It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Russia not ruling out use of Nuclear Weapons

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 29 2011 @ 07:19 AM
link   

posted on Nov, 29 2011 @ 07:35 AM
link   

Originally posted by MegasAlexandros
Dang, why don't we just send representatives to box each other like in Rocky V. Things would be so much better that way...

A bit like this!

posted on Nov, 29 2011 @ 07:39 AM
link   
In other news, The sky is blue and everything tastes like chicken.
When has any nuclear armed nation ever ruled out the use of nuclear weapons? It's freaking assumed that the nuclear option is always there all the time waiting for the right threat level to be hit before that big red button is slapped.

This isn't news, This is sensationalist fear mongering. Because any news title with "Nucler weapons" = Views for any online or print news media.

posted on Nov, 29 2011 @ 09:06 AM
link   
Russians come from mothers too, even if Russian General Nikolai Makarov seems to be born out of a rock, to contemplete the unleashing of nukes in conflicts.

I doubt if any mortal would want to press that button that would unleash hell of multiple nuke launches, kill every mother on Earth.

That russian general is worse than an animal. I have at least seen animals protecting their families, and if everyone thinks like that beast, then there is truly no hope left for mankind....

posted on Nov, 29 2011 @ 12:20 PM
link   
reply to post by paraphi

I agree with your appraisal regarding the goals driving the current manifestation of Russian foreign diplomacy.

The mighty Russian Bear has found herself toothless in the aftermath of the fall of communism and the orgy of greed that gutted the Russian industrial base through the 90's.

The media attention being given to attempts at modernizing their strategic forces is rather embarrassing as well considering the expense and problems with the Bulava, not to mention the single aircraft TU-160 deterrence patrols being resumed over the Arctic.

That big proud bird looks rather lonely up there all by herself.

Myself, I'm a sucker for the original...

Edit: Why do you suppose the call it the Bone?

edit on 29-11-2011 by Drunkenparrot because: syntax

posted on Nov, 29 2011 @ 12:30 PM
link   
The great red bear has grew tired of the star/striped eagle meddling in its territory
I think its about time the russians stopped the usa from taking global air supremacy
Nato is getting closer n closer to russia soon we will have cuban missle crisis 2
Do you think russia will stand for that? They will see it as act of war....

posted on Nov, 29 2011 @ 12:53 PM
link   

Originally posted by Insearchofthetruth1987
The great red bear has grew tired of the star/striped eagle meddling in its territory
I think its about time the russians stopped the usa from taking global air supremacy
Nato is getting closer n closer to russia soon we will have cuban missle crisis 2

No Mate its an Ice Cream Van

posted on Nov, 29 2011 @ 01:07 PM
link   
well with israel threatening the world with its "non-existing" nuclear arsenal on top of NATO placing some form of "anti-missile tech" around the world, i would threaten to use my nukes too if I had some...

the Russians have it right, tell it how it is and not how the mainstream "politicians" and "media" want to hear it... it;s about time someone has the balls to call it how it is....

posted on Nov, 29 2011 @ 01:23 PM
link   

Originally posted by JohnySeagull

Russia activates missile early warning radar system

Russia has turned on a new incoming missile early warning system in its westernmost region in response to US plans for a missile shield in Europe.

In a statement carried by Russian news agencies, Mr Medvedev said: "I expect that this step will be seen by our partners as the first signal of the readiness of our country to make an adequate response to the threats which the missile shield poses for our strategic nuclear forces."

www.bbc.co.uk...

The old and long forgotten cold war is certainly heating up again. Nothing like a recession to shake people up.

Russians consider a shield to protect people to be a threat. Great stuff.

Anyway, its going to be so much fun when this thing malfunctions and is activated accidently. You just know its going to happen.

Calling is a shield and saying it will protect people does not make it so. They are weapons lined up near Russia's border's that have the capability to destroy and kill.

If i were them I would be concerned and take action too. Ever play risk? Axis & Allies? Command & Conquer? You don't allow your enemies to build arsenals on your border, if you do they will use it against you someday.

posted on Nov, 29 2011 @ 01:24 PM
link   

Originally posted by Insearchofthetruth1987

Kind of like Gorbachev didn't stand for SDI in Reykjavík during the 80's?

Speaking of the "October Crisis", lets hope Medvedev takes a hint out of Khrushchev's playbook.

Khrushchev didn't stand for any nonsense on the part of the U.S. either, the whole thing still brings a tear to my eye.

The way the Soviets immediately dismantled those intermediate range ballistic missiles and shipped them back home to mother Russia in the middle of the night? That really put the diabolical west in their place...

Honestly, where are some of you getting your history from? The back of a Russian box of crackerjacks?

posted on Nov, 29 2011 @ 01:38 PM
link   
reply to post by MegasAlexandros

Ah if only it were that easy. Maybe someday the idiots who start these wars will also be the ones who fight them. Probably not. Also, that was Rocky IV, not V.

posted on Nov, 29 2011 @ 01:46 PM
link   
Hell lets just blow the world up we are low on resources as is. So we can go backwards in technology. when we are finally going in the right direction slowly but going. If we nuke each other there we will be nothing and I mean nothing for decades mabe even a lot longer then that depending on just how bad we do it up. They just don't think do they. The last thing anyone should be thinking about is nuking anyone come on we are all adults here. Nukes are stupid on my list because if someone thinks they can hide underground they are mistaken this planet will be totaled if it is all nuke war earth will be more like Venus or mars people we have done lots of damage already. peace out..

posted on Nov, 29 2011 @ 02:33 PM
link   

Originally posted by MegasAlexandros
Dang, why don't we just send representatives to box each other like in Rocky V. Things would be so much better that way...

or in G-gundam (an anime) lol?

posted on Nov, 29 2011 @ 02:35 PM
link   
Oceania and Eurasia are just taking their respective sides for the last great game.

posted on Nov, 29 2011 @ 02:45 PM
link   

Originally posted by daaskapital
With Russia seeing the Eastward expansion of NATO as a threat, the General had this to say:

‘The possibility of local armed conflicts along nearly the whole border has increased dramatically. In certain conditions, I do not rule out local and regional armed conflicts developing into a large-scale war, including using nuclear weapons.’

So, hopefully, nothing serious arises from this eastward expansion, but if it does, it will probably become a #storm between NATO and Russia. This could get interesting. What does ATS think?

I think nothing we're seeing right now is happening in isolation or unrelated to other events. When Iran is threatening to drop missiles into a NATO nation like Turkey while Russia is all but totally committed to the support and perhaps even defense of Iran, the General making this statement likely had very specific scenarios and circumstances on his mind as he said this.

I don't think these statements being made from various places are general ones at this moment in time. We're watching the language of diplomacy when war is likely..and back room dealing has been abandoned. I hope someone stops talking long enough to listen and perhaps head this off before it's too late.

new topics

top topics

<< 1   >>

join