It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

This is just cool, no clue what it is, but wow

page: 3
<< 1  2   >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 29 2011 @ 04:23 AM
link   
It's a smoke ring caused by a jet of uplifting air in the smoke just like a cigar smoker can do (remember Gandalf and Bilbo)

posted on Nov, 29 2011 @ 04:59 AM
link   

Originally posted by Lighterside
If you like this video in the OP you may like this post I made a few months back....

Toroidal Vortices Mistaken as UFO/USO's?

There's a video there showing some of what is shown in the OP's video, as well as some other interesting examples.

ETA
Oops, posted too soon, the same video can be seen above in Areyoupeopleinsane post, the video titled "Extraordinary Toroidal Vortices"

edit on 29-11-2011 by Lighterside because: (no reason given)

Agreed, that is very cool...the intelligence of the dolphins constantly amaze me.

posted on Nov, 29 2011 @ 05:08 AM
link   
Roger, wrong forum, sorry, will double check the location next time...

Okay, I can see both sides of this one....And thanks for the other links, yes, I find them very neat to view. If it is a natural thing, still neat to see what the earth can pop out, literally.....One thing that is not siting right with me though....I am still unsure why the air in the center of the mass is moving downward....Hot air rises, and smoke rings are made by the center air moving faster than the surrounding air. If this was coming out of a volcano, wouldn't the entire air mass be rising, granted at different speeds, but rising all the same? even that smoke ring example at the concert, the center air mass was moving upwards at a faster speed than the ring. I can buy it is natural, but would someone mind briefly clearing that one up for me?

posted on Nov, 29 2011 @ 05:33 AM
link   
That's pretty awesome!

Thanks for sharing this with us OP

But yea, most deff a smoke ring, be that a very cool one!

posted on Nov, 29 2011 @ 05:34 AM
link   

Originally posted by daggyz
It's a smoke ring caused by a jet of uplifting air in the smoke just like a cigar smoker can do (remember Gandalf and Bilbo)

But the questions is...

Who's smoking that BIG of a cigar???

jk jkkkk

posted on Nov, 29 2011 @ 05:40 AM
link   
Seriously looks self propogating toroidal action. Volcano gods smoke ring.

posted on Nov, 29 2011 @ 05:48 AM
link   

Originally posted by DaRAGE

LOL, thank you, could you be a tad more specific, i only had a few dozen credit hours in meteorology and that was mostly based around air pollution control....so this is a bit outside of my field.

posted on Nov, 29 2011 @ 07:05 AM
link   

Originally posted by Chamberf=6
Looks like a smoke ring or vapor ring...

Aliens or a UFO? I don't think so.

And we have a winner! It's a volcanic toroidal smoke ring.

posted on Dec, 2 2011 @ 04:11 AM
link   

Originally posted by pointr97

Originally posted by DaRAGE

LOL, thank you, could you be a tad more specific,

en.wikipedia.org...

In mathematics, a toroid is a doughnut-shaped object, such as an O-ring. Its annular shape is generated by revolving a plane geometrical figure about an axis external to that figure which is parallel to the plane of the figure and does not intersect the figure.[1] When a rectangle is rotated around an axis parallel to one of its edges, then a hollow cylinder (resembling a piece of straight pipe) is produced. If the revolved figure is a circle, then the surface of such an object is known as a torus.

Toroidal Vortex aka Torus/Torum

For the below video start at the 30 second mark
Extraordinary Toroidal Vortices made by Dolphins!!! Best Bubble rings ever!! And if you keep watching to the 2:13 mark you will see your volcano smoke torum

edit on 2-12-2011 by DaRAGE because: (no reason given)

top topics

<< 1  2   >>

join