It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Russia not ruling out use of Nuclear Weapons

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 28 2011 @ 09:02 PM
link   

Russian General Nikolai Makarov said NATO’s eastward expansion meant the risk of Russia being dragged into conflicts had ‘risen sharply’. General Makarov is the Chief of the General Staff of the Armed Forces of Russia , the highest military post of the Russian armed forces.

With Russia seeing the Eastward expansion of NATO as a threat, the General had this to say:

‘The possibility of local armed conflicts along nearly the whole border has increased dramatically. In certain conditions, I do not rule out local and regional armed conflicts developing into a large-scale war, including using nuclear weapons.’

So, hopefully, nothing serious arises from this eastward expansion, but if it does, it will probably become a #storm between NATO and Russia. This could get interesting. What does ATS think?

SOURCE: www.zimbabwemetro.com...

posted on Nov, 28 2011 @ 09:05 PM
link   
Dang, why don't we just send representatives to box each other like in Rocky V. Things would be so much better that way...

posted on Nov, 28 2011 @ 09:08 PM
link   
reply to post by MegasAlexandros

Agreed, things are on the edge right now so to speak. All the world needs is one little nudge, and it could potentially fall into a world war, with China saying they will defend Iran regardless of WW3, and Russia potentially using Nukes, this world is getting ever more dnagerous.

posted on Nov, 28 2011 @ 09:13 PM
link   
reply to post by daaskapital

This is scary stuff. I really hope they do not fire up the corpse grinder that is world war yet again.

posted on Nov, 28 2011 @ 09:14 PM
link   
Wow. It just keeps coming fast and furious the last couple of days. I still believe, as I have posted elsewhere, that a Cold War is the goal and we are actually in the planning phase together. A cold war would benefit many powers in these economically challenged times. It is gaining ground fast though. Very fast. I cant' really tell if the express lane approach is because the Euro is about to fall so the new way of things has to be put into place quickly to prevent world wide economic collapse, or if, the unthinkable, everybody is actually serious. Freaky to be sure and things are clearly going to be changing from the let's all hold hands globalism that has been promoted for the past couple of decades.

posted on Nov, 28 2011 @ 09:19 PM
link   
That's a "news" from november 18. Did run a search and all that came up were even very unheard off online news or bulletin boards.

posted on Nov, 28 2011 @ 09:21 PM
link   
reply to post by Telos

Well, yeah it may be a bit old, however, it is still significant considering it is a quote from the Russian General of the armed forces
ETA:
other sources corresponding with the source i found:
www.dailymail.co.uk...

www.google.com...

www.ology.com...
edit on 28-11-2011 by daaskapital because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 28 2011 @ 09:23 PM
link   
Just make all this war talk go away!!!

i hate hearing this escalation stories. fffs enough with the bombs , wmds , and destruction.

Fed up , tired , its wrong on many differnt levels. Just f off and let the world live peacefully

posted on Nov, 28 2011 @ 09:25 PM
link   
reply to post by yourboycal2

For some reason these leaders of countries (and their forces) are hell bent on war, whether it be cold or hot.

posted on Nov, 28 2011 @ 09:47 PM
link   
Maybe they will reconsider after its too late. The US/NATO alliance IS THE WORLDS MILLITARY! Russia wants NO part of that trust me. They are really just afraid of losing syria as a trading partner. They have too much at stake there. Im sure this is "tough talk" imo.

posted on Nov, 28 2011 @ 09:50 PM
link   
Exactly how reliable is the sorce I had to laugh sorry:SOURCE: www.zimbabwemetro.com...I get all my front page news from the "zimbabwe metro"
No offense to the op just couldnt resist
edit on 28-11-2011 by AllUrChips because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 29 2011 @ 12:44 AM
link   
It would be nice to see Russia use small tactical nuclear weapons to drive out the USA out of the middle east.

posted on Nov, 29 2011 @ 01:07 AM
link   
reply to post by THE_PROFESSIONAL

Ohhh boy are you going to get flamed for that one.

FYI, most people I know feel the same way.
but are too afraid to say it.

If you hear a knock on your door don't worry, it's just the S.S.
edit on 29-11-2011 by Screwed because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 29 2011 @ 01:19 AM
link   
reply to post by Screwed

LOL, there are so many things people say on here this is just a small thing really. What I am saying is that if small nukes were used in and around US installations to cut off supply and basically threaten NATO forces performing terrorist acts, maybe the world would be saved. I mean it might take nukes to end the world of the NWO and/or WW3

posted on Nov, 29 2011 @ 06:25 AM
link   

Russia activates missile early warning radar system

Russia has turned on a new incoming missile early warning system in its westernmost region in response to US plans for a missile shield in Europe.

In a statement carried by Russian news agencies, Mr Medvedev said: "I expect that this step will be seen by our partners as the first signal of the readiness of our country to make an adequate response to the threats which the missile shield poses for our strategic nuclear forces."

www.bbc.co.uk...

The old and long forgotten cold war is certainly heating up again. Nothing like a recession to shake people up.

Russians consider a shield to protect people to be a threat. Great stuff.

Anyway, its going to be so much fun when this thing malfunctions and is activated accidently. You just know its going to happen.

posted on Nov, 29 2011 @ 06:28 AM
link   
Russia will only use nukes if they get attacked by NATO.

They changed their nuclear doctrine a few years back saying that they can use nuclear weapons to fight ``high tech weaponry`` (aka F-22s, cruise missiles, drones, that kind of stuff) to even the odds since they know their conventional military sucks...

It's not for nothing Russia deployed nukes during the South Ossetia war... in case America came in...

Don't attack Russia and there won't be nukes used. Pretty simple.
edit on 29-11-2011 by Vitchilo because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 29 2011 @ 06:49 AM
link   
im sick of this ... the elite want to depopulate, the hierachy of the u.s and nato are in bed with the russians

the enemy is the majority of humanity that means all of us no matter who we are they just think theres too many humans and they want to control the situation and keep their power afterwards.. the best way is a limited nuclear war followed by biological agents blamed on terrorism the survivors will look to the government for help and not realise it was them that caused it hey presto 6.5 billion ppl reduced to less than 500 million .

do you guys see this or are you going to wait till you catch a strain of avian flu ?

posted on Nov, 29 2011 @ 06:53 AM
link   
reply to post by akapapasmurf

Will they do anything about it? There's plenty of people who say they see it. They see this unbelievable monstrosity in the distance, getting ever closer, and pretend it's an Ice Cream Van.

posted on Nov, 29 2011 @ 07:02 AM
link   
reply to post by thejlxc

not enough ppl see it or occupy would have a different agenda

posted on Nov, 29 2011 @ 07:07 AM
link   

Originally posted by daaskapital
So, hopefully, nothing serious arises from this eastward expansion, but if it does, it will probably become a #storm between NATO and Russia. This could get interesting. What does ATS think?

The expansion of NATO has happened. It happened some time ago.

Russians are still bitter and twisted that as soon as some countries who had suffered under Soviet (read Russian) tyranny were released they ran into the arms of the West.

The East and the West have always had a border. That border moved eastward. It does not automatically mean that the threat of nuclear war increased, it just meant Russian influence has declined.

The only place NATO could further expand would be into Belarus and the Ukraine. The authoritarian Belarus is already shackled into the Russian-led Collective Security Treaty Organisation and the Ukraine seems to play the West and Russia off against each other, although there seem to be closer ties developing between the EU and NATO. Russian loss of direct influence in the Ukraine would certainly cause Russians to be narked off as this would further demonstrate the erosion of their place in the world.

That’s what all what this is about - Russia’s loss of influence. What can Russia offer? Not much apart from a gas pipeline and the remembrance of a history of brutality and repression under the jackboot of the Soviet Union. No wonder most nations have shaken off the shackles of Russian influence.

Regards

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join