It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Take a look for yourself, at TIME mag cover Dec 2011, is different for the USA than other countries

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 29 2011 @ 03:29 AM
link   
Sorry for being so obvious but Time is printed in different locations around the world for different audiences in different locations, hence the different covers. Nothing sinister about it. What it demonstrates more than anything is that your average American is slightly out of kilter with the world - probably a result of belonging to the only superpower. However, that is changing i believe with more and more being opened to the outside borders! Maybe in 10 years time the covers of Time will all be the same as we will have more homogenised views.

posted on Nov, 29 2011 @ 04:48 AM
link   
reply to post by St0rD

Anxiety disorders can have serious effects
An anxiety disorder may lead to social isolation and clinical depression, and can impair a person’s ability to work, study and do routine activities. It may also hurt relationships with friends, family and colleagues. Depression can be a serious illness with a high risk of self-harm and suicide.

Get back in your box oops i mean home, nothing to see here

posted on Nov, 29 2011 @ 05:02 AM
link   

Originally posted by St0rD
Can anyone enlight me on the : How anxiety can be good for you?

WTF is that about...

I haven't read their article, so don't know their angle on it, but I consider a bit of stress or anxiety good for us too.

You can be completely stressfree (or "stoic" as a recent poster called it!
) but what happens is that your body doesn't produce chemicals which give you energy and speed up your metabolism, for your brain to be more alert, or your muscles and nerves fed and active.

If you are monk living in a cave, and have no activity to do except sitting Budha style in meditation all day and eating only the occasional leaf that falls in your lap, that is fine.

If you have to live in a world where you must get up in the morning, do a job, or otherwise move your body and make decisions, it becomes a problem. Mine was constant low blood pressure, and low blood sugar, making me sluggish mentally and physically. A mind adept at rationalizing everything in order to accept all things and be in peace makes for a non-productive person, even putting their self preservation off with their passivity. It can eventually lead to depression (as many of the bodies reactive instincts are depressed).

A bit of stress and anxiety will increase the body's production of hormones which speed up the metabolism, increase circulation, alertness and strength, making tasks easier to do, and activity less difficult.

Of course, in either extreme, you run into problems. I am betting the article is focusing on the balance between the two- just enough anxiety to give you energy, not enough to cause the high blood pressure and other problems that come with higher levels of stress.

posted on Nov, 29 2011 @ 05:23 AM
link   
The story is covered in the US version so we are good!

top topics

<< 1   >>

join