It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

U.S. Declares Cold War With China

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:
+4 more 
posted on Nov, 28 2011 @ 08:14 PM
link   
Source

Last week, President Barack Obama was in Asia to declare a cold war with China. Hopefully the U.S.-China cold war won't be like the one fought with the Soviet Union that brought the world to the brink of nuclear annihilation and cost trillions of dollars over 60 years.

The crux of the conflict is China's attempt to assert its sovereignty over the South China Sea, a resource-rich conduit for roughly $5 trillion in annual global trade, of which $1.2 trillion is American, which U.S. Secretary of State Hillary Clinton declared last year a matter of "national interest."

Beijing's assertive behavior in the South China Sea precipitated calls from Asian allies for the U.S. to deepen its involvement to be a strong counterweight. Those calls led to the formulation of Obama's new Asia strategy, which administration officials admit changes America's "military posture toward China" into something like the former East-West cold war. The first shots of the new war were heard last week.

President Obama, while traveling in Asia, fired the first rounds of the cold war when he declared the U.S. is a "Pacific nation," and we intend to play "a larger and long-term role in shaping this region and its future."

I thought I would share this with all of you as it is quite the article.

It is amazing what turmoil the world is in right now, and the worst thing about it is that nobody seems to care. We all seem hell bent on war, and will do whatever it takes to make it happen.

The world is becoming a scarier and scarier place as the clock continues to tick, and it seems as if we have learned nothing from our past mistakes. Most people seem to not realize that nuclear is an option now and if war were to break out, it would more than likely be used.

Scary times ahead.

Any thoughts?

Pred...

posted on Nov, 28 2011 @ 08:18 PM
link   
I wholeheartedly agree with you and personally believe we will see a nuclear weapon used in war sometime during the coming year. Very sad world we live in these days.

posted on Nov, 28 2011 @ 08:18 PM
link   
reply to post by predator0187

It does seem that way, I thought his visit to Australia was quite obviously a way to let china know that the US intends to stay in the pacific, in a way that could be interpreted as being a little intimidating. The US should tread lightly with this one, if they keep on stepping on China's toes they may find themselves in a bit of a corner, in the pacific anyway.

With all of the habitual line stepping the US does they may find this one blowing up in their faces....

edit on 28-11-2011 by sir_slide because: (no reason given)

+3 more 
posted on Nov, 28 2011 @ 08:20 PM
link   

Well apparently there is a a good amount of support for a New Cold War in China. This is from last year...

China's hawks demand cold war on the US

Posted on 7-2-2010 @ 02:24 AM
MORE than half of Chinese people questioned in a poll believe China and America are heading for a new “cold war”.

The finding came after battles over Taiwan, Tibet, trade, climate change, internet freedom and human rights which have poisoned relations in the three months since President Barack Obama made a fruitless visit to Beijing.

+6 more 
posted on Nov, 28 2011 @ 08:22 PM
link   
It seems that wherever there is War or potential War, the US is either there on the sidelines or right in the middle. So who is responsible for all the increased conflicts in the World?

And Hillary has usually just left the region. It seems as if this vile woman is the harbinger of doom.

Coincidence?

I don't believe in such things when it comes to the US World domination agenda..

edit on 28-11-2011 by jude11 because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 28 2011 @ 08:24 PM
link   
I say give it until at least mid-spring then we should be well underway to total annihilation.

Damn I love a good tragedy...

Personally i give us 1 chance in 3.

posted on Nov, 28 2011 @ 08:26 PM
link   
a pacific, not a south china sea nation. once again america is picking fights in a part of the world were the most they can be is guests.

instead they are loud, barn storming, ungrateful, loud and uninvited.

posted on Nov, 28 2011 @ 08:28 PM
link   

So we are literary at war?

posted on Nov, 28 2011 @ 08:29 PM
link   
Then why did he declare Hawaii was in Asia

Was that a freudian slip or is there something we dont know about our beloved state?
S&F by the way

posted on Nov, 28 2011 @ 08:31 PM
link   
This is my reply to another thread but it fits here as well.

My personal belief is that all of the sabre rattling (except that by Israel, they actually mean it) is meant to create the conditions required for a new cold war era. China cannot contend with their growing middle class and the growing list of demands that new class is making. They want to shut off their own people from the west in order to regain solid control.
Russia wants the respect it had under the communist regime.
Russia and China are tied economically, in terms of resources, and politically with Iran and Pakistan.
Europe and the U.S. also require the new cold war.
Guess what, we aren't going to pay China back! It isn't default if you have a moral obligation to withhold the funds for fear that they would be used to subvert the U.S., sponsor anti U.S. terrorism or propaganda, or *gasp* actually build militarily to take us on for real. No, in that instance it would just be irresponsible for us to pay China. Would also be bad to pay if we suddenly remembered that they aren't so great with human rights and the money would used to terrorize their own populace.
Powers in China understand this. Powers in the west understand this. I believe it is already agreed to and this is just a prearranged show to flip the switch. Globalism died in the 2008 crash. It just took a few years to get the obituary out. But, it's out now and all the powers are doing what they need to achieve what matters most to them.

I know India is going with the West after the rather heated bidding between Russia and the U.S. last fall.
Unclear what intentions Brazil has, but we would be idiots to not be making serious attempts to pull them in.

Unemployment will fall drastically. I do tend to think the Euro has to go but I am not sure on that one. U.S., Canada, Mexico, and the countries of Western Europe. That's our new focus and we will play nice with Japan and India. South America is undecided and the rest of the world is Authoritarian/and or/Islamic.

So be it.
I am as tired of the U.S. trying to run the world as the rest of the world is of the U.S. trying to run it.

posted on Nov, 28 2011 @ 08:35 PM
link   
Oh bull hockey! How can there be a cold war when we are the ones subsidizing it. Its all a game. So we are at war (silently) with the very nation that we continue to trade with? Something is wrong with this picture and I'm not duped so easily!

posted on Nov, 28 2011 @ 08:38 PM
link   
It was inevitable. Hopefully no bombs get dropped but even I admit as I read the news every day it only seems more and more possible. Such a shame; we live on such a beautiful planet that's controlled by such ugly humans.

+3 more 
posted on Nov, 28 2011 @ 09:02 PM
link   
reply to post by jude11

I don't think a thread passes on ATS without the traditional U.S. bashing. I know it's human nature to place blame somewhere but come on people...it's becoming so blatantly ridiculous.  

China has been screwing us for years. Yes, they loan us money but you don't think there is motive there? We boost their economy far more than they boost ours. 

Maybe they want to help our liberals and neocons drag us into deep water economically then pull the rug out from under us? 

Maybe they want to help us weaken ourselves so they can take over Taiwan and others. 

Who knows what there true motive is? Nobody here does, yet so many are ready to blame America. 

The U.S. bashing is getting old, people. I have a suggestion. For one day, please use your energy to find one country or civilization who has helped or brought prosperity to more people than America. Try that one day! 

Haters!

posted on Nov, 28 2011 @ 09:15 PM
link   
So now we know why the U.S announced the deal with Australia to move troops there.

It's all strategic planning..like a game of Risk.

IMO, because the Phillipines are also claiming that the South China Sea & its resources"belongs" to them, the U.S is going to back them, for reasons (un)known.

I've been following the tensions in the South China Sea for months now..& had a feeling that the situation there was going to bubble over at some point.

China's been threatening Vietnam with force if they continued to pursue territorial claim..

Vietnam, in return has saber-rattled with military drills right in China's face lol..As well as allowed India's naval ships a passage through Vietnamese waters, which shows the alliance between Vietnam & India.

..& we all know China & India don't exactly see eye-to-eye.

Also, the Spratley Islands is a talking point..With at least 4-5 countries trying to claim it, although I'd have to say it's mainly between China & the Phillipines..But I'm not sure whether things have cooled down with the countries trying to take it.
Can't remember where I read it, but China began building bunkers on the islands just off of it, with the Philippines also building bunkers opposite them.

posted on Nov, 28 2011 @ 09:17 PM
link   
The world is not becoming scarier. What has always been is coming out into the open.

posted on Nov, 28 2011 @ 09:18 PM
link   
reply to post by seabag

America is unfortunately the police state of the world..

& you know how people generally feel towards police.

Especially police that abuse their powers..

So get used to the bashin'.

But I don't have much love for China either, who're throwing their weight around..& have one of the worst human rights record.

posted on Nov, 28 2011 @ 09:28 PM
link   
This Cold War will not be like the one between the United States and the Soviet Union.

In those days, it was essentially who can throw more money on the problem. Whether it was allies, enemies, technology, etc. whoever could throw more money could create more influence and essentially, win the "war".

This Cold War will be much more virtual. Cyber warfare and Black Ops will be the new standard.

In my opinion, there will never be a nuclear weapon used in warfare unless surrender is no longer an option.

Just my .02

+3 more 
posted on Nov, 28 2011 @ 09:32 PM
link   

Originally posted by SmoKeyHaZe
America is unfortunately the police state of the world..

& you know how people generally feel towards police.

What a bunch of horse crap.

The UK has cameras everywhere. Talk about Police state. pffft

If the US was truly a Police state then all them OWS protesters would either have been shot on the spot or hauled off to reeducation camps....

So get used to the bashin'.

Game On!

But I don't have much love for China either, who're throwing their weight around..& have one of the worst human rights record.

Well that's about the only REALISTIC thing you wrote

posted on Nov, 28 2011 @ 09:41 PM
link   
Am I the only one that sees this as election year fluff?

Obama is saying these things so he can appear as "strong" and "decisive" and it'll look good in a commercial.

Empty words and empty rhetoric from a president who'd wee in his Birkenstocks if China actually did anything aggressive.

posted on Nov, 28 2011 @ 09:46 PM
link   
reply to post by SmoKeyHaZe

Star!

I understand you but...

America is unfortunately the police state of the world.. & you know how people generally feel towards police.

We are the police state mostly by request. That precedent was set many years before we were born. 

I understand the conspiracy side of many of us. We speculate about motives, and obviously America has motives. But the fact remains that most of the time we enter a country we are ASKED, encouraged, begged to intervene. 

People should stop blaming the U.S. for everything that NATO does; it ain't just us!! We do things for the benefit of our alliances. 

And NO, I don't "know how people generally feel about police". Everyone I know has no disregard for police. Where do you hang out?
If you call the police for help they show up. If allies call the U.S. for help we show up. 

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join