It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Let's stop the insanity for a minute!

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Nov, 28 2011 @ 10:38 PM
link   
Had your fill of WW3 threads? Are you waiting for the next NEO thread? Need a place to stop and think about whether or not Osama and Elvis really are starring in the new Vegas show? Stop here, slow down, and congratulate someone. WHAT!??!? What do you mean ATS members are not used to this!? You mean they don't actually tell anyone that they are doing a great job!? Sure starring them is one thing, but, really!?

Please take a minute to post a thread that really made you think, and where the OP has taken the time to be courteous and thoughtful and respectful. I know, all those sometimes aren't found in one person, but, at least try? Let's give each other a pat on the back right? Let's try it out and see what happens.

Take care.
edit on 28-11-2011 by superman2012 because: grammar

Edit: I guess I need to add mine right?
edit on 28-11-2011 by superman2012 because: I had to show you mine to see yours.

posted on Nov, 28 2011 @ 10:45 PM
link   
www.abovetopsecret.com...

This thread really made me think that we are lost as a species. But the OP was courteous and respectful as far as I could tell, so I'll give them that.
edit on 28-11-2011 by satron because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 28 2011 @ 10:46 PM
link   
Lmfao..
Nice work, well done...

Have a drink its on me...

posted on Nov, 28 2011 @ 10:47 PM
link   
reply to post by satron

I hear you! Makes you think we are doomed to repeat our mistakes! Thanks for replying!

posted on Nov, 28 2011 @ 10:48 PM
link   
reply to post by aussiemisfit

Thanks for the drink...what's your thread?

posted on Nov, 28 2011 @ 10:50 PM
link   
reply to post by superman2012

A breath of fresh air. Just breath.....ahhhhhhhhhhhhh........

Excellent idea. I know there are certain posters, who's threads I feel an affinity for. Threads that make me slow down and think outside of my own comfort zone. Yet non-invasive...more a gentle nudge. I'll be keeping this thread in mind, TY for posting.

Des

posted on Nov, 28 2011 @ 10:50 PM
link   

I am opening a Free Hugs and Compliments tent. If anyone is interested, you know where to get it. (No, its not a government brain washing program either!)

Anyway, here is my thread, well its not mine... www.abovetopsecret.com...

Countdown to insanity continuation in: 5....4....3....2....

posted on Nov, 28 2011 @ 10:51 PM
link   
I sincerely thanks the author of this thread, and doubly so if the OP is edited to lead by example!

Nice idea OP!

EDIT: Forgot to add
at the end of first line...

edit on 28-11-2011 by NowanKenubi because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 28 2011 @ 10:55 PM
link   
reply to post by NowanKenubi

Hahaha...I get it. I just didn't want to post mine first because this fellow has had a rough go of it...but, I let him know that I respected him (but didn't agree with him) for not being disrespectful.

This thread.

posted on Nov, 28 2011 @ 10:56 PM
link   
reply to post by LightSpeedDriver

I knew there was a reason for my cats always staring at me! Thanks for the reply.

posted on Nov, 28 2011 @ 10:58 PM
link   
reply to post by Destinyone

It happens to everyone, you start stating your case in a thread and before you know it, you aren't trying to make them see your side anymore, you are trying to convince them you are right. I think I have done that in every thread I have posted in. Hard habit to break. Thanks for the reply.

posted on Nov, 28 2011 @ 11:08 PM
link   

Originally posted by superman2012

It happens to everyone, you start stating your case in a thread and before you know it, you aren't trying to make them see your side anymore, you are trying to convince them you are right. I think I have done that in every thread I have posted in. Hard habit to break. Thanks for the reply.

I get what you are saying...but, in this instance...well, all I can say is....you are wrong, I am right.

Neener neener

posted on Nov, 28 2011 @ 11:09 PM
link   

Ur welcome...

A few threads have made me stop & think, and some have also altered my views on the world/or the abnormal..
I probably couldn't pin-point one right now, as i have been drinking for a while, but ill get back to u, maybe after i have had a feed..

Lmfao..

posted on Nov, 28 2011 @ 11:13 PM
link   

yah but seriously, I am right.

posted on Nov, 28 2011 @ 11:13 PM
link   
reply to post by aussiemisfit

Look forward to it misfit!

posted on Nov, 28 2011 @ 11:18 PM
link   

Originally posted by superman2012

yah but seriously, I am right.

Pictures...or it didn't happen.....

posted on Nov, 28 2011 @ 11:57 PM
link   
Glad you brought this up - we simply need to agree to differ rather than all out verbal attack!

It costs nothing to be civilised and let's face it, at the end of the day, if you really can't take what someone is saying what the heck are you doing hanging around - it's just to aggitate. These people are best ignored.

The whole point of debate is to listen to each side of the argument and pass comment however, there are ways to do this. Put it this way - if you're not sure if you are being rude or stepping over the line you just need to ask yourself - if that person was a friend of mine or if I was in a University Hall - would I perhaps reword my response? Then you have your answer.

Some members really show how young and immature they are but even then there's a way of telling them - I mean you could simply say "Go Back To School" - Only kidding but some times, it's really tempting.

Guess we're all human apart from the Aliens among us.

Good Rant.

posted on Nov, 28 2011 @ 11:59 PM
link   
reply to post by quedup

Thanks for that! I agree with you. I will never say I am never guilty of what I complain about though!

posted on Nov, 29 2011 @ 02:35 AM
link   
Like I say - we're all human - but with your name - well - you should be ashamed.

posted on Nov, 29 2011 @ 07:44 AM
link   
reply to post by quedup

Hahaha, that just means I either do everything super bad or super well.

top topics

join