It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

U.S. Declares Cold War With China

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 29 2011 @ 04:52 AM
link   
This is insane.

I remember a few years back, telling all my freinds all the things that could Trigger WW3. Now that list has x10 and is increasing by the day.

The world seams Hellbent on war to restore the economy, sad sad, yet interseting times we live in. I only hope that as the SHTF people wake up and take action before its to late, it will be a small window, for people to realize whats going on and take action before we pass the Point of No Return.

But whatever happens is what needs to happen, Be smart and Be safe

posted on Nov, 29 2011 @ 05:01 AM
link   
i am not sure what for but this is a smoke screen of some kind. Cold war with China LOL! we are theire largest trading partner if we are in a cold war then why are we still trading with them? Government will never cut off that crap because they are somehow getting a cut...

We live in the twilight zone no matter what we do the world just continues to spiral out of control due to greedy and corrupt leadership in every county on the planet. We are in hell...

posted on Nov, 29 2011 @ 05:41 AM
link   
reply to post by hawkiye

A few have said this one already in different ways, but the way you phrased it the first thought that jumped to mind, 'I wonder, does China still occupy our Most Favored Nation trading partner?'....I just started to laugh, because years ago when they were first awarded that, I was laughing then too.....We have a cold war that nearly brought the world to it's knees with one communist country, and then turn around and award another communist country most favored trade status......I couldn't then nor can I now wrap my head around the hypocrisy of that one.

edit-The last 30 years I have been old enough to understand politics have seemed like watching a board game in which the players are making up the rules as they go and none of the players are telling the other players what rules they happen to be playing by on this round of the game.
edit on 29-11-2011 by pointr97 because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 29 2011 @ 08:59 AM
link   
reply to post by SLAYER69

reply to post by seabag

The US bashing will never cease.
People will always paint the US as the Evil Doers in the world.

Oh well.

posted on Nov, 29 2011 @ 09:27 AM
link   
reply to post by predator0187

lol wtf is the US doing trying to exert dominance over the South China Sea.. If I was China I would tell them were to go...

posted on Nov, 29 2011 @ 09:35 AM
link   

Originally posted by aaronez
The behemoth that is the US Dept of Defense is slowing turning it's armory on China. The minders get the President to draw the line in the sand and I would think this would make the Chinese generals in Beijing a lot nervous. Publicly they are all rant and bluster but when the Elephant starts moving, everyone sits up and takes notice. It took the US Dept of Defense 10 yrs from drawing the line in the sand with Saddam Hussein until he was swinging by a rope. The Chinese generals would have long memories of this. And you want to talk about war? Just look at the stats on total weapons in both frequency and effectiveness. Northrop and Raytheon isn't making billions yearly but producing weapons that don't work. No contest...

When its nukes against nukes, conventional weapon contest doesn't really make a difference.
edit on 29-11-2011 by nagabonar because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 29 2011 @ 09:49 AM
link   

Originally posted by purplemer

lol wtf is the US doing trying to exert dominance over the South China Sea.. If I was China I would tell them were to go...

Rhetoric....

The US is not trying to assert dominance. Just trying to keep the playing field level and support our allies in the region from China steam rolling them into oblivion. Funny this, the US and Vietnam have found themselves as allies on this one...

Notice anything disproportionately out of whack?

Or maybe contrary to your posting history you actually like the idea of the local Bully crushing the little guys?

posted on Nov, 29 2011 @ 10:28 AM
link   

Originally posted by nagabonar
Originally posted by aaronez

When its nukes against nukes, conventional weapon contest doesn't really make a difference.

I disagree, when it's nukes in the background, proxy wars involving manouvers through allies have appeared, and conventional warfare often becomes underground black ops. The role can tactically change face with conventional warfare, giving the impression of diminishing, but it doesn't rule it out because heavy-duty backup exists in the form of nukes. Everything happens regionally, someplace or another, and the contest becomes subdivided, patroned through proxy interests, supressed and driven underground, however garnished by concerns as it may be, but ambitions are still and often played out conventionally, wouldn't you say?

...proxy wars were common in the Cold War, when a direct armed conflict between the United States and the Soviet Union could have destroyed the world.

Combatants' Interests

The people doing the actual fighting in a proxy war are not in it specifically to pursue the patron's goals. They have their own reasons for fighting -- but those reasons dovetail with the patron's strategy.

www.ehow.com...

I geuss I'll put a spelling mistake in this thread too.

edit on 29-11-2011 by Northwarden because: removed a quote tag

posted on Nov, 29 2011 @ 10:36 AM
link   
reply to post by SLAYER69

Looking at the map I can see why you think it should be shared out a bit more equally...

posted on Nov, 29 2011 @ 10:49 AM
link   

Originally posted by NadaCambia
That won't happen. These Americans always talk the "we should remove ourselves from the global stage and let you all fail" talk, but none of them want to do it.

[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/60aade9215fb.gif[/atsimg]

They love interfering and being war mongers. Any claims of retreat from the global arena is just posturing based on ideals of self-importance.

Nice try but...

I'd love to see the US remove itself from the UN and NATO. It would save us a BUTT load of money that we presently can no longer afford.

posted on Nov, 29 2011 @ 11:01 AM
link   

Originally posted by purplemer

Should we do the same with Chinese interest in the Gulf?

posted on Nov, 29 2011 @ 11:04 AM
link   
reply to post by NadaCambia

Yawn! you America bashers talk all the same smack but the shoe has been on the other foot plenty of times. When Germany was doing its world conquering America wasn't crying about it. We bitched about it when England was doing it for causes well documented.

France had fun, Germany had fun, Russia had fun. Now the US is having fun relax you'll be able to play with the globe again soon. It never stays with one country for too long. Stop crying this is some of the nicest bullying you've ever experienced.

Did you enjoy Germany's bully tactics? How about France? Japan's? Italy's? Go learn history. America's policing is a cake walk compared to dynasty's past. You think China has a grand plan for the globe, yeah good luck.

posted on Nov, 29 2011 @ 11:41 AM
link   
"Shall we play a game ?"

"Love to. How about Global Thermonuclear War?"

posted on Nov, 29 2011 @ 11:45 AM
link   

Originally posted by Jspencer98

So we are literary at war?

I love the irony of this post! To misspell the word litterally with the word literary,,, Quality stuff!

But to answer the question I think you're asking, no.

posted on Nov, 29 2011 @ 11:59 AM
link   

i don't believe you

posted on Nov, 29 2011 @ 03:08 PM
link   
It might be fun for 'some' people to joke and laugh about nuclear war, but when it happens nobody will be laughing. it would be much better if we used that energy in preventing such wars, but then again......governments make all the BIG descisions and we just work for them dont we.

posted on Nov, 29 2011 @ 03:08 PM
link   
If people think it's bad now, just wait until all those polar ice caps finish melting and watch the hunt for resources and warring over them there. That battle is already in progress. Just another resource war. One of many in current deployment. Posturing will eventually lead to some sort of catastrophe.

posted on Nov, 29 2011 @ 03:14 PM
link   
The only war is China buying bits and bits of the West until they own all of it.

posted on Nov, 29 2011 @ 03:32 PM
link   
Lol at all crying for being blamed. When people say America or Americans they mean corporations with interest for the weak. No one is blaming you as individual only your masters you let run your country. America is the most corrupt and now it will show the world how corrupt it was in the last 50 years by showing the debt and printing needed to support the debt... No one asked for any help EVER, those are propaganda you watch on Fox and CNN.

Dont be a sheep... go blow up a bank that destroyed many peoples life including yours in the near future, instead of crying.

posted on Nov, 29 2011 @ 03:33 PM
link   

Originally posted by beezzer
Am I the only one that sees this as election year fluff?

Obama is saying these things so he can appear as "strong" and "decisive" and it'll look good in a commercial.

Empty words and empty rhetoric from a president who'd wee in his Birkenstocks if China actually did anything aggressive.

You're making too much of presidential power. Our military defends our nations interest with or without the random guy in office every few years.

You sound like you've been fooled into believing America is run by 1 guy.

It's ran by the corporate and military muscle that control it. Obama is just a puppet figurehead to placate international schmucks on forums like ATS, so they have a finger to point at while we're chopping off your legs.

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join