It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

What was the name of the #1 song in the USA? Where was the artist from? "Fallin" & Manhattan.

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Nov, 29 2011 @ 01:10 AM
link   
So, has anyone else noticed this?
The other day when I was on facebook I used the "The number one song on your birthday was"
App, but put in September 11th, 2001 instead of my birthday, just to see what the song was. I was
Really suprised to see what the application kicked back at me. I was a little
Surprised, really that is.

Before the events of September 11th, 2001, began that morning the number 1 song in America was:

"FALLIN" by Alicia Keys, who is from Manhattan

Alicia Augello Cook (born January 25, 1981), better known by her stage name Alicia Keys, is an American singer-songwriter, record producer, and occasional actress. She was raised by a single mother in the Hell's Kitchen area of Manhattan in New York City.
Wikipedia's Alicia Keys Article

"FALLIN" by Alicia Keys Official Video:

"FALLIN" by Alicia Keys lyrics:

The app "The #1 song on your birth date was:" on facebook says the number one song that day was Alicia Key's "Fallin".

Wikipedia's List of Hot 100 number-one singles of 2001 (U.S.) article says:

From August 18 - September 1 the #1 song was "Fallin" by Alicia Keys.
From September 8 - September 22 the #1 song was "I'm Real" by Jennifer Lopez.
From September 29 - October 13 the #1 song was "Fallin" by Alicia Keys.
From October 20 - October 27 the #1 song was "I'm Real" by Jennifer Lopez featuring Ja Rule

Bobborst.com's US Number One Songs - 2001 says:
August 12 – September 1 2001 Alicia Keys - Fallin'

September 2 – 22 2001 Jennifer Lopez - I'm Real

September 23 – October 13 2001 Alicia Keys - Fallin'

I just thought I'd share this "coincidence" or example of "synchronicity" or ... whatever you want to call it with ATSers.

edit on 29-11-2011 by ILikeStars because: condense title to include answers & fix bb code typos

posted on Nov, 29 2011 @ 01:13 AM
link   
reply to post by ILikeStars

The number one song when I was born was band aid, does this mean I'm going to become a starving african

posted on Nov, 29 2011 @ 01:15 AM
link   

Originally posted by fairguy

The number one song when I was born was band aid, does this mean I'm going to become a starving african

Yes, yes it does. Any more intelligent questions?

edit on 29-11-2011 by ILikeStars because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 29 2011 @ 01:16 AM
link   
just a coincidence but yea, at the same time, what are the odds, huh??

is there a verison for laptops or its strictly a smartphone app @ Market? (android or apple?)

posted on Nov, 29 2011 @ 01:18 AM
link   

This saturdays lottery numbers would be nice
have a star

posted on Nov, 29 2011 @ 01:29 AM
link   

Coming to grips with 911 is like being in the teeth of a lion. Denial is a protection mechanism, like shock. Once you get over that hump the next hump is the realization that if they can do that, then they can do anything.

posted on Nov, 29 2011 @ 01:48 AM
link   

Am I reading this wrong or what? But according to both of the Lists you posted, the number one song on 9/11 was JLo's "I'm Real".

From September 8 - September 22 the #1 song was "I'm Real" by Jennifer Lopez.

According to WiKi, Keys lost her spot on the 8th , and the Bobborst says she lost it on the 2nd.

posted on Nov, 29 2011 @ 01:56 AM
link   
reply to post by PersonalChoice

star...

No, you are reading it right. I noticed the discrepancies, too. Alicia Keys was #1 before and after J-LO, according to both those sources, but even those sources disagree about the dates.

Out of reverence for the truth (and integrity) I did some research, and posted what was available as opposition to what results came from the Facebook app for the number one song for that day.

edit on 29-11-2011 by ILikeStars because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 29 2011 @ 02:11 AM
link   

I follow you now. Probably the app is getting it's stats from a completely different source.

posted on Nov, 29 2011 @ 02:50 AM
link   

Originally posted by ILikeStars
"FALLIN"

But of course there are probably hundreds of words that could count as a "hit" in regards to post prediction of 911.

Anything mentioning planes, impacts, war, fighting, tall buildings, fire, muslims, terrorists, collapsing etc...
Its probably a very long list if you sit down to write it out and in all those millions of parallel universes, people are saying "OMG, the number 1 hit song on that day was titled........"

edit on 29-11-2011 by alfa1 because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 29 2011 @ 03:03 AM
link   

Originally posted by alfa1

"FALLIN"

But of course there are probably hundreds of words that could count as a "hit" in regards to post prediction of 911.

What happens when someone opens up a can of whoop ass? war
But first you need to take off the lid

Now add a raid with people coming in and doing what people do during raids....

and make sure it is seen across the entire planet earth (but the word UR in many ancient languages means Earth)....

War lid add raid seen across Earth....
wor ld...+....rade...cen...+....ur....
world....+rade.....cen+ur...
world trade center

... huh, maybe you are right.

posted on Mar, 20 2012 @ 03:22 PM
link   
I still find this somewhat baffling, to be honest. Billions of people on the planet and trillions of places, yet a song called Fallin by a person born and raised in Manhattan was the number one song that week.

Tuesday morning that day, the number one song in America was: "Fallin" by Alicia Keys, and she was born and raised in Manhattan.
Fallin, Manhattan.

Although there were billions of people on the planet, and trillions of places on earth... probably just all a coincidence, right?

posted on Mar, 26 2012 @ 03:07 PM
link   

You revived this thread why?

Really? You think there is something amazing about a woman from New York that had a number 1 hit on September 11th? Do you know how many professional singers come from New York?

The song called "Fallin" has absolutely NOTHING to do with the collapsing of buildings. Hell, it doesn't even have to do with the word falling pertaining to gravity!

The song "Fallin" :

"I wanted to write a song for someone who was 10 or 12 years old -- like a young Michael Jackson. Even though he was young, he was singing some deep stuff back then. [The song] is about the ins and outs of a relationship. Sometimes, you're completely head-over-heels in love with someone, and sometimes you can't stand that person. You fall in and out, sometimes it goes back and forth, and that's just what relationships are about."

- Alicia Keys

posted on Mar, 26 2012 @ 09:48 PM
link   

Originally posted by Six Sigma

You revived this thread why?

To give you the opportunity to burn calories typing in letters after that question that I will never read.

Have a pleasant day Sunshine.

posted on Mar, 27 2012 @ 04:09 AM
link   

War lid add raid seen across Earth....
wor ld...+....rade...cen...+....ur....
world....+rade.....cen+ur...
world trade center

Star for this!

posted on Mar, 27 2012 @ 06:32 AM
link   
If the song 'FALLIN' was composed by an artist/band named 'MANHATTAN' it would be more of a find, but this is just pure coincidence.

posted on Mar, 27 2012 @ 03:17 PM
link   
reply to post by TheGreatest

I must concede, you may indeed be correct. It may be coincidence, I'm not good at math so I really couldn't tell ya what the odds would be for such an occurance. It was just something I noticed and thought I would share.

But, thank you for your input just the same.

posted on Mar, 27 2012 @ 05:41 PM
link   

To give you the opportunity to burn calories typing in letters after that question that I will never read.

Have a pleasant day Sunshine.

Thanks, my heart thanks you for the .0023 of a calorie I burned! oh + the .000019 of a calorie for this post!

posted on Mar, 28 2012 @ 09:49 PM
link   
reply to post by Six Sigma

posted on Apr, 14 2012 @ 03:12 AM
link   

If you think that's suspicious this will probably blow your socks off:

I'm sure you can guess the planned release date for this album...

edit on 14-4-2012 by Insolubrious because: (no reason given)

new topics

top topics

join