It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Interresting new type of engine

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Nov, 29 2011 @ 03:36 AM
link   
Researchers at Michigan State University have built a prototype gasoline engine that requires no transmission, crankshaft, pistons, valves, fuel compression, cooling systems or fluids. Their so-called Wave Disk Generator could greatly improve the efficiency of gas-electric hybrid automobiles and potentially decrease auto emissions up to 90 percent when compared with conventional combustion engines.

Researchers estimate the new model could shave almost 1,000 pounds off a car's weight currently taken up by conventional engine systems.

Link to the article

posted on Nov, 29 2011 @ 03:51 AM
link   
I am suprised it has not been brought out and sat on by the oil industry yet.
No doubt it will be very shortly

posted on Nov, 29 2011 @ 04:20 AM
link   
Something would have to improve them as hybrid cars are dogs.

posted on Nov, 29 2011 @ 04:35 AM
link   
reply to post by revs0lution

The Wave Disk Generator uses 60 percent of its fuel for propulsion; standard car engines use just 15 percent. As a result, the generator is 3.5 times more fuel efficient than typical combustion engines.

Researchers estimate the new model could shave almost 1,000 pounds off a car's weight currently taken up by conventional engine systems.
Wow that's awesome, these guys are geniuses! This seems pretty legit to me and there's not so much chance of it being suppressed since it still uses normal fuel.

posted on Nov, 29 2011 @ 04:52 AM
link   

Originally posted by diddy1234
No doubt it will be very shortly

The standard quote when any new technology is shown that will reduce oil consumption, have you thought that oil companies may like this as it extends the life of the oil reserves they have, they don't just produce fuel!

posted on Nov, 29 2011 @ 05:02 AM
link   

Originally posted by diddy1234

Well, its been 7 months since that article was published, and discussed on ATS in this thread, so you can say that it TPTB are going to supress this then they're certainly taking their sweet time about it.

And they're also going to have trouble deleteing the "about 122000 results" (via google search) from the internet as well.

Sometimes I think they just dont have the heart for it anymore.

posted on Nov, 29 2011 @ 05:14 AM
link   
Yeah great something that still uses and burns oil.... Sigh.... What ever we have had clean burning technology for a hundred years no and it still has not been implemented... I doubt this will be either because it would drop the price of oil to 6 dollars a gallon and the greedy bastards would see us all die before they ever let that happen...

posted on Nov, 29 2011 @ 05:22 AM
link   
Look very interesting, hope they get it produced. The sooner the better
Thanks for posting it

posted on Nov, 29 2011 @ 06:03 PM
link   
This is a pretty cool little motor hopefully it takes off. I could totally see engines like this driving small hydraulic hybrid vehicles .

posted on Nov, 30 2011 @ 03:21 AM
link   
reply to post by diddy1234

Why would the oil industry want to keep an invention that uses OIL, and will prevent alternative non oil methods from becoming popular, off the shelf? Some people make you want to scream.

new topics

top topics

join