It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Take a look for yourself, at TIME mag cover Dec 2011, is different for the USA than other countries

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 29 2011 @ 01:23 AM
link   
what do YOU make of this Americans? Im an American and I am outraged & SHOCKED!
is this NOT 'in your face' PROOF of how the Gubmint controls the media your seeing? soooooo with that being a FACT, then how can you trust in ANYTHING you think of as true knowledge? I know I am questioning everything at this time......

fbcdn-sphotos-a.akamaihd.net..." target='_blank' class='tabOff'/>

I have this pic loaded in MY PICTURES......not sure at all HOW to get it on this page....Im trying

edit on 29-11-2011 by theRiverGoddess because: (no reason given)
can SOMEONE help me get this picture on the page?
edit on 29-11-2011 by theRiverGoddess because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 29 2011 @ 01:27 AM
link   
reply to post by theRiverGoddess

Its called localization. Its also called "Time can do whatever the hell they want with their magazine." Someone needs to check if the narrative is the same. Because the outrage of a changed/different cover is a bit redundant.
edit on 29-11-2011 by TsukiLunar because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 29 2011 @ 01:29 AM
link   

Wow. That is pretty blatant.

posted on Nov, 29 2011 @ 01:29 AM
link   
reply to post by TsukiLunar

Im thinking it could very well be a 'freedom of the press/COVER UP of the press' issue

posted on Nov, 29 2011 @ 01:30 AM
link   

Revolution is not for us -- in fact, our anxiety is good for us! Too appropriate.

posted on Nov, 29 2011 @ 01:31 AM
link   

is this NOT 'in your face' PROOF of how the Gubmint controls the media your seeing?

Nope. It is not. This is not some sort of big secret, nor is it unusual. A common practice.

Not sure why you're linking this to whatever the site is that you're linking, but it is very easy to find on the Time Magazine Website. It is not hidden.

posted on Nov, 29 2011 @ 01:33 AM
link   
2 page thread on this already, with pics. We discovered this happened at least 3 times before with TIME in recent history.

posted on Nov, 29 2011 @ 01:34 AM
link   
reply to post by theovermensch

Wow. That is pretty blatant.

No it is not pretty blatant. IF there was some shady agenda behind not showing the cover then they could have not shown it on ANY of them at all. No one would have ever noticed.

posted on Nov, 29 2011 @ 01:37 AM
link   
Mmmhh I agree with you that the MSM is...uh...selective...in what they report, but in the picture you provided, the covers with the protester are about Egypt, correct? If you look closely above the "T" in 'Time' in the US cover, it says "Egypt revolution reignited". So it's covered in the US version it just didn't make the cover. Why? dunno but it's a good question. Are the articles saying the same thing? Another good question.

Be breezy..

edit on 29-11-2011 by Dembow because: I couldn't resist.

posted on Nov, 29 2011 @ 01:38 AM
link   

Originally posted by BrokenCircles

is this NOT 'in your face' PROOF of how the Gubmint controls the media your seeing?

Nope. It is not. This is not some sort of big secret, nor is it unusual. A common practice.

Not sure why you're linking this to whatever the site is that you're linking, but it is very easy to find on the Time Magazine Website. It is not hidden.

Whats great is if you go to the link you provided and enlarge the photos the US Time has on the upper left corner "EGYPT: REVOLUTION REIGNITED" and if you look at the other Time photos you'll read in the upper left corner "Relax! Anxiety is good for you"

edit on 29-11-2011 by Swills because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 29 2011 @ 01:39 AM
link   
Hahaha.....well, if you wanted to keep a disgruntled and scared mass under control, this is surely the kind of message you'd want to be putting out there- Don't worry! Do some gardening, or more work! That anxiety you're feeling? It's good. Means you're healthy!"

But..uh......why are they encouraging the acting out of anxiety through revolt elsewhere, this American company???

posted on Nov, 29 2011 @ 01:40 AM
link   

Hi, the original post regarding the Time magazine cover topic is found here.
There's also another one here, and yet another one found here.

posted on Nov, 29 2011 @ 01:43 AM
link   
Here you go. I had to shrink it down to make it fit, though...

edit on 29-11-2011 by ILikeStars because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 29 2011 @ 01:54 AM
link   
reply to post by ILikeStars

THANK YOU so much!!

I guess I am to slow in this posting, alas, as shown by the above posts..............

posted on Nov, 29 2011 @ 01:56 AM
link   
Can anyone enlight me on the : How anxiety can be good for you?

WTF is that about...

posted on Nov, 29 2011 @ 02:06 AM
link   

Originally posted by St0rD
Can anyone enlight me on the : How anxiety can be good for you?

WTF is that about...

I think they got the covers mixed up. This cover was supposed to be for the big pharma monthly newsletter.

posted on Nov, 29 2011 @ 02:14 AM
link   
reply to post by BeyondPerception

I think they got the covers mixed up. This cover was supposed to be for the big pharma monthly newsletter.

Rather, lets read the article it is referring to to put that statement into context. Cause we obviously do not have context yet and one cant just load up on some anxiety so its probably not propaganda for big pharma.

posted on Nov, 29 2011 @ 02:19 AM
link   
Thank you for taking the time to refresh our memory on this topic I have seen a thread on this once a day for the past four days but I guess I should not be reading ats every day my bad
edit on 29-11-2011 by vesco because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 29 2011 @ 02:38 AM
link   
reply to post by Swills

Originally posted by Swills

Whats great is if you go to the link you provided and enlarge the photos the US Time has on the upper left corner "EGYPT: REVOLUTION REIGNITED" and if you look at the other Time photos you'll read in the upper left corner "Relax! Anxiety is good for you"
Was it difficult to find that?

As previously stated: None of it is hidden. It is not some sort of big secret.

posted on Nov, 29 2011 @ 02:53 AM
link   

Originally posted by BrokenCircles
reply to post by Swills

Originally posted by Swills

Was it difficult to find that?

As previously stated: None of it is hidden. It is not some sort of big secret.

No it wasn't difficult. All you have to do is enlarge the picture and then read, an option the OP didn't give us.
edit on 29-11-2011 by Swills because: (no reason given)

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join