It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

U.S. Declares Cold War With China

page: 5
<< 2  3  4    6  7  8 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 29 2011 @ 04:35 PM
link   
I always wondered why America hasn't bullied,coerced and "TAKEN" Mexico,Canada,South America,Cuba,etc.....

Because its in "our" sphere of influence.

posted on Nov, 29 2011 @ 04:35 PM
link   
Lets face it, the Chinese have been gearing up for a Cold War with the US for quite some time. It is blatantly obvious. If you ask me, the US is late to the party. They have gradually increased defense budgets, ratcheted up their aggressive rhetoric over regional issues and even some global ones, made alliances in the region and around the globe, and have been toying with the global economy. Hopefully, the US is taking this as serious as China? Their primary objective is to get the US out of the Pacific.

They will resort to any means necessary whether through cyber warfare, economic, or militarily. They like to parade around the globe as the benevolent communists who have caught the capitalist bug, but deep down their whole agenda is dominance. As the US has been pouring money down the rabbit hole hunting terrorists in the far flung backwaters of the world, China has steadily moved to increase its influence, fine tune its economy, and retrofit its military for the eventuality of conflict with the US or a regional neighbor.

Hopefully this Cold War remains as the old one, but that remains to be seen? However, the US is not going to leave the Pacific without a fight when push comes to shove. A major shipping lane goes right through China's so-called sphere of influence. Shouldn't other nations have equitable access to that and the resources in the region? We shall see how this shakes out, but the US has a lot of catching up to do. China is operating on all cylinders and have shown themselves to be a formidable foe if that designation should present itself in the future?

posted on Nov, 29 2011 @ 04:36 PM
link   
reply to post by predator0187

I am getting bored with all this war and warmongering, it is making the world a sick place. Why dont they have a warm war instead. Where they send each other Valentines presents and stockpile big boxes of chocolates..

posted on Nov, 29 2011 @ 04:37 PM
link   
The United States is already in the South Pacific, and has been for over 50 years.

Guam
American Samoa

Guam is the one I think that most closely fits into the discussion, however.

posted on Nov, 29 2011 @ 04:38 PM
link   

Originally posted by KingAtlas
They could easily continue on without American exports. India is right next door.

Yeah...

China has India Surrounded.

I guess that's one way to create I mean force a captive market..

China surrounds India with satellite states

posted on Nov, 29 2011 @ 04:45 PM
link   

Originally posted by sonnny1
I always wondered why America hasn't bullied,coerced and "TAKEN" Mexico,Canada,South America,Cuba,etc.....

You mean this whole time Chavez and Venezuelan oil has been ripe for the pickings too?

posted on Nov, 29 2011 @ 04:48 PM
link   

Originally posted by SLAYER69

Originally posted by sonnny1

You mean this whole time Chavez and Venezuelan oil has been ripe for the pickings too?

Mexico,and its unstable Government,and Cubas declining Communist leadership...........................

Canada cant even control its waterfalls!!!!!!

Its ripe for the taking !

posted on Nov, 29 2011 @ 04:50 PM
link   
reply to post by sonnny1

USA CONSTANTLY does what you say it dont. This region was coerced and explored by americans since the end of the WW2.

Ever heard of "the politics of the carrot and the stick"? It was a policy designed by the americans to force SA to cooperate with the USA, it consisted in not getting in the way of the country that did what USA wanted to and punish who didnt.

Not to talk about the military dictatorships that your governament sponsored in here. Chile, Brazil, Argetina... all of that was because of US influence. They received capital from US during decades to combat "the commie scum" in here, and in the process killed thousands and tortured innocent civilians.

www.tomveatch.com...

Also, a fast search on the google with this term "USA sponsored dictatorships" would help to clear your mind about your country recent past on this region
edit on 29-11-2011 by Esblebous because: add link

posted on Nov, 29 2011 @ 04:53 PM
link   
I personally don't give a damn anymore. The world started it's descent into the bowels of insanity a long time ago so at this point, you're pointing out spots on a leopard's fur... no one gives a damn because it's obvious that no one is in control.

I look forward to seeing a new cold war filled with espionage, countries triple-crossing eachother and a possible big bang all because someone was too trigger happy to wait for an explanation. But in the meantime, I'll just be here in my little town struggling to meet ends like every other American.

P.S.

This feels like Metal Gear Solid 4 is coming to fruition in real life. Pass me the nano-machines and call me... Sloppy Snake

posted on Nov, 29 2011 @ 04:57 PM
link   
reply to post by Esblebous

The last I've checked those countries have voted against the US numerous times over the past few decades but since we are going to go down memory lane and discuss China as well influencing their neighbors...

Just like how China has provided aid and support to North Korea

posted on Nov, 29 2011 @ 04:58 PM
link   
No Cold War, no nuclear weapons used. This is another fear mongering thread.

mmmmkay

posted on Nov, 29 2011 @ 05:04 PM
link   
I hope so, tired of the fearmongering as others have stated - lets get this show on the road and fulfill the 2012 prophecies then start up WW4 with sticks and stones

posted on Nov, 29 2011 @ 05:04 PM
link   
reply to post by SLAYER69

Im not talking about "memory lane", im talking about people who dont have any knowllege on a subject saying that the USA didnt crap on this region. THEY DID AND NOW WANT TO BE VIEWED HAS SAINTS!

SA didnt forget and dont matter how China is coward or cruel, it dont chage the fact that the US do exactly the same that China does. It may be with different names such has embargos and pre-emptive strikes, but its the exact same thing.

So dont give me the best option crap, the both options are bad.

posted on Nov, 29 2011 @ 05:10 PM
link   
reply to post by predator0187

See? Obama has backbone. I heard a lot of comments in the past about how he was willing to bend over backwards for China. I remember the Clinton administration aided China a lot in the past, even by giving them top-secret military plans.

posted on Nov, 29 2011 @ 05:21 PM
link   
reply to [url=http://www.abovetopsecret.com/forum/thread780632/pg5#pid12908289]

Be careful not to say anything bad about America because you might end up in Guantanamo Bay

edit on 29-11-2011 by Sharkie because: wrong recipient

posted on Nov, 29 2011 @ 05:24 PM
link   
reply to post by Jspencer98

We've literally been at war for more than 10 years now. Does this really surprise you that much?

posted on Nov, 29 2011 @ 05:28 PM
link   
reply to post by sonnny1

lol bro, what u smokin?

posted on Nov, 29 2011 @ 05:39 PM
link   
The US would not start trouble with China, not yet anyway. The 2 economies are too intertwined with each other, if there were too be a trade embargo between the 2 nations, both economies would collapse. Its all about gaining diplomatic prestige points over one another, its a stupid game politicians love to play.

posted on Nov, 29 2011 @ 06:01 PM
link   
Some of you have made some very interesting points in your replies, and I would like to respond to some of the important ones. First, I have always wrestled with the idea of nuclear war, and whether any country would be stupid enough to start one, knowing what the response would be.

But, as someone pointed out, when your back is against the wall, EVERYTHING is on the table. Look at WWII, when, as an example, Churchill had a plan to use biological warfare against the Germans, which many people still don't know. Other countries have done similar things "just in case" there was no other way.

As for this being election propaganda, I think that is very plausible, although there IS tension in the region we speak of, and elsewhere. Beezer said Obama was attempting to appear strong, and from where I sit this is an important image for him to convey, with the upcoming election and all of the allegations that will be made. So this is more than plausible.

Now I would like to address the possibility that an actual cold war is breaking out as we speak. IF this is the case, or rather when this is the case, we must see trade broken off between the nations. If trade continues it will be extremely hard for anyone to take the claim of being at "cold" war very seriously.

So if that happens, I will be looking at the situation under a microscope. I believe one of the next things we will see could possibly involve Taiwan, or a country around the region of China. There are a few different options for China as far as sending a message goes, but most of them walk a thin line regarding actually starting a war.

The last important aspect that seems very plausible to me is the US not wanting to pay their debts to China. From what I understand, this could do wonders for the US balance sheet. So much debt simply disappears. If this is what the Obama administration is planning, does China know it already? Things should escalate soon if this is indeed what is happening, because China will not sit idly by while the US robs them blind in this manner.

We should also consider whether or not it is possible the Obama administration wants to start a war to boost the economy, as well as, more importantly, get Obama re-elected. His chances and current approval rating would either drastically increase, or dramatically plunge, depending on how the US public perceives this decision.

Many will likely, judging from history, buy the spin put on it in the media and by what comes out of the White House, but more people are on to the government's game than were throughout American history. I suppose we will see, but I believe these are probably the most important questions and issues we should be looking at. Sorry if I overlooked something, which I tend to always do under these circumstances.
edit on 11/29/11 by JiggyPotamus because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 29 2011 @ 06:20 PM
link   
1) The US has devalued the dollar deliberately in a reckless way in the last decade to now.

2) The US will not make the necessary cuts to bring the dollar back into a stable trading range.

3) The Chinese have deliberately suppressed their own currency on the US behalf to allow increased trade.

4) The Chinese have used money to build a self sufficient economic infrastructure.

5) A majority of US corporations have a manufacturing base in China; with a coup these can be seized by the state.

6) The economic cuts necessary to save the dollar will cause a serious threat to US continuity of government risking civil war. Devaluing the dollar further will cause China to dump the US dollar.

7) Knowing the above: The Chinese have issued an ultimatum, give up your hegemony and allow our currency to become the safe haven asset of choice, or risk world war III. I do believe a Dragon backed into a corner is pretty dangerous indeed.
edit on 29-11-2011 by eywadevotee because: (no reason given)

new topics

top topics

<< 2  3  4    6  7  8 >>

join