It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

If Iran is Attacked Who Is Going To Pick Up China's 11% Shortfall in Oil?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Nov, 28 2011 @ 02:43 PM
link   
I am not to sure who else Iran Supplies now. I know that the saudis pivked up a shortfall for India in.mobile.reuters.com...

I don't think that the Saudis will be able to step up production to cover the 11% shortfall of oil to china. With China being a country undergoing massive growth, any attack on Iran may slow the growth of China by 11%.

I think the US would be happy to slow Chinas economic growth if it can.

posted on Nov, 28 2011 @ 02:51 PM
link   

Originally posted by TheMindWar
I am not to sure who else Iran Supplies now. I know that the saudis pivked up a shortfall for India in.mobile.reuters.com...

I don't think that the Saudis will be able to step up production to cover the 11% shortfall of oil to china. With China being a country undergoing massive growth, any attack on Iran may slow the growth of China by 11%.

I think the US would be happy to slow Chinas economic growth if it can.

I'm sure China knows this and would attack anyone that attacks Iran. They'll just take it from somewhere else, just like the US does.

posted on Nov, 28 2011 @ 02:53 PM
link   
CANADA!!! they are building a pipeline to the west coast to supply the chinese, its part of the plan.

also venezuala if they really needed it.

posted on Nov, 28 2011 @ 02:54 PM
link   
Russia. Russia has plenty of oil, a good relationship with china, and the means to get it there.

posted on Nov, 28 2011 @ 03:00 PM
link   
reply to post by TheMindWar

It'll be time to go green for them. A tenth of there oil is a lot when we think how much China must buy for it's large population. And besides, if Iran gets attacked there will be no more Iran, so China might as well beat us to the land.

posted on Nov, 28 2011 @ 03:12 PM
link   

Originally posted by FidelityMusic

It'll be time to go green for them. A tenth of there oil is a lot when we think how much China must buy for it's large population. And besides, if Iran gets attacked there will be no more Iran, so China might as well beat us to the land.

1/10th of chinas oil is far less than 1/10th of americans oil use. Yes it is a lot, but no where near the amount america uses.

Why would Iran no longer be there if attacked? Pretty sure Russia and China will have something to say about that...

posted on Nov, 28 2011 @ 03:15 PM
link   

I dont know if I agree with you there. If there is a shortfall in oil would that not push the price of manufacturing up which would get passed down to the buyer...Idk for sure never done any economics. Just my opinion..

posted on Nov, 28 2011 @ 03:21 PM
link   
reply to post by purplemer

China wll have a shortfall of 11% since this is what Iran supplies to them. If Iran is attacked they wont be able to ship it to china. So someone would have to pick up the slack, or china economy would suffer as a result. Now if there is someone already inline to pick up the oil, then I would suggest that country may well be involved in Irans downfall if it occurs.

posted on Nov, 28 2011 @ 07:45 PM
link   
reply to post by captaintyinknots

It still is a damaging blow to any economy, especially one of a super-power, and we aren't comparing China and U.S. I was just making a statement about 1/10th of their oil being a lot, which it is.

Iran would not be there because only an idiot would attack Iran with minimal damage. If the U.S. or Israel were to attack Iran, they would attack with as much firepower as possible. Eliminate a country right away so you can save other resources and fight everyone else you're about to have problems with. Why would they attack with minimal damage and risk having to wage war against an army 100,000+ men stronger because you were dumb enough to pistol whip them rather than shoot. Be honest, why would they do that?

new topics

top topics

join