the Americans claiming the poor village leader is actually someone else. Thats why there is so much killing of innocent Afghanis over there by American and Coalition Forces.

Fact is, the Australians and nor the Americans know squat about the mindset and culture of these people. Their ignorance of these soldiers; and the Afghanis are playing the Military for fools and are the laughing stock of the Afghanis.

The only way the American and Coalition Forces are ever going to succeed over there is if they kill every single Afghani, until then, they will never win the war over there and the past 10 years have been an utter failure...and thats exactly what it is and our leaders know it but won't admit it.

edit on 29-11-2011 by bluemirage5 because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 29 2011 @ 05:13 AM
link   

yeah, the losses among the Australian SAS is alot compared to the NZ SAS by a long shot. Is that why the Australian Govt begged NZ's PM John Key to bring both forces together as one unit?

John Key did good by saying NO NO NO !!!

posted on Nov, 29 2011 @ 05:14 AM
link   
reply to post by bluemirage5

Fact is, the Australians and nor the Americans know squat about the mindset and culture of these people.

What?
Are you joking. Do you know that the SASR have a program called WHAM (Winning Hearts And Minds)? It involves going to towns and winning over the population. What does one need to do that? Knowledge of their culture and their mindset. Stop trying to justify things with untrue statements

posted on Nov, 29 2011 @ 05:16 AM
link   

Originally posted by bluemirage5

yeah, the losses among the Australian SAS is alot compared to the NZ SAS by a long shot. Is that why the Australian Govt begged NZ's PM John Key to bring both forces together as one unit?

John Key did good by saying NO NO NO !!!

Ahh piss off mate, Do you know why the losses of Aussie SASR are higher, because we have MORE guys over there dickhead. Obviously, the more people in a war zone, the more that have a chance of perishing. Besides the NZSAS have always been the tag along group. Since Vietnam, the NZSAS have always been the guys to tag along on patrols

posted on Nov, 29 2011 @ 05:20 AM
link   

Crock!

The Australians are just as much a target over there as the Americans are....and I bloody know it. In fact, last I heard earlier on in the year, the Afghanis are taking special attention towards the Australians who were once respected to some degree among the Afghanis...but thats all over now. I will tell you another thing....they fear the Kiwis over there.

posted on Nov, 29 2011 @ 05:23 AM
link   

The Kiwis over there are doing so much more than that my friend and I won't devulge any more. Everyone knows the Australian SAS has their specialties.....but so do the NZers.

posted on Nov, 29 2011 @ 05:23 AM
link   

Crock!

The Australians are just as much a target over there as the Americans are....and I bloody know it. In fact, last I heard earlier on in the year, the Afghanis are taking special attention towards the Australians who were once respected to some degree among the Afghanis...but thats all over now. I will tell you another thing....they fear the Kiwis over there.

No # they are a target, every coalition force is, even your pretty NZSAS Regiment. The SASR are very well respected by the Afghanis, you need to learn more. The Aussie SASR actually do have this WHAM thing where thay do go and help civilians with problems, they do as much as they can for them.

posted on Nov, 29 2011 @ 05:31 AM
link   

You believe what you want, I'm not talking about little villages close to camp my friend. And yes I'm aware of NZ involvement in Vietnam & Korea and I'm also aware of our involvement in WW1 and WW2 and believe you me they were NOT tag along groups in those 3 wars let me tell you because I'm a product of the ANZACs and know the history well.

Of course all the Coalition Forces are targets, never said otherwise. Fact is, the Australians AND New Zealanders should'nt even be there, it's a complete and utter waste of good men and for what?

posted on Nov, 29 2011 @ 05:37 AM
link   

You believe what you want, I'm not talking about little villages close to camp my friend. And yes I'm aware of NZ involvement in Vietnam & Korea and I'm also aware of our involvement in WW1 and WW2 and believe you me they were NOT tag along groups in those 3 wars let me tell you because I'm a product of the ANZACs and know the history well.

Of course all the Coalition Forces are targets, never said otherwise. Fact is, the Australians AND New Zealanders should'nt even be there, it's a complete and utter waste of good men and for what?

Okay, i should say when the Aussie SASR were out on patrols, they had a little support from the NZSAS who were the guys who walked behind the group, so effectively they were tag alongs, but no matter, at least we had cooperation. I agree with you on the point that we shouldn't be there, it is completely stupid that we are over there, we should let the US fight their own wars. I am apart of the 70% or so against Australia's involvement in the WOT.

I must add, yes every SF has their specialties, and i'm sure the SASR and NZSAS train closely together as we are like brothers
edit on 29-11-2011 by daaskapital because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 29 2011 @ 05:37 AM
link   
reply to post by bluemirage5

Hey i know what goes on... there is alot we don't hear about.

Did you see the link in my signature line?

ATS Thread:The War You Don't See - The Truth About Disinformation

Trust me, i understand that part of it......

posted on Nov, 29 2011 @ 05:40 AM
link   

How about if I say the NZers will tag along to support their ANZAC brothers on some missions because the Americans are too damn lazy to get off their butts and give air support. Plenty of those stories coming out too and some Australians lost good men because of lack of American support in afew deadly incidents I know of.

new topics
top topics

<<   2 >>

join