It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Urine-Activated Video Games (Men Only)

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 28 2011 @ 01:39 PM
link   
This definitely gives a knew meaning to " streaming video, " LOL...The system is being initiated at bars and nightclubs throughout the U.K..Wonder if this technology will be used to collect personal health information on participants?

Source

Giving new meaning to the phrase “streaming video,” Captive Media has produced the first “hands-free urinal videogame,” which is now being unveiled in bars and clubs in the United Kingdom. With foot-long LCD screens mounted above specially-crafted urinals, the games utilize a patented contact-less sensor unit that can track the heat and movement of a user’s urine stream. Gamers will eventually have a choice of contests to choose from, like the “On the Piste” skiing game and the “Clever Dicks” quiz.

edit on 28-11-2011 by Daedal because: spelling

posted on Nov, 28 2011 @ 01:42 PM
link   
reply to post by Daedal

Men only? Can't the ladies buy a special adapter?

ETA It sounds like a super-duper digital version of the decals they started applying to urinals years ago to ensure that the men piss inside the pot. I can imagine that if they install these in pub/bar toilets that it might not be such a good idea if too much movement is involved, people being not so steady on their feet and all.

edit on 28/11/11 by LightSpeedDriver because: ETA

posted on Nov, 28 2011 @ 01:46 PM
link   
reply to post by Daedal

LOL when we were kids we would cross pee in the bogs... Things have come a long way since then...

posted on Nov, 28 2011 @ 01:48 PM
link   
reply to post by purplemer

Maybe I watched too many movies but I always thought it was dangerous to cross the streams!
Not to mention I can't pee if someone is within earshot...

posted on Nov, 28 2011 @ 01:51 PM
link   
UK comes up with the most wildest inventions.

posted on Nov, 28 2011 @ 01:57 PM
link   
Lol yeah this is gonna be fun after a few pints

Edit - Found a video...

edit on 28-11-2011 by lifttheveil because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 28 2011 @ 02:02 PM
link   
reply to post by Daedal

Strange to me how men never seem to get past playing with their pee! They stay little boy like in so many ways! very strange...

posted on Nov, 28 2011 @ 02:10 PM
link   
I can see those getting trashed or stolen pretty quick. Then there is always the drunken idiot that pees on the screen. They need to mount the screens so you're looking straight at it and not down where your neighbors peter is going to be.

After watching the video with the ski run, people are going to be so focused on the game that they're gonna end up going to the left or right too much and peeing on somebody or making a mess.
edit on 28-11-2011 by mileslong54 because: (no reason given)

edit on 28-11-2011 by mileslong54 because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 28 2011 @ 02:12 PM
link   
. . .

Yeah.... I think I'll just stick to normal urinals. If I'm standing there long enough to play a game, something is wrong, and I need to see a doctor.

The technology is neat... the application is creative.... the end result is... weird.

posted on Nov, 28 2011 @ 02:13 PM
link   
Mens public urinals are not a place you want to be lingering long enough to play a game, if you stay that long you might actually have to breath in there and thats a big problem

posted on Nov, 28 2011 @ 02:16 PM
link   
The Brits can "Piss-off" with this one.

That is "Bloody" stupid.

posted on Nov, 28 2011 @ 02:17 PM
link   
Haha ! Why men only ?? This could be great for women to practice kegal exercises !

posted on Nov, 28 2011 @ 02:21 PM
link   
We've come a long way from writting our name in the snow...

posted on Nov, 28 2011 @ 02:23 PM
link   
I will always enjoy targeting the cigarette butts in the urinals though.
I also make games out of power spraying the stains off the toilets in public restrooms. No technology can replace the classics.

posted on Nov, 28 2011 @ 02:50 PM
link   
It's definatly time to start coding some urinal games.

Hmmm Urinal MMO... That would be hehehe... Draining!

Wonder how this will blow over? I think this actually encourages someone to drink more, would you think?
edit on 28-11-2011 by theRhenn because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 28 2011 @ 02:50 PM
link   
I actually find this ridiculous.

It's bad enough that when I go to most restrooms I'm forced to look at an ad for some random crap merchandise six inches in front of my nose, now they want me to stick around and try to get a high score?

I don't think so. I have video games I play, but it's not with other dudes in the bathroom. Every guy knows the unwritten rules of the bathroom, so why violate them just to play a game?

No thanks, I'll just do what I came in to do in the first place, go to the bathroom, and leave.

King

posted on Nov, 28 2011 @ 07:11 PM
link   
Rkelly is someone shedding real tears over this.

Simply beautiful.

posted on Nov, 29 2011 @ 06:15 AM
link   
reply to post by Char-Lee

Freud's response to your post.

----

OT: The bathroom is not for playing games. People prefer to go there, do their business and leave - especially public rest rooms.
edit on 29/11/2011 by Dark Ghost because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 29 2011 @ 06:31 AM
link   
Brilliant
and it'll certainly keeps my eyes facing forwards and save me accidentally looking at the bloke standing next to me and then getting all paranoid he thought I was looking at his willy.

*shudders at those moments when you accidentally meet eyes with another bloke while going for a pee*

posted on Nov, 29 2011 @ 07:42 AM
link   
How low of an attention span does this generation have? They need to play games while peeing too?

top topics

<<   2 >>

join