It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Pakistan PM: No more "business as usual" with U.S.

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 29 2011 @ 03:28 AM
link   
reply to post by tarifa37

The difference is that it's not ment to be taken as a racial slur.

More of an abbreviation.

We are still a bit behind on the political correctness though

But we are slowly improving....sort of

posted on Nov, 29 2011 @ 03:45 AM
link   
reply to post by weirdguy

reply to post by tarifa37

I think it's more a regional thing. I'm in the UK and well aware of how the term Paki is very offensive over here, however a friend I have who is Pakistani and from Pakistan doesn't see it as offensive and has even used the username "Paki Dude" on internet sites, as far as I can tell, it's a UK thing, the word itself is descriptional basically meaning of or from Pakistan but the context it's been used over the years over here has made it a highly racist derogatory term in The UK.

posted on Nov, 29 2011 @ 03:55 AM
link   
Well good for Pakistan.

They just have to let that supply route close forever and NATO will have to leave Afghanistan real soon.

posted on Nov, 29 2011 @ 03:56 AM
link   

Originally posted by munkey66
looks like the US is runnng out of freinds
Russia are now putting the ultimatum to lose the missile sheild or not be allowed to go through Russia to supply the troops

Could you please link the news source for us mate?

This sounds like an interesting development

posted on Nov, 29 2011 @ 04:30 AM
link   
Ok I found the story about Russia

MOSCOW—Russia said it may not let NATO use its territory to supply troops in Afghanistan if the alliance doesn’t seriously consider its objections to a U.S.-led missile shield for Europe, Russia’s ambassador to NATO said Monday.

Russia has stepped up its objections to the antimissile system in Europe, threatening last week to deploy its own ballistic missiles on the border of the European Union to counter the move. The North Atlantic Treaty Organization says the shield is meant to thwart an attack from a rogue state such as Iran, that it poses no threat to Russia, and that the alliance will go ahead with the plan despite Moscow’s objections.

News Link

posted on Nov, 29 2011 @ 04:47 AM
link   

MOSCOW—Russia said it may not let NATO use its territory to supply troops in Afghanistan if the alliance doesn’t seriously consider its objections to a U.S.-led missile shield for Europe, Russia’s ambassador to NATO said Monday.

Neat. That and Pakistan = no supply route for Afghanistan.

That would make Americans happy, Pakistani happy, Afghans happy... the only ones pissed would be the warmongers and the defense contractors. Boohoo.

posted on Nov, 29 2011 @ 05:19 AM
link   
reply to post by Vitchilo

I think it would make alot of normal people in the west happy
if our troops came home tomorrow.

It is a shame our politicians are not normal.
The Australian prime minister has recently said the Australian special forces
will stay on past 2014.

I post on alot on these type of threads, but I take it hypothetically
If any of it ever came true as in "the big one" or ww3 if you like,
I would # my pants for sure, if I had time too

posted on Nov, 29 2011 @ 05:21 AM
link   

Nobody will nuke Australia. China might try to invade it later in the future... but nuking it? Doubt it very much. Australia is pretty safe from any WW3 scenario.

And about Pakistan supplying NATO troops... every trucker passing through Pakistan has to pay fees and bribes to go through... which end up funding the Talibans...

So yeah.
edit on 29-11-2011 by Vitchilo because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 29 2011 @ 05:55 AM
link   
There have been talks about China and Pakistan having truce and underground meetings as alliance. Pakistan is supposed to have a dedicated airfield meant only for Chinese military testing and weapon development. Much of the Chinese goods are dumped through Dubai port via Pakistan. It is said their alliance has been for almost ages, but it was always kept in closed doors.

posted on Nov, 29 2011 @ 06:58 AM
link   
A Modest Proposal: I think the world should, en masse, nuke Pakistan. Not immediately, but basically, give them an ultimatum to open up and become a liberal democracy... or get nuked.

It worked with Japan (in the Captain Cook sense, and in the Hiroshima sense).

It's not nice, but... we're already pretty much indiscriminately killing women and kids with drones over there...

posted on Nov, 29 2011 @ 10:20 AM
link   
He is just bluffing. Cut them another check and lets get on with our lives shall we? I meant that last remark in jest. However, this leaves NATO in a predicament now doesn't it? Majority of the supplies headed for Afghanistan travels through Pakistan from ammo to rations. I am unsure what other land route they could utilize to re-supply the forces in Afghanistan? Afghanistan is a land locked country.

They would have to transport the supplies by air and that would prove quite costly in terms of fuel and the potential for attacks by shoulder-fired missiles. Oh wait, what happened to the thousands of Russian made shoulder-fired missiles that vanished during the Libyan conflict? My guess is quite a few of them have trickled into Pakistan and Afghanistan. Then, NATO would have to ask permission to use other country's airspace. It looks like the combat mission in Afghanistan is hanging on by a slender thread? Someone once said that "logistics is what wins wars?" This could be the stalemate everyone has been fearing about Afghanistan? Not a good time for the soldiers on ground, because they have been virtually cut-off. This puts the NATO mission in great peril.

edit on 29-11-2011 by Jakes51 because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 30 2011 @ 01:10 AM
link   
reply to post by munkey66

When was Russia a friend? They were a keep your enemies closer kind of relationship.

posted on Nov, 30 2011 @ 01:11 AM
link   

And the US just needs to close the money supply route and it will open back up real fast.

posted on Nov, 30 2011 @ 01:13 AM
link   

The only thing stopping China from achieving it's goals of supremacy in the region is the US military might. China can not invade anyone not on the mainland due to US naval supremacy. We should all hope that supremacy continues for as long as possible.

posted on Nov, 30 2011 @ 01:17 AM
link   
reply to post by adriellemartin

By the way recent terrorist attacks in China have been linked back to training received in Pakistan. The US is not the only one Pakistan plays both sides against.

new topics

top topics

<< 1   >>

join