It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Has anyone changed their opinion on a subject because of something you read/saw on ATS?

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 29 2011 @ 02:21 AM
link   
Hey yall,

Been here awhile now and ATS is the only forum/social media etc etc site that I use.

I love the diversity of topics here, Ufos, Ghosts, Israel, Government conspiracies, Evolution, Lost Civilisations, I could go on but your all members so you know what I talking about.

Anyway...

I normally just log on once a day and check out the new topic firehose to see whats been happening in the past 12 hrs. Yesterday while doing my usual something hit me like a ton of bricks, It was a topic I normally check out but try to refrain from posting in, I noticecd it was pretty much all the same people with the exact same arguments that they had used in previous similar threads, on both sides!!!!

I wont name the topic as I dont want it to derail this thread but I imagine there is nothing anyone could say or do that would change these peoples minds on either side.

So what I wanna know is .... Did you ever think or believe something but changed your mind because of a thread on this site? what was the topic and what was it that finally convinced you that you were wrong?

Cheers

posted on Nov, 29 2011 @ 02:30 AM
link   
reply to post by IkNOwSTuff

I am just changing my mind every moment so I won't understand what you mean.

BTW , the best thing I learned on ATS is that

I should never take side

I should claim the truth I find.

posted on Nov, 29 2011 @ 02:37 AM
link   
reply to post by hmdphantom

Sorry I maybe could have been a bit clearer

I meant that did you believe something such as, aliens were real, that 9/11 was committed by Al Qeada, that big foot was a fake etc etc but then changed your mind because of a thread on this site

posted on Nov, 29 2011 @ 02:37 AM
link   

Well, I always thought my rejection of the Eurozone was a somewhat "German" point of view.
I wouldn't go so far as to say it was only through ATS, but I learned on the Interwebz that Brits, French, Italian, Greek... pretty much everyone in the EU is concerned about Brussels power grasp on the national souvereignty of our respective countries.

posted on Nov, 29 2011 @ 02:45 AM
link   
before i came to ats i believed i lived in an understandable, logical world with kind, sane people.

second line.
edit on 29/11/11 by mzungu because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 29 2011 @ 02:46 AM
link   

Yes. I found myself re-considering my opinion of Gaddafi after a post i read on here, ummm..lemme find it for you....

Ah, i think this was the one:

www.abovetopsecret.com...

Made me re-consider my views on him.

posted on Nov, 29 2011 @ 02:48 AM
link   
Never really changed my mind because of an ATS' topic, even though I have not been here for too long.

However, it definitely helped and pushed me in the right direction, more than one could imagine. This is the true purpose of this website; it doesn't claim to have all the answers, but it truly have all the questions.

And from that point on, you find your own truths in your own ways.
edit on 29-11-2011 by St0rD because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 29 2011 @ 02:49 AM
link   
Every single day.

I never thought I'd learn, much less report, that the CIA was backing al-Qaeda; first in Libya, and now in Syria. I thought we were supposed to be killing them.

Back to work for me.

posted on Nov, 29 2011 @ 02:54 AM
link   

I thought more people could think for themselves. "second line" proves otherwise.

posted on Nov, 29 2011 @ 03:02 AM
link   

Well, thank you for being clearer.

This site has helped me a lot to learn about some plans that CIA agents are going to do world wide.

There are always more to learn for me outside and inside ATS.

+ this is what I learned on ATS :

Nostradamus was just a lunatic who gave orders to another lunatics to act as he willed.

And I am still learning.
edit on 29/11/11 by hmdphantom because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 29 2011 @ 03:40 AM
link   

Originally posted by Raivan31

Yes. I found myself re-considering my opinion of Gaddafi after a post i read on here, ummm..lemme find it for you....

Ah, i think this was the one:

www.abovetopsecret.com...

Made me re-consider my views on him.

That thread you linked looks like a good read, I will have to check it out tonight

Here's a link to Saif Gaddafi's PHD thesis on Global Governance for you to enjoy

Saif Gaddafi's thesis

On the topic,

I love ATS it messes with my head, I change my mind constantly on some topics because the

debates are normally very good.

posted on Nov, 29 2011 @ 04:03 AM
link   
Yes reading ATS has opened my mind to many things. It has also made me more resolute in what my beliefs are.

posted on Nov, 29 2011 @ 04:08 AM
link   
I have been made aware of additional issues I previously had no awareness of. Also, due to the international nature of this site/web I am exposed to far more perspectives which, perhaps, my own govt/media would prefer I had no access to.

My views have been modified due to ATS - but I wouldn't say I've ever switched sides.

BTW - IMO the Gaddafi thread referred to by one of the posters should never have changed a mind - that's a fairy story.

posted on Nov, 29 2011 @ 04:38 AM
link   
well I used to think those that believed in stargates were just nutcases, however, Ive recently started reading a very long thread on the subject by someone who sounds credible. He is talking about ancient history which fascinates me and there is potential for changing my views on the subject although I havent read enough of it yet (its about 300+ pages) to defintely say I believe .... once ive read more Ill be able to list here the reasons for my change of heart ... too early to tell yet ... however Im not of the opinion that those who believe are just nutcases now ... does that count?

edit on 29-11-2011 by johnrobca because: to edit it

posted on Nov, 29 2011 @ 10:01 AM
link   
reply to post by johnrobca

Would it be this thread by "undo"? Stargates are real If so, he is a she, and it's an interesting read to be sure.

On topic: I don't know if any one thread or member has changed my mind per se. But the diversity here has made me value highly our different perspectives as individuals. What would ATS be like without debates coming at a topic from several angles? I've come to see "deny ignorance" as more than just informational factoids, but also a willingness to earnestly consider ideas totally foreign to your own way of thinking. A broadening of ones horizons so to speak.

posted on Nov, 29 2011 @ 11:23 AM
link   

Originally posted by mzungu
before i came to ats i believed i lived in an understandable, logical world with kind, sane people.

LOL

True true

posted on Nov, 29 2011 @ 11:35 AM
link   
reply to post by Klassified

lol yes thats the thread ....

ah he is a she, thanks .... I wrongly assumed and that makes me an a**

posted on Nov, 29 2011 @ 11:44 AM
link   
reply to post by Raivan31

Thanks for pointing out the thread dude

Got 3 pages in and also checked the end, amazingly its still alive!!!!
Its still blows me away how even on a a website like this people will swallow then regurgitate what the MSM tells them

Good to actually find proof this site is denying ignorance

posted on Nov, 29 2011 @ 11:45 AM
link   
Yes, OWS. I originally stood behind the protestors with every step. After a little digging on ATS, and going through some threads, I came to see the other points of view. For a bunch of reasons, I am now suspicious of OWS, but that is how quickly the members of ATS change their minds.

posted on Nov, 29 2011 @ 11:50 AM
link   

Originally posted by Toolatetotalk
Yes reading ATS has opened my mind to many things. It has also made me more resolute in what my beliefs are.

Same here about the mind opening.

What are your beliefs? do you mean religious or political or what?

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join