It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Love Love the New View Posts by Member within Thread Feature!

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Nov, 28 2011 @ 04:07 PM
link   
For those who haven't seen it, if you highlight the member tab shown under the stats within a member's avy on a post, there is a nifty feature to view all posts by that member within that specific thread. How cool is that?

I don't know how long the feature has been there - but it is super duper awesome - especially when its a massive thread and your interested in following one specific contributor. No more frustration in trying to follow a specific member's dialogue.

Since I am as guilty as most of complaining about things I don't like, I thought I should take a moment to say thank you to ATS for a very helpful tool addition. Kudos and thanks!!!!

posted on Nov, 28 2011 @ 04:18 PM
link   
I was just thinking about making a thread on this exact same subject. I think many people over look that feature and it comes in real handy. For instance, there is a great thread going in the UFO forum. New posters are asking questions that the OP has answered, but they didn't read the whole thread so they don't know that. They could just click on the "posts in thread" for the OP and read through those.

It's also handy for when a thread gets started with the promise of "more later". First thing I do is check to see if that promise pans out.

OiO

posted on Nov, 28 2011 @ 06:08 PM
link   
It's also a VERY handy way to send someone a u2u quickly.

It's also nifty for snooping on someone. Had a fella in another thread claiming to be a doctor, and Phage called him out by pulling out a post claiming he was an appliance salesman. Kinda helps keep everyone honest, as well.

It has many cool features......

ETA: It also has the ALERT button, to report those REALLY obnoxious people who violate T&C. Not to be used on a whim, but comes in handy for trolls.

edit on 11/28/11 by Druid42 because: added ETA.

posted on Nov, 28 2011 @ 11:13 PM
link   
reply to post by Druid42

Thanks for adding to the thread Druid - I love those features as well. In fact, it was when i was using them that I saw the post in thread option.

Good stuff ATS!

posted on Nov, 29 2011 @ 12:44 PM
link   
Thanks for that and thank you ATS. A new one to me and a helpful tool..
edit on 29-11-2011 by purplemer because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 30 2011 @ 02:12 AM
link   
reply to post by purplemer

Thank you for taking the time to post. I'm glad that the thread pointed you towards the new feature.

Enjoy!

posted on Nov, 30 2011 @ 02:14 AM
link   
reply to post by OneisOne

Thank you so much for your post. I have had the same experience, thinking about a thread and finding someone else was thinking the same thing, at the same time.

Happy hunting in the boards for the next great thread!

posted on Nov, 30 2011 @ 09:32 AM
link   
I like it because you can see the tone and subjects of someone's previous posts which makes it easier to see their nature. Some people say "Oh I'm here on my free-time" but when you examine what they have posted, consistently, much is standard government propaganda and it helps me (at least) sort the chaff from the wheat with regard to people with an open mind.

posted on Nov, 30 2011 @ 03:23 PM
link   
I never really paid attention to the drop-down menu, but the features in there do look handy. Thanks for pointing it out!

posted on Nov, 30 2011 @ 05:39 PM
link   
It's been available for a while (part of the ATS 2010 upgrade, I think) and it's definitely handy.

It's also handy for mods. One rude post may be a misunderstanding or a Maalox moment, and we're only human, but a whole thread full of them speaks for itself.

posted on Nov, 30 2011 @ 11:45 PM
link   
reply to post by LightSpeedDriver

Thanks for adding your comments to the thread! I agree - its a tool that can really be helpful in getting to know a specific member's contributions to a thread as a whole - which can be very illuminating.

reply to post by Jason88

I'm so glad that you found the tools the drop down menu offers - very handy dandy. Thanks for the post!

posted on Nov, 30 2011 @ 11:47 PM
link   
reply to post by Majic

Thanks for the background - I was really curious if it was just something I had missed before.

I also wanted to thank you for the thread link in your post - I'll be reading it myself with interest.

posted on Dec, 2 2011 @ 03:38 AM
link   
It's been here for a long while now, I'm sure it was even here before 2010, but maybe that was in another incarnation.

It certainly IS useful! Especially when I've been having a discussion or debate with a particular person in a huge multi-page thread, it helps to have all their responses one after another, to be able to reference.

posted on Dec, 2 2011 @ 03:45 AM
link   
Cool, I like discovering new features on here. I only just discovered the Replies option in the messages section, where you can see who has replied to your posts. Makes sure you never miss the opportunity to have the final word

new topics

top topics

join