It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

U.S. Declares Cold War With China

page: 8
<< 5  6  7   >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 30 2011 @ 06:35 AM
link   
reply to post by predator0187

A slightly different view if you will. The last Cold War made the United States strong and gave it a sense of urgency. It put us at the top of our game. We have fallen a great way in ways which don't need my explanation.

posted on Nov, 30 2011 @ 06:36 AM
link   
This topic is indeed interesting.

My opinion is that China has indeed been quite assertive in the past few years when it comes to their territorial claims. Take for example the Spartly Islands incident. Pls Google it, I will not elaborate much. It is understandable that China wants the islands because it has many vital raw materials such as natural gas reserves, etc. This would be essential to fuel China's growing markets.

On the other hand, the US has also played a major role to escalating the conflict. When the Asian nations disagree with Chine, they complain to the US. US, being everyone's 'Big Bro' would decide to intervene, of course, if only the US had an advantage or 'cut of the profit' so as to speak.

China has a HUGE military. They should not be underestimated. However, the US too has a very technological advance military. I am not sure if either one of the is superior, but one thing is for sure. If a war were to escalate, it would not be confined to ONLY China and the US. The possibility that the whole world would be dragged into it wound be very high.

Personally, I feel that this 'Cold War' is somewhat uncalled for. I would prefer the US to engage China in a more amicable way rather than open hostility. This 'Cold War' is not about ideological belief, but rather political and economic. If it were to be economic, my opinion is that the US is eyeing South East Asia to be the new economic base. Take for example the developed nations such as Singapore and other developing nations such as Malaysia and Indonesia.Moreover, SEA has a huge population... One of the key factors for economic activities.

My hope is that whatever the outcome is, it will be a peaceful and bloodless one... Until then, the world would be living in the fear of a possible WW3.

God bless.

posted on Nov, 30 2011 @ 08:21 AM
link   

Originally posted by Kovenov
I take it this represents a more pronounced step toward war hysteria? If nothing else it is probably calculated brinkmanship that lays further groundwork for increased tension with China, reminiscent of that which occurred between the U.S. and Japan prior to WWII. I mean beam me up already: "the U.S. is a Pacific nation." (????)

Here is what Admiral (Retired) Ackbar had to say about that onerous line:

Commentary on an issue that is perhaps less than obvious: The RMB fixed rate (i.e. pegged rate) is a talking point commensurate with the energy one must expend to argue in favor of ignorance. At least from my point of view it is a mischievous tool employed for political expediency; moreover, its juxtaposition into Kissinger-like realist (sidenote: the realists do make valid points that should not be outright neglected) foreign policy is being used as leverage to induce domestic and international approval. I mean if a political body can mitigate domestic frustration by deflecting a portion of its failed domestic policy to a pegged RMB, why not? But that sort of rhetoric is not exclusive to one party, but representative of a bipartisan beatitude that is useful for some, but not all, politicians.

research.stlouisfed.org...
www.washingtonpost.com...
www.uschina.org...
www.nytimes.com...
www.uschina.org...

I couldnt have said it that well but I agree.A whole lot of devisive bs.
And oh my god that was funny.An Admiral Ackbar refrence
We definitley have enemy ships in sector 47.

posted on Nov, 30 2011 @ 11:27 AM
link   
You would need something BIG
to get the america people to look away from the OWS
and the $7 trill that the FED used to bail out the banks.

I know lets go to WAR with China !
all that killing should give them some thing to think about.
and we can makes some money,
so what if its off the bodies of americans!

god I hate america...
do you know that Last free thing america did was fight a civile war.
maybe you should do it again!
edit on 30-11-2011 by buddha because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 30 2011 @ 12:28 PM
link   
The Russian-US Cold War consisted of our fighter pilots giving the bird to Russian fighter pilots.

China and the US's War has been more serious. Did Russia ever put a submarine 30 miles off California's Coast and launch a ballistic missile in a show of force?

I think China did. There are news stories we've been zapping lasers at each others space assets.

The story where China shot down "their own" satellite...and the US responded by shooting down "our own" satellite.....maybe China shot down ours and we retaliated by shooting down one of theirs?

Sounds more plausible doesn't it?

The US Air Force gave a contract to a company in January to put space tethered satellites into orbit to get rid of radiation......after China/Russia nukes our satellites. To get rid of the highly charged particles/radiation from Chinese nukes setoff in space they are going to dump the energy into Earth's atmosphere.....holy hell will that do something interesting.

Either China was lucky in 2011....or they mastered HAARP weather modification. No Pacific Typhoons hit mainland China this year to hurt their economy. A couple hit the lower populated Hainan area...that was it.

The US just tripled its transmitting power in the Pacific.....maybe 2012 some storms can be created steered to China.

2012 will be a year of War....with weapons most of the world know nothing about.

posted on Nov, 30 2011 @ 02:45 PM
link   

Originally posted by Section31

Originally posted by xlb40
See, Chinas "growth" is based purely on how many empty buildings China can build. We know them as "Ghost Cities", where 90% of these cities are virtually empty. Right now, China is ripe with bad investment growth schemes aimed at keeping production high. According to Jim Chanos, 60% of Chinas GDP today is based on fixed investments. This is MASSIVE and has often been labeled as "Dubaix1000!".

Holy Crap! I forgot about this...

Link: The Ghost Towns of China
MailOnline - Dated: 12/18/2010

Elaborate public buildings and open spaces are completely unused, with the exception of a few government vehicles near communist authority offices.

Some estimates put the number of empty homes at as many as 64 million, with up to 20 new cities being built every year in the country's vast swathes of free land.

It was filled with office towers, administrative centres, museums, theatres and sports facilities as well as thousands of homes, but remains virtually deserted.

How the hell are they able to fake this one?

The same way the Japanese were able to fake it for so long. It eventually results in a correction of sorts. By further prolonging this correction from happening, China makes it worse. And due to the Euro crisis (and it will get worse for the EU) Exports are flat lining again, just as they did in 2008. (the EU represents Chinas largest trading partner) So what has China done as a result of this? China has taken to more stimulus and lax bank loan schemes to continue the artificial growth scheme. Remember that China is incredibly unstable, if growth is not maintained by at least 7-8%, the Chinese people will riot and call for an end to the communist government. This is the communists parties biggest fear. So long as growth is maintained, people will remain "content". However, once the construction stops from all the fixed investment, the growth in China goes south quick.

See, it is my argument, and many other like minded individuals like Jim Chanos, and Nouriel Roubini who believe China is bound for a hard economic landing, and its already started. We argue that the fixed investment is the growth in China. And that the IMF estimates of government debt in China are WAY WAY off. Chinas debt is not 20% of GDP, but at the very least 100%-200% of GDP, once local government debt is factored in. China just does a much better job of hiding its debt than western countries. So don't be surprised if after the EU crisis, eyes are turned over to the emerging bubble economy that is China. The middle kingdom appears to be mortal afterall.

Chinas debt woes worse than Portugals.
edit on 30-11-2011 by xlb40 because: (no reason given)

new topics

top topics

<< 5  6  7   >>

join