It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Still think the media is on your side?

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 28 2011 @ 04:58 PM
link   
reply to post by TinkerHaus

Oh I get the topic... I'm sure "still think the media on your side" as a title is in regards to Time not publishing a revolutionary type picture on its cover in America (like it did for three other continents)

yeah thats fine... Im happy with their decision... Why should OWS get attention when there are real problems in the world? Oh you know like people getting MURDERED by their government...

Here we have people getting murdered in the protest camps...

big comparison there

posted on Nov, 28 2011 @ 05:04 PM
link   
Something I pointed out in the thread I authored about this issue..

Clicking back through past editions, you'll notice that almost any time the cover story for Asia/South Pacific/Europe is related to Islam, or the Middle East, the USA cover is different.

Any time the magazine is supporting a political figure all 4 covers are the same.

When the cover story is "Why the U.S. Will Never Save Afghanistan" the American cover is different, the other 3 are the same.

Time is definitely pushing an agenda, and I'm sure with detailed analysis it could be decoded and exposed. I'm looking to some media watchdog groups I follow now to find any insight on tihs.

posted on Nov, 28 2011 @ 05:05 PM
link   

Originally posted by DrNotforhire

Oh I get the topic... I'm sure "still think the media on your side" as a title is in regards to Time not publishing a revolutionary type picture on its cover in America (like it did for three other continents)

yeah thats fine... Im happy with their decision... Why should OWS get attention when there are real problems in the world? Oh you know like people getting MURDERED by their government...

Here we have people getting murdered in the protest camps...

big comparison there

The cover you are referring to does not promote or even directly speak of OWS - it was about the riots/protests/revolution in Egypt.. Hence my question.

No one here made the leap to connect the two other than yourself. So you are arguing against something you fabricated in your mind...

And no offense, but your radical and closed beliefs make your statement "yeah thats fine... Im happy with their decision..." doubly profound, as it makes apparent the fact that you don't mind being told what to think.
edit on 28-11-2011 by TinkerHaus because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 28 2011 @ 05:26 PM
link   

Originally posted by TinkerHaus
reply to post by Jason88

Already posted here.

Indeed and my reply on this thread would be the same as it was on that one.

2nd

posted on Nov, 28 2011 @ 05:32 PM
link   

ACTUALLY I have a big problem when people tell me what to think which is my initial complaint with OWS... However I was taking an offensive stance on the subject I will admit, let me clarify I was talking with someone (pro ows) today and they were "outraged" that ows wasn't on the cover...

I just assumed that this thread was about that... Tend to skip by the rhetoric... but the title makes me believe that is the reasoning due to the abundant amount of OWS posts.

posted on Nov, 29 2011 @ 09:11 AM
link   
reply to post by DrNotforhire

Thanks for clarifying your stance and thought process that led you to bring OWS into this thread.

I think most of us on ATS want Americans to see the violence going on in Egypt, want them to see that America may not always be right and want Americans to see the face(s) of Islam... all things that Time Magazine is denying its readership as it follows some stupid, dated agenda.

It's shame that Time does this, and speak volumes to how badly manipulated US media is...

edit on 29-11-2011 by Jason88 because: (no reason given)

new topics

top topics

<< 1   >>

join