It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

It's time to Relocate Palestinians to Jordan: Two-thirds of Jordanians are already Palestinian

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 29 2011 @ 01:56 AM
link   
reply to post by SpeachM1litant

Holy crap a smart person. They are so rare to meet nowadays. I agree they should work on the 5 hostile borders they have now, not add another. Kudos for you attempting to educate others, I don't have the patience.

posted on Nov, 29 2011 @ 05:12 AM
link   
reply to post by Corruption Exposed

Yah really.

The Palestinians never asked to be invaded. The Zionist scum went to Palestine with the intention of stealing their land by force.

In what kind of bizarre-o World is this acceptable?

edit on 29-11-2011 by gladtobehere because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 29 2011 @ 05:58 AM
link   

Originally posted by bluemirage5
reply to post by buster2010

Considering the population of Israeli v Palestinians......it's a whole lot easier to send the Palestinians packing. Try removing the Israelis off their land and they will be the last faces you'll ever see!

Population means jack. Israel should have never been created on land that didn't belong to the UK or Israel. Besides Jews have always been nomads so they are used to moving. Last faces you'll ever see? So you think only innocent women and children should move Israel seeing how that's about the only people Israel can stand up to.

posted on Nov, 29 2011 @ 06:09 AM
link   

A terrible system of governance?
Do you people just spit out random #?

You honestly have no idea how lucky Jordanians consider themselves to have a leader in the mould of King Abdullah. Can you please tell me what's wrong with the governance and all that?

Since I've lived there my entire life, and somehow you seem to be so confident about it.
edit on 29/11/11 by ghash because: No reason

posted on Nov, 29 2011 @ 06:30 AM
link   
Some of you people make me sick

First they take away Palestine of the Palestinians, then they want to take away Jordan from the Jordanians and give it to the Palestinians who they robbed originally.

Now if that's not wrong then, the day it's your turn, I hope you all give up your land so you can go and move somewhere else because somebody else said so.

posted on Nov, 29 2011 @ 06:35 AM
link   

King Abdullah II has a great interest in the internet and information technology. This is one of the reasons why he put ICT at the forefront of Jordan's economic development. In an unprecedented move, King Abdullah commented on two Jordanian blogs that discussed his interview with the Petra News Agency, the Black Iris and the newspaper daily Ad-Dustor, showing his support for dialogue and debate in the Kingdom. His comment on the blogs was as follows:
"Thank you all for your feedback and comments. I am very happy and proud to see so many responsible citizens engaging in this dialogue. People must not be afraid to express their opinions without using aliases. We are a country of freedom, tolerance, diversity and openness, and everyone has the right to express their thoughts – no matter what they are – in an atmosphere of respect, so long as they are not personally offending others, attempting character assassination or undermining the nation’s interest. Your comments only indicate how deeply you care about Jordan and its future and I am happy that we are partners in the development process."[28]
—King Abdullah II

In regards to freedom of speech:

Jordan received criticism when Toujan al-Faisal, Jordan's first female member of Parliament and an outspoken advocate for freedom of expression and human rights, was jailed for slandering the government after she charged it with corruption in a letter to Abdullah.[10] She was pardoned and released by King Abdullah. Despite these events, King Abdullah has continued his aggressive liberalization of Jordan's media. He recently issued a declaration forbidding detention of journalists in Jordan.

Source: en.wikipedia.org...

We might be a small country, but we have harboured refugees from all over the region and tried to give them the best chance of living a proper life. We have no oil, we're dependent on Iraq for it (whoops.. occupied). According to the UN, we're one of the poorest countries in terms of access to water).

Still, we have tried our best and succeeded relatively; considering that around 50% of the population is of Palestinian ORIGINS; as in, they are 100% Jordanian in terms of the individual's life. (Born/raised, etc).
We have also taken in hundreds of thousands of Iraqi refugees, which are now being educated in the best private schools and living a better life than many Jordanians.

We had our own mini-9/11, except it was 11th of November instead of September 11th.
Iraqis bombed 3 hotels, and tried for more; one woman survived and was interviewed. You can see all of this, what did Jordan do? Did we launch a war on terror? Did we invade 50 countries in the name of so-called "democracy"? We stood our ground, rebuilt ourselves up, and made it clear to Iraqis that they are one of us, and the actions of a few (who were Al-Qaeda affiliated) does NOT condemn them to anything.

So dumbass, don't EVER try to speak badly about the Jordanian regime. We might be under the rule of a monarchy, we cannot vote for our "presidents"; but we're not the ones invading hundreds of countries, building bases, torturing people, stealing lands for ourselves, building nuclear weapons, being the only country that has used a nuclear weapon around.

Go look up Jordan on a map, look up how rich the country is; and we still send our soldiers for international help. (Haiti, etc). Our King has tried over and over and still is, to set up a Palestinian state in Israel. We have called for the end of bloodshed, not because we believe in Israel's right of existence, but we're smart enough not to engage in stupid wars, since we know the West are war-mongering, trigger-happy, domination-freaks which torture their own civilians and people around the world in the name of the "War On Terror". Democracy huh? If your countries was under such amazing rule, websites like ATS would not need to be formed.
edit on 29/11/11 by ghash because: No reason

posted on Nov, 29 2011 @ 06:47 AM
link   
reply to post by CountDrac

CountDrac,

You make a very thought provoking recommendation....and I like it. It is true that there has never been a Palestinian state, nor do they have any claim over Israel. Don't let the Israeli/US despisers sway you. They just hate everything that is good in this world.

posted on Nov, 29 2011 @ 06:50 AM
link   
The international communities would never accept this.

posted on Nov, 29 2011 @ 06:56 AM
link   

It's time to Relocate Palestinians to Jordan: Two-thirds of Jordanians are already Palestinian

It's time to Relocate israelis to the US: many jews are already americans and they would fit in perfectly in hollywood, new york, and most of florida...

sound about right to you? just as right as the title implies IMHO

posted on Nov, 29 2011 @ 07:13 AM
link   
This thread feels like the one a few days ago from a guy in the UK advocating toppling the US govt.

Now the OP lives in the US, why are we advocating overthrowing a govt he clearly is not a part of?

I like to stir the pot now and then, but this?

posted on Nov, 29 2011 @ 10:57 AM
link   
Logically that would make good sense, however, realistically, and what everyone fails to realize, is that this a RELIGIOUS WAR.. The Dome of Rock or the Palestinian Holy Place, was built on top of Israel's sacred temple.. That's what this whole war between the two religious cultures has been about for thousands of years! Palestinians are NOT going to give up what they consider "their" land. And Israel's are not going to step aside and let them become a recognized state. In a perfect world, this would make sense
However, this is not nor ever will be the case when it come to the middle east and these two societies.

posted on Nov, 29 2011 @ 07:40 PM
link   

Originally posted by SpeachM1litant
Just as I said relocating Israel would be a rediculous preposition, so would this. There are many reasons for such.

Firstly, historically Israel has shared a special relationship with Jordan. In the region, amongst the Muslim states of the Middle East, the Hashemite regime has been the most co-operative and freindly towards Israel. It often colluded with Israel, which it sometimes received heavy criticism from the Arab league for. Jordan is in many respects Israels closest freind. However, this does not detract from the fact that the constitutional monarchy in Jordan is a terrible system of governance, and I would gladly support a peoples demonstration (or uprising) aimed to install more open or democratic governance. However, my support would be conditional on the fact that the opposition would be free from external influence.

It would be highly unlikely that Israel would support the overthrow of the Hashemite regime, as it would leave a destabilising power vaccums in Jordan open to fulfilment by radical (secular or Islamist) sects which could result in a hostile or un-coperative regime being installed to Israels detrement.

It is in the interest of Israel to ensure that they do not undermine the Hashemite regime (as much as I disagree with their dictatorial way) as it is in Israels interest to ensure stability amongst its borders. The Hashemite regime also established the second ever peace treaty with Israel in 1993. This was a historic moment. Unlike the cold-peace Israel established with Egypt, this peace was far more receptive even though amongst the Palestinians in Jordan it was unwelcome as it did not gaurantee them any sort of self-governance or sovereignty.

If the Palestinians were to take democratic control (or any control) over Jordan, this would still mean there is a large number of Palestinians in the West Bank. Jordan is not in any position to accept over 1,000,000 Palestinains. It cannot handle such an influx, economically, politically or socially. The states would be dramatically weakened resulting in less of a monopoly on force within the state meaning that violent and radical organisations could thrive in Jordan. There radical organisations would not only be deeply divided amongst themselves (i.e. Hamas vs Fatah) but they would also have varrying opinions on how to deal with Israel (i.e. Terrorism vs Diplomacy).

Not only would all this happen. But in esence no problem would be solved. The Palestinians would still lay claim to the West Bank and Gaza and the conflict would continue. I would love to see more democratic governance in Jordan, but to me this process must take an extended period of time and happen in a more orderly fashion (i.e. more like Egypt rather than Libya). What Israel needs to do on their part is be far more committed (i.e. more like Rabin rather than Netanyahu) to peace and diplomacy on their part. The Palestinains should do the same.

Thank you for your post. It seems many of these yahoo's don't have s*** for brains...

posted on Nov, 29 2011 @ 10:07 PM
link   
reply to post by arbiture

its the only logical thing. how long do you think two thirds of the country who are palestinian will accept the jordanian monarchy? or being second class citizens?

Come on wake up.
2 out of 3 jordanians are palestinian refugees or palestinian. It wasnt long ago before the PLO was allowed into israel that Arafat tried to overthrow the jordanian king. When he couldnt he set his eyes to israel...
edit on 29-11-2011 by CountDrac because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 30 2011 @ 12:12 AM
link   
How long? You really think these people wake up with a feeling of a time bomb ticking in their minds? That they're just going to snap and go against the monarchy? You make the King sound like Assad or Hitler.
These very "Palestinians" you talk about are actually 100% Jordanian, in terms of where they were born, what passport and national identity they hold.

These people love and support the King whether or not you want to believe it.
Second-class citizens? How ignorant can you get? If you're not properly educated about these matters, don't spew this bullsh*t out. I'm sorry but these people are JORDANIAN. They are not separated from the Jordanians, they aren't living in a different area. They aren't getting any different treatment, simply because no documentation supports they are from Palestine, except the fact that their ancestors are Palestinian.
The millions of younger generations (up-to their 40s) haven't even set foot in Palestine.

Jordan is a friend of Israel politically, and even though not one single Arab wouldn't want Israelis to go back and scatter to Europe again, this isn't going to happen. Thus, Jordan seeks a two-state solution.
The Palestinians (ones in Palestine) are sick and tired of the non-stop craziness, murders, deaths, rape, illegal settlements. They don't want any more wars, they don't want to fight Israel any more. They just want their own land back, their rights and their homes.

To you, it might just be figures and dates. But to each individual, they have lost numerous relatives and friends to war crimes committed by Israel, they have lost their homes, nationality and identity.

The events of Black September are largely condemned and considered to be an embarrassing blot in the history of Jordanian-Palestinian relations (and also Syrians). No one is proud of what happened, the PLO did not try to take over Jordan in order to form a Palestinian state and live there. You've got it all wrong my friend, they wanted to take over Jordan in order to wage war against Israel.

edit on 30/11/11 by ghash because: No reason

edit on 30/11/11 by ghash because: No reason

posted on Nov, 30 2011 @ 01:00 AM
link   

Originally posted by CountDrac
The Hashemite dynasty in Jordan is ripe for overthrow, and Israel should push it. Two-thirds of Jordanians are Palestinian, and Jordan is by all logic a Palestinian state.
The Jordanian dynasty is the lid on the simmering kettle of Jordan's Palestinian society. The Palestinian majority in Jordan resents its inadequate status. The dynasty relies increasingly on brute force and seeks both American guarantees and fundamentalist Islamic approval to shore itself up. That precarious balance will not last. If a Palestinian majority seizes power in Jordan, Israel should exploit the situation while she can.

Israel should re-evaluate the plan of establishing a Palestinian state in Jordan, reducing the Israeli-Palestinian dispute from Palestinian statehood to the inclusion of the West Bank in their state. A Palestinian state in Jordan could be viable, unlike an insultingly small state in the West Bank, and not the source of perpetual anti-Israeli sentiment among Palestinians.

I think thats the best solution since it will happen naturally anyway in the next decade. Why should the Palestinians have two states...
edit on 28-11-2011 by CountDrac because: (no reason given)

thats like shipping all of israelis to hollywood because all the jews are there already. world's a bit more complex than that lol.

posted on Nov, 30 2011 @ 01:59 AM
link   
Who were the leaders of all these nations during the Ottoman Empire ?

Or did the Ottomans have governors ?

Who installed the first leaders after the Ottomans ?

posted on Nov, 30 2011 @ 02:39 AM
link   
reply to post by ghash

"Terrible system of governance" isn't a fact but rather an opinion. It is my opinions. Everyones opinion is relative. I support a system that is not synonymous with dictatorial rule. Wether that rule is developmentalist or not, it does not bother me. However you condescending tone in rediculous. Appreciate your system of government, but also I suggest you should appreciate opposing opinions, especially when conveyed in a polite manner.

However, the most important lesson you should learn is not to make rash assumptions. I disagree with the system of governance which I am ruled by too. I think parlimentary democracy has many problems and in Australia there are many improvements we could make. I also believe you made the assumption that I am American, which I am not.
edit on 30-11-2011 by SpeachM1litant because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 30 2011 @ 03:31 AM
link   
reply to post by ghash

Hey Ghash, if you get past his distate for Kings, and quite frankly most places around the globe have this distaste at this point, he was on your team. You need to smoke some of that fine lebanese blonde and take it down a notch

posted on Nov, 30 2011 @ 06:20 AM
link   
I like how the OP has nothing to say now

posted on Nov, 30 2011 @ 07:15 AM
link   
reply to post by xuenchen

Strangely enough, Egypt does more than any nation however sometimes Hamas shuts the border. Even now if anyone wants to enter Gaza, you need to apply for a visa from Hamas (especially the reporters and outsiders). The reason for all this is so Hamas can control what goes out and what comes in to Gaza of which have limitations to what amount of goods you can take in....Hamas does'nt want the Gazans to make a profit, and it is Hamas that controls all the market places etc for $$$. Gazan businesses not owned by Hamas have to pay Hamas "protection" money.....just like the Italian Mafia.

The PA/Fatah has good relations with Jordan.

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join