It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Pimping out my own daughter.

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 28 2011 @ 10:19 PM
link   
Now that you're here, reading this, it's nothing like THAT!

Read along, and settle your feathers.

This thread was actually inspired by THIS POST. (I'll wait while you go read that.)

Now, before the story, let's settle on the definition of the term pimping for actual use in the context of this thread: Pimping I'll use definitions 1, 5, and 6, for the purposes of this thread.

One of the things I've taught my daughter over the years is self-defense. Non-lethal self-defense. She's 15, and can drop her brother in 3 seconds, who is 210 lbs and 6'1". Sparring with her will leave you with bruises. She knows the basics of several martial arts, but I have never set her on a path, simply teaching. She'll decide for herself someday.

However, during her training, she took a liking to nun-chakus.

Since she's also in dance, and soccer, I've taught her over the years to "dance" to the routines, keeping her body flexible, how to dive while spinning, and expounding on how her body reacts to reality.

When she was 14, she wanted to enter an "open" competition at school, a "talent show". She told me she wanted to do a nun-chaku routine.

Mind you, I can flip on nearly any song on the radio or from cd, and toss her a pair of nun-chakus, and within a few moments of reflection, she choreographs a routine herself, on the fly, by listening to the music. I watch and critique. She learns. Adjusts.

Spinning nun-chakus really fasts causes a drop sometimes. She knows she is only allowed three drops per routine, or it's over immediately.

So here's the video from when she was 14, at the talent show at school, I took the video from my smartphone. It's 3:46 seconds of your life you'll never get back. The song she's spinning to is "Bring me to Life", by Evanescence.

Here is the wierd part. She drops at 2:45, and bows, and at 2:48 you can hear a voice in the background that says, "don't let me die here". Perfectly synchronized to the song. This was filmed live, no tampering here.

posted on Nov, 28 2011 @ 10:24 PM
link   
The "Don't let me die here" is in the original song mate.

edit on 28-11-2011 by YouDeserveToKnow because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 28 2011 @ 10:26 PM
link   
In all that reading, I didn't see how much....

posted on Nov, 28 2011 @ 10:36 PM
link   
Reply to post by Hydroman

Did you read any of it? Joking like that is far beyond inappropriate..

Posted Via ATS Mobile: m.abovetopsecret.com

posted on Nov, 28 2011 @ 10:44 PM
link   

posted on Nov, 28 2011 @ 10:48 PM
link   

posted on Nov, 28 2011 @ 10:49 PM
link   

Originally posted by strafgod

Yes I did, why?

It was a joke, just going along with his thread title.

What I found strange is that his daughter could take down his older son. What I'm wondering is if he taught his older son the same things he taught his daughter? Being all things equal in combat, the stronger one should win, imo.

posted on Nov, 28 2011 @ 10:53 PM
link   
I brought two beers for the bears in the mountains...

That's how I'd sing it...

But the guy in the crowd knows the original is "i fought with bears for two years in the mountains.", and he says so.

posted on Nov, 28 2011 @ 10:54 PM
link   
Reply to post by Hydroman

I knew with a title like that, that jokes like yours would be said..

Whats inappropriate is that the OP states his daughter is 15 and thats why I asked if you read it. Did you see that?

Posted Via ATS Mobile: m.abovetopsecret.com

posted on Nov, 28 2011 @ 11:01 PM
link   
reply to post by strafgod

Yes I did. I have a 15 year old daugher myself. I would not be offended if someone asked the same thing I did, especially if my thread title was as such.

edit on 28-11-2011 by Hydroman because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 28 2011 @ 11:07 PM
link   
reply to post by YouDeserveToKnow

I see it as even the drop as being in sync with the song. Her bow correlates perfectly. When I was editing it, I was amazed. Still am.

posted on Nov, 28 2011 @ 11:07 PM
link   
reply to post by Druid42

All I can say is her (future) boyfriends better watch the # out!
Dude, just awesome! Watching her move gave me the idea of dance, slight cheerleadery touches, confidence and martial arts. She got it all. Thanks for sharing and to Ms. Druid42, I hope you are careful around people that wear glasses (thats me, a 4 eyed wimp)

ETA Perhaps cheerleadery is not the right word, but certainly something from "modern America". I meant nothing bad by it in any case. She has...multi-disciplinary skills from what I saw is what I mean.
edit on 28/11/11 by LightSpeedDriver because: ETA

posted on Nov, 28 2011 @ 11:09 PM
link   
reply to post by Hydroman

Sometimes the catchy title wins, sometimes it loses. Emotions flare.

Good defenses fellas!

posted on Nov, 28 2011 @ 11:15 PM
link   
reply to post by LightSpeedDriver

I trained her to be bad-boy proof. She's performing there, not reacting.

It was either that, or I sharpen the axe whenever a boy comes around, and practice chopping wood. That scares them too.

This way, a boy or two will learn their lesson:

"Respect girls!"

posted on Nov, 28 2011 @ 11:18 PM
link   
reply to post by Hydroman

You never met a feisty lady? They can remove yer eyebrows before you notice...
Now here's a little story. One day I woke up, much like any other day, but words were said, we were both grumpy, and her first reaction was to clench her fist and draw back her arm in e pre-strike pose. I have no idea what the words were, I was barely awake never mind coffee. Now that was a woman!

She isn't with me now either. Strange huh? And no, it wasn't because I had hit her. It was just...brewing tensions under the surface that were hypnogogically released during sleep. I placed both hands behind my back, tilted my head forward and to the rear, offering her my unprotected chin. She grunted at me and went downstairs....

ETA Its called personal disclosure, like the op did with hist thread and I did slightly with my post. Its cool.

edit on 28/11/11 by LightSpeedDriver because: ETA

edit on 28/11/11 by LightSpeedDriver because: Syntax

posted on Nov, 28 2011 @ 11:30 PM
link   

Originally posted by LightSpeedDriver
You never met a feisty lady? They can remove yer eyebrows before you notice...

That's nothing. There are some who will remove your pork spear and throw it out the window.

posted on Nov, 28 2011 @ 11:33 PM
link   

Originally posted by Hydroman

Originally posted by strafgod

Yes I did, why?

It was a joke, just going along with his thread title.

What I found strange is that his daughter could take down his older son. What I'm wondering is if he taught his older son the same things he taught his daughter? Being all things equal in combat, the stronger one should win, imo.

FYI: My son has no interest in martial arts, he took them for 3 years. If he was in a rage, he may get her pinned, but bruises yes. He's also 4 years her senior. She goes for weak spots in her opponent. In this case, size doesn't matter, ferocity does.

posted on Nov, 28 2011 @ 11:35 PM
link   
The thread title was enough to make me puke. I care not about the content. Yuk!

posted on Nov, 28 2011 @ 11:38 PM
link   

Originally posted by Druid42
In this case, size doesn't matter, ferocity does.
That's what I like about Brazilian Jiu-Jitsu. I'm a smaller guy, but I've taken down guys that outweigh me by about 100 pounds, and made them give up. But, if I grapple someone who is my level and physically stronger, they have an edge.
edit on 28-11-2011 by Hydroman because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 29 2011 @ 12:05 AM
link   
reply to post by Druid42

I can tell you freestyle nunchaku will ruin your daughters hands, she will eventually suffer from a form of arthritis or Raynaud's phenomenon, white finger etc. It doesn't matter if she swings foam or steel nunchaku, all the finger and wrist movements will eventually cause her problems. I would recommend using the nunchaku as a weapon, not as a phallus toy.

edit on 29-11-2011 by imitator because: (no reason given)

top topics

<<   2  3 >>

join