It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

What is going on with this weather???

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 28 2011 @ 09:55 PM
link   
In New York City, USA it reached a high of 72 degrees fahrenheit today (52 degrees for the low). This time of year, the average high/low temps are 41 and 30 respectively. I don't want this to be just another thread about global warming, weather modification, etc. as I don't think there's any denying that "something" has severely changed weather patterns in most parts of the world. Instead, I want to use it as a collection of information from whomever wants to participate. Hopefully we can compile some real time data from around the globe.

If interested, list where you're located (city - state (if applicable) - and country) and what the high/low temperature was in your area today, 11/28/2011. Then, if you're feeling really ambitious, Google to see what the typical temperate is in your area this time of year; I used December temps so there are bound to be some variables but it should be close enough.

If there are enough participants, I'll make a master list at the end of the week and we can see just how much the weather is off balance (or not) around the world. Don't worry about converting it from fahrenheit to celsius or vice versa - I'll do that on the list at the end of the week. Thanks, mates.

So here's the first entry: New York, NY, USA - 11/28/2011 - 72/52 F (22.2/11.1 C) and typical 41/30 F (5/-1.1 C)
edit on Tue Nov 29 2011 by DontTreadOnMe because: wtf is not appropriate in a title

posted on Nov, 28 2011 @ 09:57 PM
link   
Its been warmer then usual here in Colorado too.

like.. Substantially warmer.

posted on Nov, 28 2011 @ 10:00 PM
link   
I thought this sort of stuff happens every year, when I was growing up in NY we use to call it Indian summer whenever we had a few days of unusually warm days in October and November..

posted on Nov, 28 2011 @ 10:02 PM
link   
Been in the mid-70s here for the past week in SC (nice moving weather
). It's supposed to snow 1-3 inches in the mountains in the next few days.

posted on Nov, 28 2011 @ 10:03 PM
link   
Nothing to worry about, Mother Earth is experienced and knows what she is doing.

Weather patterns fluctuate. Weather streams change. Life goes on.

Weather in Seattle, WA was sunny today, which was a nice surprise, but nothing out of the ordinary.

posted on Nov, 28 2011 @ 10:07 PM
link   

Originally posted by AnIntellectualRedneck
Been in the mid-70s here for the past week in SC (nice moving weather
). It's supposed to snow 1-3 inches in the mountains in the next few days.

Same here in Memphis. Last week it felt like April. Today, snow like in a blizzard.

posted on Nov, 28 2011 @ 10:08 PM
link   
el nino

Read this

edit on 28-11-2011 by WakeUpRiseUp because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 28 2011 @ 10:09 PM
link   
Well Clearly these are the signs of the end of the world as WE know it..
extreme weather changes.. in weird places.. yes the end is near..

posted on Nov, 28 2011 @ 10:10 PM
link   
quit cho complain'n man.....it's freaking cold here in southern illinois! We have this drizzly rain falling and it's bitter out there with the wind. 3 days of this stuff...I've had enough already! How many days until summer???

posted on Nov, 28 2011 @ 10:11 PM
link   
I am a AGW believer, but regional events are usually explained with jet streams and ocean currents, and it's going to be in the 40's by the end of the week

posted on Nov, 28 2011 @ 10:12 PM
link   
Usually, in Québec, the Indian summer is long gone. It should be cold and we should have a little snow.

I took the next two pictures near my home. The flower began flowering again but it should be long gone, now. I also saw a burgeoning three around that time, but didn't have anything with me to take pictures... Dandelions were also out last week...

I wanted to add that many people still jog in shorts, and some with only a little shirt on, instead of the usual winter coat.
edit on 28-11-2011 by NowanKenubi because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 28 2011 @ 10:14 PM
link   
reply to post by NowanKenubi

yup, my wife is a gardener, and she has seen many examples of budding in the last few weeks, they are thinking hurricane irene dumping so much water into the water tables plus the odd temperature fluctuations has something to do with it

posted on Nov, 28 2011 @ 10:16 PM
link   
Unseasonably warm here in the DC Metro area as well. The high today was in the low 70's and is presently 61 with an expected low of 58 tonight. It certainly doesn't feel like late November, especially after the winter of 2008/2009 (I moved here from Hawaii talk about SHOCK!). Not feeling the "holiday spirit", it's just too warm for this area. Gaia knows what she's doing whether it's her normal cycle, a "cleansing" - so to speak, or what have you. We have no choice but to take the ride with her.

posted on Nov, 28 2011 @ 10:19 PM
link   
reply to post by syrinx high priest

In the back yard, we have a pear tree, and a couple of weeks ago, it began loosing partly its leafs, and partly flowering again... The flowers were short lived, but I was wondering how the poor tree felt!

Heck, we still sleep with the windows open and December is only a few days away!

posted on Nov, 28 2011 @ 10:20 PM
link   
no worries just earth mingling in the elegant dance of a solar max.

en.wikipedia.org...

"Solar maximum or solar max is the period of greatest solar activity in the solar cycle of the sun. During solar maximum, sunspots appear.[1]

A solar maximum is the period when the sun's magnetic field lines are the most distorted due to the magnetic field on the solar equator rotating at a slightly faster pace than at the solar poles[citation needed]. The solar cycle takes an average of about 12 years to go from one solar maximum to the next, with an observed variation in duration of 9 to 14 years for any given solar cycle.

"

goes up and down like a roller coaster ^^ just be glasd it keeps us within its goldie locks zone while having these hot flashes.

posted on Nov, 28 2011 @ 10:34 PM
link   
I am in Australia - East and inland - rural farming area.
It is stinking hot and humid.
This is not the weather we should be having.
From hot and humid and cold (think jumpers) back to humid in a short space of time.
Thunderstorms and heavy drenching rain.
This is not regular.

I imagine Solar activity is part of the reason and I also believe HAARP, DARPA and GWEN are contributing factors.
When the governments of the world tell us everything and in an openly transparent honest way - we might understand what is happening and not have to guess.

Much Peace...

posted on Nov, 28 2011 @ 10:54 PM
link   

Originally posted by worldwatcher
I thought this sort of stuff happens every year, when I was growing up in NY we use to call it Indian summer whenever we had a few days of unusually warm days in October and November..

I remember that as well but it seems to have become the exception to the rule and when you consider things like freak October snowstorms, proclivities for tornados and earthquakes that happen once every blue moon, one has to wonder what is going on...

What's the temperature like where you're located or are you in the New York area as well?

posted on Nov, 28 2011 @ 10:56 PM
link   
It's El Nina

posted on Nov, 28 2011 @ 10:56 PM
link   
reply to post by Neopan100

LOL - no one said anything about complaints. Just merely interested in what the rest of the world is experiencing? Thanks for the chuckle.

posted on Nov, 28 2011 @ 10:57 PM
link   
The last thing I am going to do is complain! I live in Upstate NY where it gets mighty cold. Today I did some yard work in shorts! I believe it was 62 here today and tomorrow is the same forecast. Normally our temperatures are Max Temp 43 °F - Min Temp 28 °F.

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join