It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

reincarnation is not possible

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 28 2011 @ 03:56 PM
link   
The universe is made up of material things. Material things can be broken down into parts. Any given part is not the whole of it self. No matter how many times material things can be broken down, matter can not cease to be.it is always here, it just changes form.Spirit on the other hand has no physical attributes at all. There are no parts. Since spirit has no parts it can't be broken down into pieces. Spirit is whole.it can never be anything other than what it is. This being true about spiritual things and material things, how is reincarnation possible?

posted on Nov, 28 2011 @ 03:59 PM
link   
reply to post by Theophorus

spirit = energy = e

e = mc2

posted on Nov, 28 2011 @ 04:00 PM
link   

Originally posted by Theophorus
The universe is made up of material things. Material things can be broken down into parts. Any given part is not the whole of it self. No matter how many times material things can be broken down, matter can not cease to be.it is always here, it just changes form.Spirit on the other hand has no physical attributes at all. There are no parts. Since spirit has no parts it can't be broken down into pieces. Spirit is whole.it can never be anything other than what it is. This being true about spiritual things and material things, how is reincarnation possible?

1)the body is a vessel
2)Energy never disappears.

That was easy enough.

posted on Nov, 28 2011 @ 04:02 PM
link   

If you recycle a can or a bottle, it will be melted down and recast as a can or a bottle. Maybe, just maybe, a soul can be recycled. I tend to think so, but hasten to add that I have absolutely no evidence that it is so.

posted on Nov, 28 2011 @ 04:02 PM
link   

I believe in reincarnation but have never given it much thought as to how it could be possible because how would I know such an answer. If I did have an idea it would probably be along the lines of our spirit is our enlightened selves and can probably "posses" whoever that their rules allow. As we are all living it is hard to speculate about the afterlife.

posted on Nov, 28 2011 @ 04:03 PM
link   
reply to post by captaintyinknots

I think to elaborate a bit more. If you see the body as a vessel, when we "die", we merely leave the vessel which has outlived its operable span of life. To continue on our journey, we then must move to a fresher vessel. Your spirit thus controls/becomes part of/etc the new vessel.

I don't have all the answers and probably no one ever will but this seems to satisfy as a decent rebuttal to what you consider an impossibility.

link   
If I die in the woods and badgers eat me I become part of that badger, he has a poo, fly's lay egg's in the poo, the maggots eat the poo so part of me has just helped make new life.

I know it isnt Reincarnation but thats how we live for ever

link   

One word - growth.

Because of freedom, and the need for experience to learn and grow, there is a framework for reincarnation. Existence implies reincarnation, because the manifestation of form is so that spirit can have a medium by which to enjoy experience, and in the process learn and grow.

Interesting question.. S&F

posted on Nov, 28 2011 @ 04:05 PM
link   
reply to post by boymonkey74

Sounds like fun..

posted on Nov, 28 2011 @ 04:06 PM
link   

Its not that easy. If my spirit can never be something other than what it is (me) how could I be something else? The same holds true for matter. How can spirit possibly possess matter that already has spirit possessing it being that matter never ceases to be.
edit on 28-11-2011 by Theophorus because: (no reason given)

edit on 28-11-2011 by Theophorus because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 28 2011 @ 04:11 PM
link   

Originally posted by Theophorus

Its not that easy. If my spirit can never be something other than what it is (me) how could I be something else? The same holds true for matter. How can spirit possible possess matter that alreay has spirit possess it?

Maybe the soul goes from one body to the next but is limited to that type of body but in essence that cat you just got into is still you, you may have the same personality but just in cat form

I know it's rubbish but I think it's a real nice idea and if it was up to me that's how it would be.

posted on Nov, 28 2011 @ 04:12 PM
link   
I dont see truth behind this dichotomy between spirit and matter, they are one and the same, and they take on a form once percieved, the refinement of that perception dictates what is considered spirit and what is considered matter. If we refine our perception enough, through the natural power of concentration, we see spirit is matter, the gaps between things are filled.

Now in term of reincarnation, it helps to remember that beyond the idea of "I", there is ocean of all mind and all matter in one fluid chunk, we through ego (idea of "I"ness), collect these chunks and identify with them, we live we die we live we die holding onto our backpack of experience we choose to identify with. Its a terrible reality, at least from the human stance, that at some point all this effort to fill this bag with the right stuff is for nothing, since to be in truth it is necessary to let it all go

edit on 28-11-2011 by el1jah because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 28 2011 @ 04:15 PM
link   
reply to post by ApolloBloodline

I don't have all the answers and probably no one ever will but this seems to satisfy as a decent rebuttal to what you consider an impossibility.

I may be wrong, but I think you misread capyaintinyknots post.

He said the same thing as you, just much more succinctly.

That said, I agree with both of you.
edit on 11/28/2011 by Chamberf=6 because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 28 2011 @ 04:18 PM
link   

I think you'd have to be able to quantify and measure the essence of a soul or spirit. That technology seems a bit remote to our current understanding. If the soul exists -- and I choose to believe it does -- does it have mass? If so, how much of a percentage of the body weight does it comprise? Perhaps it's like photons -- massless, but with energy.

I know there have been various experiments to quantify the mass of a soul. I don't recall any that were able to measure a difference between a living human and a human that has died, but that alone doesn't mean that the soul doesn't exist, just that it isn't currently quantifiable.

reply to post by tomten

I think you're onto something here. Mass/energy equivalence. With conservation of mass - neither created nor destroyed, but transformed (chemically) -- perhaps the same can be true for spirit. Who knows? I don't think we'll find a mathematical proof for soulstuff anytime soon. This seems to be relegated to an article of faith -- for now.

posted on Nov, 28 2011 @ 04:21 PM
link   
Why would the spirit have to break down? This makes no sense to me. You live, you die, you go to the other side, when you choose you come back.

Like a raindrop.

posted on Nov, 28 2011 @ 04:21 PM
link   
As I see reincarnation, it is the soul returning to a new body. When one dies the soul is released and can choose to return into a new body/physical life. As the soul does not die nor change form(as energy not shape) its returning is called reincarnation. If this is true your whole argument is baseless. IMHO.

posted on Nov, 28 2011 @ 04:23 PM
link   

You are ignorant, if you think that we are just matter then what was the point of living and having emotions and consciousness, because you are better off dead if there wasn't these thing!

posted on Nov, 28 2011 @ 04:26 PM
link   
reply to post by BlastedCaddy

If thats true, when I die I'm repossesing my ex and throwing myself under a train

posted on Nov, 28 2011 @ 04:26 PM
link   
If there is such a thing as a sole and it can inhabit a body one time, why can it now inhabit a body again at a later time?

Sorry, your proof seems hollow.

Last line

posted on Nov, 28 2011 @ 04:28 PM
link   

"It would be no more bizarre for me to show up in another lifetime, than it is bizarre for me to show up in this one!" Eleanor Roosevelt

Seriously - think about it.

top topics

<<   2  3 >>

join