It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

This is just cool, no clue what it is, but wow

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:
+4 more 
posted on Nov, 28 2011 @ 01:56 PM
link   
After watching this, I am at a loss for words to even come close to describing it....

posted on Nov, 28 2011 @ 01:57 PM
link   
reply to post by pointr97

And its in Aliens and UFO's because?

posted on Nov, 28 2011 @ 01:59 PM
link   
reply to post by franspeakfree

I would define that as a UFO(unidentified flying object)....unless you know what it is

link   
reply to post by franspeakfree

Obviously its in the air and unknown (to me and the poster)and could be an object

I starred and flagged cause its cool!

link   
Looks like a smoke ring or vapor ring...

Aliens or a UFO? I don't think so.

posted on Nov, 28 2011 @ 02:00 PM
link   

Its a smoke ring blown by a Volcano , hardly extraterrestrial or UFO , wrong forum me thinks

posted on Nov, 28 2011 @ 02:00 PM
link   
That's pretty interesting, I have no f*in clue what that is.

posted on Nov, 28 2011 @ 02:01 PM
link   

It's from a volcano. It even says so right in the you tube title for the video.

Here's another one...

edit on 28-11-2011 by webpirate because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 28 2011 @ 02:03 PM
link   
not sure, watched it a couple of times, there is distrubance around the object, the clouds around and under then get pushed downwards....smoke ring wouldn't cause that effect, it would be responding to the same atmospheric conditions as the clouds around it...Not making it's own.

If you think it is a simple volcano smoke ring, that is cool, just seems more substantial than that.
edit on 28-11-2011 by pointr97 because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 28 2011 @ 02:03 PM
link   

Originally posted by mileslong54
That's pretty interesting, I have no f*in clue what that is.

Really

Well here's another one for you .

posted on Nov, 28 2011 @ 02:11 PM
link   
reply to post by gortex

I am almost with you, but look at the 2:00 min mark, there actually looks like something structured rising out. But I can concede that it is just a smoke ring. Play hypothetical with me, it is over a volcano, there have been ufo sighting before major eruptions in the past. If an invisible ship was rising out after observation, it would be a considerably different temperature than the surrounding air. Which would cause rapid condensation, adding to the displacement of air which would cause a 'down-draft'.....not updraft which if this came from a volcano, the clouds would be going up, all of them. However, under that ring the clouds are clearly going back down, which is opposite of what thermodynamics suggests.

link   
smoke rings are cool.

I dont know how or why that would make you speechless

link   
I know what it really is, but it looks like a big sky jellyfish.

I've never seen this before, thanks for posting OP!

posted on Nov, 28 2011 @ 02:12 PM
link   
reply to post by webpirate

lol, I didn't even look at the title
So much for my attention to detail
still cool though

posted on Nov, 28 2011 @ 02:14 PM
link   

posted on Nov, 28 2011 @ 02:19 PM
link   
reply to post by calnorak

Yeah...it is a pretty cool phenom....

posted on Nov, 28 2011 @ 02:20 PM
link   
Oh my, the shear dismissive nature of people is baffling......I wanted to bring something to you, that was very 'odd'....So odd that:

"So strange, in fact, that only three have been documented: Two from Etna in 1970 and 2000, and another from Eyjafjallajokull in Iceland, in May 2010."

But the responses I have gotten have been, 'this is just another smoke ring'....Wow, witnessed three times, and that is common....Cool, got it.

Well, I am starting to swing back to that is an object rising out of the volcano, I have watched the air patterns again, and they are not acting in a manner that would suggest normal high temp to low temp thermal dispersion.

-for those that took this for what it was, "something odd, cool, and really neat to view" Kudos, that was my intention.
edit on 28-11-2011 by pointr97 because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 28 2011 @ 02:28 PM
link   

I think it's the fact that it's in the Aliens and UFO forum along with the title. People tend to....myself included at times go into auto debunk mode for anything in this forum.

Your absolutely correct though. This is a rarely seen and even more rarely photographed naturally occurring phenomenon from an erupting volcano.
Thanks for showing it to us!

posted on Nov, 28 2011 @ 02:34 PM
link   
Mt Ruapehu has been active for a while now. It erupted a few years back. Its a smoke ring and I can do it to but not as big

posted on Nov, 28 2011 @ 02:46 PM
link   

Originally posted by webpirate

It's from a volcano. It even says so right in the you tube title for the video.

Here's another one...

edit on 28-11-2011 by webpirate because: (no reason given)

It doesn't matter what facts you present. He has it set in his mind that this is an object "arising from the depths" of a freakin volcano. Smoke ring schmoke ring.

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3 >>

join