learn more

U.S. Declares Cold War With China

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join

posted on Nov, 28 2011 @ 09:47 PM
link   
reply to post by SLAYER69

Police state..as in, America "policing" the world.

Or are you gonna tell me that that's horse crap, & the U.S are not bullies who like to start wars, abuse their power & interfere in other country's interests?

posted on Nov, 28 2011 @ 09:56 PM
link   

Originally posted by SmoKeyHaZe

Then you obviously don't know the difference.
Nice try at making a pointless jab.

Or are you gonna tell me that that's horse crap, & the U.S are not bullies who like to start wars, abuse their power & interfere in other country's interests?

Yes and the UK is right there with us and all of NATO.
As A Matter of fact wasn't it the US who took the back seat while the UK, France, Canada and Italy among others went to town on Libya?

edit on 28-11-2011 by SLAYER69 because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 28 2011 @ 10:03 PM
link   
Ummmm why wouldnt the US be? They are a superpower? DUH.

Originally posted by jude11
It seems that wherever there is War or potential War, the US is either there on the sidelines or right in the middle. So who is responsible for all the increased conflicts in the World?

And Hillary has usually just left the region. It seems as if this vile woman is the harbinger of doom.

Coincidence?

I don't believe in such things when it comes to the US World domination agenda..

edit on 28-11-2011 by jude11 because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 28 2011 @ 10:05 PM
link   

Yeah yeah, I live in the UK, so I know it's a proper police state.

Talkin' of pointless jabs, you mention UK a good few times, yet this isn't about the UK, is it?

The thread title is the U.S declares cold war with China.

But I'm just comparing the U.S to being the police of the world..Which you can't really deny..You just side-stepped it with talk about UK & NATO.

Sorry if I didn't use the correct phrasing for "police state", but it IS late over here..

& anyway, America IS a police state...We might have more cameras watching than you, but at least UK doesn't have empty FEMA camps, waiting for people to be thrown in.
edit on 28-11-2011 by SmoKeyHaZe because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 28 2011 @ 10:07 PM
link   
Didn't obama receive the peace prize a ways back? And yet he has managed to alienate practically every nation and turned every possibility into failure at every turn.

.He is making more enemies than even genghis khan made!!

That must be worth some kind of prize all by itself..

Obama could have gone back and taken diplomacy 101 again instead of those extra, extra, extra rounds of golf......

posted on Nov, 28 2011 @ 10:13 PM
link   

Originally posted by jude11
It seems that wherever there is War or potential War, the US is either there on the sidelines or right in the middle. So who is responsible for all the increased conflicts in the World?

And Hillary has usually just left the region. It seems as if this vile woman is the harbinger of doom.

Coincidence?

I don't believe in such things when it comes to the US World domination agenda..

edit on 28-11-2011 by jude11 because: (no reason given)

I have to agree that I've come around to your way of thinking. I'm somewhat embarrassed to say that I used to be a Hillary supporter but my eyes have been permanently opened due to many of the things I've learned from posters on this site.

With that said, I agree that it's probably just a matter of time before nuclear chaos breaks out but when you think of all the global powder kegs that have been fully cocked and waiting to blow over the last year alone, I think we need to give credence to the fact that the world's governments are using incredible restraint. As much as I think it's inevitable, I also think the world leaders know that the nuclear option is one button that can't be "unpushed" once it's set in motion. Unfortunately, there are enough whackos out there who have their own agenda and don't care about the rest of humanity.

It is a very scary time in our world's history but I definitely agree with your comments about Hillary and have also noticed that chaos seems to follow on the heels of her departure. Either she's whipping up the frenzy or, at the very least, is doing nothing to instill calm into any of these volatile situations.

Timidgal

link   

Yeah yeah, I live in the UK, so I know it's a proper police state.

Hey good for you.

You know what they say about recovery..

But I'm just comparing the U.S to being the police of the world..Which you can't really deny..You just side-stepped it with talk abut UK & NATO.

Yet people all over the world love all that OIL flowing smoothly. As long as it flows and the price stays reasonable. Everything is fine. Don't ask how it was secured. Right?

You know we wouldn't be the only ones out there as "The world Police" if the EU and Asia got up off their asses more and gave us a little more help.

America IS a police state...We might have more cameras watching than you, but at least UK doesn't have empty FEMA camps, waiting for people to be thrown in.

Let me know when you can speak from personal experiences about living in the US and not from what you've watched on Youtube or read on conspiracy sites.
edit on 28-11-2011 by SLAYER69 because: (no reason given)

link   

Virtual HATE FEST on America in this thread.

Maybe America needs to step away from global"policing",and let these piss-ant Country's deal with their own problems.....But dont come calling when you need help..............

No more financial aid
No more Humanitarian aid.
No more Military aid.
No more anything from America.

Heres a list of Aid to Pakistan as an example.

60 years of wasting taxpayer money. Period.

• US economic assistance to Pakistan peaked in 1962, at over $2.3bn

• in 2010, military assistance to Pakistan totalled $2.5bn - including $1.2bn in coalition support funds

• US assistance to Pakistan reached its lowest level in the 1990s, after President George H.W. Bush suspended aid flows over Pakistan's emerging nuclear programme

• US military assistance dropped dramatically during and immediately after the Indo-Pakistani wars of 1965 and 1971

• in the 1970s, President Carter suspended all aid to Pakistan (except food aid) in response to Pakistan's decision to construct a uranium enrichment facility

• although US assistance (both economic and military) to Pakistan has fluctuated considerably over the last 60 years, it has risen steadily since 2001

Sixty years of US aid to Pakistan: Get the data

edit on 28-11-2011 by sonnny1 because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 28 2011 @ 10:16 PM
link   
reply to post by watcher3339

Watcher - I saw your post in the other thread and found the idea intriguing. You make all valid points but I still think that there will be a sacrifical lamb to remind the world exactly what is at stake here (or to scare the masses into submission)...

edit on 11/28/2011 by timidgal because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 28 2011 @ 10:22 PM
link   
reply to post by Zippidee

But that's just the point Watcher was making - it's all a sham. The original cold war was not a fallacy and events like the Bay of Pigs presented monumental dangers that we were lucky to escape (in my opinion) but the term has taken on a colloquial meaning that is, in reality, a fallacity and used to invoke panic and fear. The question is, exactly how far will TPTB go to make everyone believe it's not a fallacy and we're not actually in bed with some of our so called enemies?

posted on Nov, 28 2011 @ 10:26 PM
link   
reply to post by jcord

Perhaps but the "toys" of war have become decidely more sinister and annihilating...

posted on Nov, 28 2011 @ 10:36 PM
link   

to those statements but every circus has a ringmaster and by the sheer fact of being perceived (and resented) as the most powerful and politically influencial nation, we'll also always been seen as the ringleader.

There's no question that NATO's willingness to come out of the closet - so to speak - as increased exponentially and that should not be discounted. Point well made.

I personally have given up on trying to defend the US as the ultimate evil because it's like talking to a brick wall. Are there many rotten applies within our ranks? Yes (hence my comments and feeling about Hillary), but just as much putrescence exudes from other nations as well.

TG

edit on 11/28/2011 by timidgal because: Because my brain keeps freezing up tonight for some unknown reason.

posted on Nov, 28 2011 @ 11:01 PM
link   

Originally posted by timidgal

But that's just the point Watcher was making - it's all a sham. The original cold war was not a fallacy and events like the Bay of Pigs presented monumental dangers that we were lucky to escape (in my opinion) but the term has taken on a colloquial meaning that is, in reality, a fallacity and used to invoke panic and fear. The question is, exactly how far will TPTB go to make everyone believe it's not a fallacy and we're not actually in bed with some of our so called enemies?

Or maybe TPTB aren't really that powerful. Maybe NATO really is a group of nations looking out for their best interests. Maybe NATO is really trying to free people from oppression. Maybe the U.S. isn't evil? 

I find it hard to believe that communist China and Russia would submit to TPTB. Communists aren't known for submission.

Maybe it really is a battle between good and evil? Maybe the U.S. and it's allies really are a force for good?!?  

Nah!!!! That's too far fetched, right!!

posted on Nov, 28 2011 @ 11:59 PM
link   
So someone tell me how the "Cold War" is going to work the government borrows from them to pay for social programs and foreign aid and US citizen's keep buying their crap.

Don't see that cash cow ever ending we are the only ones keep the Chinese economy afloat without us they sink.

Meh so many "Boy who cried wolf"" threads on here

posted on Nov, 29 2011 @ 12:14 AM
link   
...Meanwhile, In China;

BEIJING — China's first aircraft carrier began its second sea trial on Tuesday after undergoing refurbishment and testing, the government said, amid heightened regional tensions over maritime territorial disputes.
The 300-metre (990-foot) ship, a refitted former Soviet carrier called the Varyag, underwent five days of trials in August that sparked international concern about China's widening naval reach.
"China's aircraft carrier platform, after successfully completing its first sea trial in August, returned to the shipyard as planned for further refitting and testing," the defence ministry said.
"The work has been carried out and it set sail again on November 29 to carry out relevant scientific and research experiments."

www.google.com...

posted on Nov, 29 2011 @ 12:35 AM
link   

Originally posted by seabag

Originally posted by timidgal

Or maybe TPTB aren't really that powerful. Maybe NATO really is a group of nations looking out for their best interests. Maybe NATO is really trying to free people from oppression. Maybe the U.S. isn't evil? 

I find it hard to believe that communist China and Russia would submit to TPTB. Communists aren't known for submission.

Maybe it really is a battle between good and evil? Maybe the U.S. and it's allies really are a force for good?!?  

Nah!!!! That's too far fetched, right!!

I'm going to share a story with you that goes under the heading "out of the mouths of babes...". It's related in theme but not the exact topic and has to do with the goodness or badness of the USA hierarchy.

I recently took my teenage daughter to see the movie The Ides of March and she couldn't understand why I was so upset after the movie. Now, I love her to death but she's a typical teenager who's not too concerned with anything beyond her social life and herself (even though she's been raised in a somewhat politically involved household). I told her that the movie upset me because I felt it was a blatant reminder of how messed up our political system has become and how it highlighted for me that there's really no one who isn't corruptable. She understood this concept as best she could (or wanted to).

The conversation then shifted to Obama and why my attitude towards him has changed in recent months since I was initially in favor of his Presidency. So I explained to her what has gone wrong since he took over - the wars and the foreign spending while our local economy is basically in ruins and his call for all of this stimulus and additional entitlements, etc. All of the sudden, she said something that I've never even considered and I've thought about this but haven't really thought it through enough to formulate a theory. I'm sure I'll get blasted for this by the preponderance of Obama bashers on the boards, but remember that this came out of the mouth of an innocent who has not yet been biased and who, just might, be able to see the forest through the trees as opposed to us hardened skeptics.

She said to me "Mom, everyone goes around all doom and gloom about how all politicians lie, the economy is terrible and all he wants to do is spend more money without so much as a second thought. If everyone lies, how do we know that what we've been told all these years, that our economy is in bad shape, isn't itself the lie and that this one President is brave enough to use that knowledge and spend the money we unknowingly have in order to get the country on its feet again? How do we know that our past Presidents haven't been the true liars and that he is just covering for them because that's what they do?

At that moment, I realized how truly cynical I've become and I have to tell you that I've given occassional thought to what she said. Who knows - history has shown that out of the mouths of babes have come some of the most profound and just of truths. Just a thought to throw out there while all of this USA bashing is taking place.

posted on Nov, 29 2011 @ 02:32 AM
link   
The behemoth that is the US Dept of Defense is slowing turning it's armory on China. The minders get the President to draw the line in the sand and I would think this would make the Chinese generals in Beijing a lot nervous. Publicly they are all rant and bluster but when the Elephant starts moving, everyone sits up and takes notice. It took the US Dept of Defense 10 yrs from drawing the line in the sand with Saddam Hussein until he was swinging by a rope. The Chinese generals would have long memories of this. And you want to talk about war? Just look at the stats on total weapons in both frequency and effectiveness. Northrop and Raytheon isn't making billions yearly but producing weapons that don't work. No contest...

posted on Nov, 29 2011 @ 02:34 AM
link   
reply to post by neo96

Coming from Australia I agree with you. Our government is your greatest ally in the Pacific. But our economy is linked to the rise of China. They are the ones driving the mining industry and our resources boom. If there is a new 'cold war' I think it will be alot of bs. But I worry about China though. I worry that they will decide it is more to their advantage to foreclose on Americas debt.

posted on Nov, 29 2011 @ 02:56 AM
link   
reply to post by sonnny1

TextVirtual HATE FEST on America in this thread. Maybe America needs to step away from global"policing",and let these piss-ant Country's deal with their own problems.....But dont come calling when you need help..............

That would be awesome. Go away and protect your own borders. Mind your business. And dont worry,we wont come calling. What decisive victory have you achieved since WW2 anyway? Desert Storm? Big Deal.

TextNo more financial aid No more Humanitarian aid. No more Military aid. No more anything from America.

Even more awesome. That would help alot if you stopped propping up incompetent and corrupt governments just because they are complicit. Maybe you could stop bullying the world into sanctions and embargos on countries that are not complicit while you are at it? That would be swell.

TextHeres a list of Aid to Pakistan as an example. 60 years of wasting taxpayer money. Period. • US economic assistance to Pakistan peaked in 1962, at over $2.3bn • in 2010, military assistance to Pakistan totalled $2.5bn - including $1.2bn in coalition support funds • US assistance to Pakistan reached its lowest level in the 1990s, after President George H.W. Bush suspended aid flows over Pakistan's emerging nuclear programme • US military assistance dropped dramatically during and immediately after the Indo-Pakistani wars of 1965 and 1971 • in the 1970s, President Carter suspended all aid to Pakistan (except food aid) in response to Pakistan's decision to construct a uranium enrichment facility • although US assistance (both economic and military) to Pakistan has fluctuated considerably over the last 60 years, it has risen steadily since 2001

You have every right in the world to drone bomb the crap out of Pakistan really. Whats a little collateral murder here and there? I mean you wouldnt want Pakistan to come to the aid of there neighbours and brothers in Afghanistan would you? Petrol is expensive enough as it is hey.
edit on 29-11-2011 by theovermensch because: typo

posted on Nov, 29 2011 @ 04:15 AM
link   

Originally posted by theovermensch
That would be awesome. Go away and protect your own borders. Mind your business. And dont worry,we wont come calling. What decisive victory have you achieved since WW2 anyway? Desert Storm? Big Deal.

That won't happen. These Americans always talk the "we should remove ourselves from the global stage and let you all fail" talk, but none of them want to do it.

They love interfering and being war mongers. Any claims of retreat from the global arena is just posturing based on ideals of self-importance.

It all comes back to American exceptionalism again. They simply think they're better than everyone else and have a god given right to run the world. Even worse, they think the rest of the world is incapable of getting by without their interference. The delusion of grandeur is so strong in America. If the roles were reversed all these Americans would be sulking and screaming blue murder. America is justified in everything it does, why? because it's America - No other reason.

You know a country is bad when the only defence of it is to attack other countries and try to drag them down to the same level. One of the great arguments Americans tend to make in defence of their imperialism and blood lust is to point to Empires of old, sometimes hundreds and thousands of years old and say "Look, look how bad that empire was". Forgetting that what was acceptable in the 1700's isn't acceptable in 2011. Or even to compare themselves to nations like China, as if being morally above either is an accomplishment

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join