It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Rockets fired from Lebanon land in northern Israel

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Nov, 28 2011 @ 07:37 PM
link   

Several rockets fired from southern Lebanon landed in northern Israel, the Israeli army has said. There were no casualties from the strikes, the first across the border since 2009. Two buildings were damaged.

Israel and the US have accused Syria of helping Hezbollah rearm. Earlier this year, Damascus denied it was supplying Scud missiles to the group.

Source

Well, in keeping with the common theme lately, more news that point to escalating tensions. Not exactly a devestating strike but a political headache all the same. I believe this is Hezbollah militants being opportunistic regarding the current state of tensions.

What do you think? Propaganda? or maybe Hezbollah trying to ignite the brewing conflict?

posted on Nov, 28 2011 @ 07:43 PM
link   
Those non israelis, they sure cannot fire a rocket to save their lives can they.
Did these missiles land in an open field?
I wonder what the building damage looks like?
We will surely see a very deadly israeli response though.
I wonder how many civilians will be killed, only time will tell.

posted on Nov, 28 2011 @ 07:47 PM
link   
lol Israel basically laughed at that attempt

posted on Nov, 28 2011 @ 07:52 PM
link   

Originally posted by g146541
Those non israelis, they sure cannot fire a rocket to save their lives can they.
Did these missiles land in an open field?
I wonder what the building damage looks like?
We will surely see a very deadly israeli response though.
I wonder how many civilians will be killed, only time will tell.

Going by the report, there were no casualties or injuries, only minor damage to a couple of buildings. To me it's going to be more of a diplomatic issue rather than one of military interest. Namely, the fact that there is technically still a state of war between the 2 states and whether or not Israel will respond with a military action or a diplomatic response.

posted on Nov, 28 2011 @ 07:52 PM
link   

Originally posted by Morgil

Several rockets fired from southern Lebanon landed in northern Israel, the Israeli army has said. There were no casualties from the strikes, the first across the border since 2009. Two buildings were damaged.

What do you think? Propaganda? or maybe Hezbollah trying to ignite the brewing conflict?

I don't think they meant to hit much or do any real damage. This wasn't an attempt to start a new war and hitting the wrong target, even by accident, could have done precisely that. Imagine a rocket hitting a populated grade school classroom, even if unintentional. This strikes me as nothing more than a message to Israeli leadership.

Lebanon is still there...they are still hostile and they will be joining in the next war........just in case anyone had doubted the fact before today. That is all I think this little 'strike' was meant to convey. They say they have rockets and missiles in Lebanon capable of fairly accurate fire into the suburbs of Tel Aviv itself. I don't doubt them.....

WHEN they shoot for real, it won't be ineffectual fire that brings laughter to those who aren't reading it for the less than subtle telegram it was meant to be.

posted on Nov, 28 2011 @ 07:57 PM
link   
This world is growing out of control... Either someone is supplying defective weapons or Lebanon didn't receive a manual with the rockets.

posted on Nov, 28 2011 @ 08:20 PM
link   
Just a gentle reminder from Iran: "we're still here". Nothing more, nothing less.

new topics

top topics

join