It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

A Message To Fellow hunters Stay Away From The New Game Attractant "Rebel Yell"

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Nov, 28 2011 @ 01:51 PM
link   
If you have or haven't heard about this new home brew called Rebel Yell here is a heads up for ya. It's being promoted as an all game attractant but was supposedly created for hogs. Well here is what I have learned from this junk. All it consists of is watered down vanilla. The creator of it will not post on his bottles what the ingredients are nor will he tell his users what is in it. Before I go on here let me share my findings.

I went through 4 bottles of this stuff in the only size available 2oz. With four bottles being used I had nothing moving on my land or any other area I hunt in. This stuff was used on a drag, used as droplets on the tree's, and used on my gear packs that I would take out in the field. Nothing followed my drag, and nothing came to my drag when I left it hanging in a tree. I have cameras on the drag for over two weeks, refreshed the drag every time I went to check the trail cams, and still nothing. While I was hunting with it I seen nothing moving anywhere. I spent many useless days up in my stand with my bow at the ready and had nothing moving about. While up in my stand I heard nothing moving about in the woods around me and seen nothing moving in my line of sight. As any hunter knows while up in your stand you can see for miles.

So I went back to my own ways that are tried and true methods that work. As soon as I got that junk Rebel Yell out of use, the deer came back as well as the other wild life, raccoon's, birds, hogs, and the turkeys. The wild life that I would normally see was now returning and my hunting season was back on track.

Now I would keep a watch on this guy who makes it his name is Toby Benoit. Here is what I have noticed, he uses old hunting photos from his past hunting experiences to promote his product that he has just began to market. He makes claims that he receives all this wonderful feedback from his buyers but I have not seen a actually user post anything about how wonderful this stuff worked for them. His so called pro-staff has not even provided anything that shows this stuff in use, and the creator has even lost one of his pro-staff members along the way. One of his pro-staff members willing left him and claimed it was because of being to busy to be a part of the team. I'm sure he lost the pro-staffer because his attractant is junk and the pro-staffer was smart enough not to have his name attached to the garbage. As for the creator he never even posts any of his hunts for this season he claims to hunt though. I do know that the creator was hunting on a private country club to rid them of their hog problem and only bagged one little pig and that was it. If this stuff worked so well then the back of his truck would of been filled with harvested hogs or what ever else he claims to hunt. If it was so good then it would be sold in stores and not some new seller on eBay trying to make a buck.

So fellow hunters beware! Don't waste your hard earned money on this junk. This stuff respells that game your trying to harvest. I'll try to upload a pic of what the product looks like for you fellow hunters, so you know what to look out for.

posted on Nov, 28 2011 @ 02:10 PM
link   
I can't upload a picture of the item so the only other thing I can do is share the eBay link. So here it is: www.ebay.com...

ALSO I KNOW THE MAN IN THE PICTURE THIS TOBY USED FOR HIS LISTING. I ALSO KNOW FOR A FACT THE PICTURE USED WAS STOLEN PROPERTY OF A FACEBOOK USER. THE PICTURE HE USED FOR THIS LISTING IS FALSE ADVERTISING AS WELL BECAUSE THE HUNTER PICTURED HERE IN THE LISTING WAS A PICTURE FROM LAST YEARS HUNTING SEASON AND MY FRIEND HERE DOES NOT USE THE PRODUCT. THE HUNTER HERE NEVER GAVE PERMISSION FOR HIS PHOTO TO BE USED FOR HIS LISTING THIS TOBY POSTED.

Needless to say my buddy just found out about this and is furious!!

posted on Nov, 28 2011 @ 02:15 PM
link   
reply to post by SouthernPride

The rebel yell was a battle cry used by Confederate soldiers during the American Civil War. Confederate soldiers would use the yell during charges to intimidate the enemy and boost their own morale.....

Wikipedia - Rebel Yell

Sounds like it's doing just what it's name implies. Keeping the enemy away.

Ssssssnakeoil !

posted on Nov, 28 2011 @ 02:23 PM
link   
Sometimes there is just no substitute for doing things the tried and true ways.
This is another example of societies intellectual genius thinking we can control everything we touch.

posted on Nov, 28 2011 @ 02:29 PM
link   

It was probably developed by PETA, you know they don't like us eating tasty animals.

P=People
E=Eating
T=Tasty
A=Animals

posted on Nov, 28 2011 @ 03:40 PM
link   

The seller has now changed the picture on their listing instead of acknowledged their mistake, either way the damage has been done and you can't cover up lies. What is hid in the darkness always come to light. Besides anyone who knows anything about eBay knows that a user can go back and look through your listing to see how many times you have edited it and can see what changes the seller has made. So nothing is being hidden or covered up. Nice one but you sure have a lot to learn.

At least other fellow hunters wont be ripped off!

posted on Nov, 28 2011 @ 04:10 PM
link   
Give me the good old day's with "Deer Cocaine" couldnt beet them off with a stick

posted on Nov, 28 2011 @ 04:24 PM
link   
reply to post by ga-`tv-gi

Amen to that!!!!

posted on Nov, 28 2011 @ 04:41 PM
link   
I love how a fellow so called hunter thinks a vanilla water base mixture is something hunters will buy. If it was something so revolutionary then this would of already been a marketed item on the shelf to buy at all of our favorite retailers. Come on this idiot isn't the only person out there to say hey what's in the kitchen that I can use to attract a big buck. The only thing it would attract is bee's. So far this guy is the first idiot to try to take advantage of the fellow hunters hard earned money. Word of mouth will not allow that to happen, and yes it is the best advice.

posted on Nov, 28 2011 @ 05:15 PM
link   
nothing beats Tinks 69!

posted on Nov, 28 2011 @ 07:41 PM
link   
reply to post by azbowhunter

Your right about that, it sure is good stuff!!!

posted on Nov, 28 2011 @ 07:52 PM
link   
Checked his ebay site to see if he hijacked any hunting photos of mine from Facebook...... Nope... But his Feedback is all positive about shipping, etc nothing about how it works. And he has been a member for only alittle over a month.

I will stick with my tried and true hog bait....got LOTS of TX hogs this way.
--fill 5-gallon bucket half way with deer corn
--add water till bucket 3/4 full
--stir in 2 packets of strawberry koolaid mix (or a bit of diesel fuel instead)
--cover for at least 3 days leaving lid partially open

Dump on ground at least 50 yards from stand to avoid stinkin yourself out, sit back and wait, Start Shootin'

posted on Nov, 28 2011 @ 08:19 PM
link   
Hey turn lemons into lemonaide. Now you have a sure fire animal repellent for your garden if you have one?
edit on 28-11-2011 by proob4 because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 28 2011 @ 10:05 PM
link   
reply to post by worldoneggshells

Yeah he has been reported and went and changed things up since I he has been publicly brought out into the open. There is good old fashioned going on on another forum. The only thing that matters most is that others are aware of how easy the simplest of things can be taken form an individual, and that no one else is going to be taken advantage of. As for me I'm sticking to what I know works and buy from companies that have earned my trust.

As for your recipe it works well. We use a similar one for hogs and only has a few more goodies than yours does. Here is the mix we use:
1- 5 gallon bucket with a tight fitting lid
3 cans of cheap beer
1 package of powder kool aid cherry or grape flavor
1 40 pond bag of corn ( you will have some left over for later)
1 cup of molasses
2-3 gallons of water
Sun exposure

How to make the bait:

Take the 5 gallon bucket and fill it about three quarters full of corn, and then add the two cans of beer. Next add the kool aid packet, the one cup of molasses, and then fill remaining space with water. Now mix everything together and then seal up the bucket. You will want to make sure you really have that lid sealed tightly and may want o use some good old duck tape to keep that lid on. Next thing you do is leave that bucket sit in a nice sunny spot for 3 to 5 days. It’s best to let the bucket sit in a spot that gets direct sun throughout the day for best fermentation to take place. Once the mix is done curing dig a circular hole in the ground, you want the bucket only to have 1 to 3 inches of the top above ground level. Once in place remove lid and let them hogs go wild.

posted on Nov, 28 2011 @ 10:42 PM
link   
I dunno about this product, I don't really use anything when i hunt, just climb a tree and wait ya know? But, my father used to take a bottle of vanilla and cut a hole in the bottom which he plugged with a ball of cotton, he would hang it from a tree near by his stand. He always swore by it, that and a drag of doe urine.

Also, of an interesting note, my crazy uncle Bobby swore that he killed more deer if he himself pee'd on the base of the tree his stand was in before he started hunting..... of course Bobby is a drunk, but maybe he could have bottled his own deer attractant.

Drunk man urine? Watered down vanilla? really, what's the difference?

posted on Nov, 28 2011 @ 11:59 PM
link   

Originally posted by Jermicide
I dunno about this product, I don't really use anything when i hunt, just climb a tree and wait ya know? But, my father used to take a bottle of vanilla and cut a hole in the bottom which he plugged with a ball of cotton, he would hang it from a tree near by his stand. He always swore by it, that and a drag of doe urine.

Also, of an interesting note, my crazy uncle Bobby swore that he killed more deer if he himself pee'd on the base of the tree his stand was in before he started hunting..... of course Bobby is a drunk, but maybe he could have bottled his own deer attractant.

Drunk man urine? Watered down vanilla? really, what's the difference?

that might be the difference.

posted on Nov, 29 2011 @ 07:46 AM
link   
reply to post by Jermicide

I am rolling over laughing drunk mans urine!!! Too funny and yes what is the difference? You never know this creator may have just added some of that to his list of ingredients as well. He wont label what the ingredients are so you never know.

edit on 29-11-2011 by SouthernPride because: (no reason given)

top topics

join