It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Help finding psychic video

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Nov, 28 2011 @ 02:41 PM
link   
Many years ago i saw a video where a psychic, maybe Uri Gellar, was on an old black and white talk show (maybe Ed Sullivan). The psychic gets up, walks to the camera, and looks into the camera. Just as he does that, it flashes to the street in front of the studio. The psychic was "channeling" what it looked like out front, like a remote view.

I only saw this once, and would really like to get a copy of the video. Anyone here at ATS know what the hell I am talking about?

posted on Nov, 28 2011 @ 02:50 PM
link   
If the psychic is still around, I'm sure they know where it is.

posted on Nov, 28 2011 @ 03:04 PM
link   

Originally posted by satron
If the psychic is still around, I'm sure they know where it is.

ZING!!!!

It was a black and white. And I swear it was Uri Gellar...but I could be wrong (saw it over a decade ago on In Search Of...). BUt it may have been a different Ruskie.

posted on Nov, 28 2011 @ 03:40 PM
link   
Blessed be.
Try looking on youtube with the search words = remote viewing talk show
I feel that this will help you locate the video.

Namasté

posted on Nov, 28 2011 @ 05:37 PM
link   
reply to post by KhaliWitch

Just to be clear, in my "real life" people usually come to me with hard questions to have answered, and that will require some Google Fu to get answered. I am a pretty prodigious user of the search engine.

Thus, having already tried your suggestion I retried it. Not saying it isn't there...just that I didn't see it.

posted on Nov, 28 2011 @ 07:30 PM
link   

Originally posted by bigfatfurrytexan
Many years ago i saw a video where a psychic, maybe Uri Gellar, was on an old black and white talk show (maybe Ed Sullivan). The psychic gets up, walks to the camera, and looks into the camera. Just as he does that, it flashes to the street in front of the studio. The psychic was "channeling" what it looked like out front, like a remote view.

I only saw this once, and would really like to get a copy of the video. Anyone here at ATS know what the hell I am talking about?

Well, if that was an Ed Sullivan B&W show, then this is probably not Uri Gellar, as its career really started to grown up at the very beginning of the 70's, and as the show was in B&W format from 1948 to 1965.

Another possiblity is that this wasn't at the Ed Sullivan show but another English-speaking show.
In his biography, we learn that "His 1973 appearance on David Dimbleby's Talk-In brought him overnight fame in Britain, which spread, immediately throughout the world. So we can reasonably guess that its first TV show occurred after this BBC show.

Here's a list of TV shows appearances of Uri Gellar, between 1973 and 1995 in the USA (source: Gellar's bios):
Among his appearances in the United States were Sixty Minutes with Mike Wallace, Lifestyles of the Rich and Famous, The Tonight Show with Johnny Carson, as well as 20/20 and a number of specials. He has been a guest of Merv Griffin, Mike Douglas, Phil Donahue, Tom Snyder, Barbara Walters, Oprah Winfrey, Leeza, Larry King, CNN, and NBC Dateline.

The problem is that all the TV shows were broadcasted in color in 1973 in USA: "By the early 1970s though, color sets had become standard, and the completion of total colorcasting was achieved when the last of the daytime programs converted to color and joined with primetime in the first all-color season in 1972.
source

So I guess that, most likely, it wasn't Uri Gellar.

edit on 28-11-2011 by elevenaugust because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 28 2011 @ 07:50 PM
link   
reply to post by elevenaugust

Great stuff.

I get the feeling that it was a Russian, actually.

But I wonder if the old Leonard Nimoy versions of In Search Of might have some information that would make it easier to identify which show it was (name, season, episode, etc).

posted on Nov, 28 2011 @ 07:57 PM
link   
Yes, good idea.

Any other clue that could help us identify the show?
Don't you remember any special thing that occurred in your life at the same moment that could help us find the year?
And what about your family/friends, any possibility that they also could have seen the show?

posted on Nov, 28 2011 @ 08:05 PM
link   
reply to post by elevenaugust

Why i think it was "In Search Of" is because i saw it at my uncles house, which would have only happened around 1999 (when i would be at his house long enough to watch TV there, right after his motorcycle wreck). History Channel aired the show in the late 90's, ending the run in 2000, so that makes sense

I believe it to be from Season 1, Episode 13: Learning ESP. I found it on several video sites, and will watch it shortly Right now my 13 year old needs a foot in his butt. Once i do that, then convince him i still love him, I will watch the video and report back.

posted on Nov, 28 2011 @ 08:23 PM
link   
Haha! Your boy should have been with Leonard Nimoy playing ESP games too...

Seems like the whole episode is in color.... as well as the whole show (from 1976 to 1982), however maybe some older B&W tracks were included in other episodes?

The 3-22 episode "Brain power" is also interesting for your search. I actually watch the first part.

Edit: no luck! You should also watch the 6-11 episode 'Houdini's secrets" as it contains lots of W&B sequences and as Houdini was also considered as a psychic.

Time to sleep for me now, 3.30AM here in France.

Good luck in your search!

posted on Nov, 29 2011 @ 10:20 AM
link   
I watched the episode I mentioned earlier....not what I am looking for.

I know ATS isn't the be all/end all of this sort of thing. But it is pretty close.

posted on Nov, 29 2011 @ 03:38 PM
link   
reply to post by bigfatfurrytexan

Sorry, I could not help as much as I didn't and still don't watch those kind of programmes.
I suggested this as I have found a lot of old TV shows on youtube and use it to show hubby what I am talking about.

Namasté

posted on Nov, 30 2011 @ 01:18 AM
link   
reply to post by bigfatfurrytexan

Still no dice, eh? Now you got me curious. S&F in hopes of you finding it. Be sure to make it into a thread when you find it, it sounds awesome.

posted on Aug, 28 2012 @ 10:28 PM
link   

This isn't black and white but it's Uri Geller doing his CIA psychic experiments. The color is strongly faded so maybe you remembered that as black and white.

new topics

top topics

join