It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Woman Arrested For 'Racist' Rant On Tram

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 28 2011 @ 02:23 PM
link   
Also just noticed that she starts to call that black woman she's arguing with a N****r and then changes it to Nicaragua....

At least she had the sense to not go there...

posted on Nov, 28 2011 @ 02:23 PM
link   

Originally posted by Domo1
reply to post by gimme_some_truth

I have, on numerous occasions gone up to someone and said F you. I've said far, far worse. I have probably called people every word under the sun, and then some.

Wonderful.

She made no threats, and it's on the passengers if they felt threatened.

Absolute nonsense.

She said those horrible, racist and hateful thing's. If the passengers felt threatened it's because of her, not them. And yes she did act in a threatening way still. Try reading Gimme's last post. *

The only person acting threatening was the black kid behind her.

Can you blame him for becoming upset? Absolutely not. She was way out of line with what she was saying. It has no place anywhere.
edit on 28-11-2011 by Rising Against because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 28 2011 @ 02:24 PM
link   

Originally posted by blupblup
Also just noticed that she starts to call that black woman she's arguing with a N****r and then changes it to Nicaragua....

At least she had the sense to not go there...

LOL I just think she was confused, and couldn't get the word out she wanted to say. I'd guess she's not the brightest crayon in the box.

posted on Nov, 28 2011 @ 02:24 PM
link   

I have, on numerous occasions gone up to someone and said F you. I've said far, far worse. I have probably called people every word under the sun, and then some. She made no threats, and it's on the passengers if they felt threatened. The only person acting threatening was the black kid behind her.

Wow I bet they were smaller than you, make you feel like a man for walking up to someone and saying "F*** You"?
Maybe we British are a tad more polite than you and we don't accept this type of behavior.
Like I said she has disturbed the peace and has been arrested for breaking the Law.
It is nothing to do with free speech, she could put her views across in many other way's but has chosen to rant at people just going home from work.

posted on Nov, 28 2011 @ 02:25 PM
link   
reply to post by ANOK

Hmmm.... I thought that the first time round but If you watch again, I'm not so sure.
I think someone catches it and says something too... hard to tell.

I think she was gonna say "Go back to some N****r country" or something and you can tell she JUST stops herself.

Seriously, I'm pretty sure... watch it a few times.
edit on 28/11/11 by blupblup because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 28 2011 @ 02:25 PM
link   

2 Penalty for being drunk while in charge of child. (1)If any person is found drunk in any highway or other public place, whether a building or not, or on any licensed premises, while having the charge of a child apparently under the age of seven years, he may be apprehended, and shall, if the child is under that age, be liable, on summary conviction, to a fine not exceeding [F1level 2 on the standard scale], or to imprisonment, . . . F2 for any period not exceeding one month.

www.legislation.gov.uk...

posted on Nov, 28 2011 @ 02:27 PM
link   
reply to post by Sherlock Holmes

There were several laws broken by that woman.

posted on Nov, 28 2011 @ 02:28 PM
link   
Anyone notice how this thread was posted way after THIS thread, but this thread got way more stars and responses based on the racist spin it put on this...

ATS, I still have faith in you! But c'mon...

posted on Nov, 28 2011 @ 02:28 PM
link   

Originally posted by ANOK
That is not freedom of speech, period.

That is a hate fueled rant, and should not be accepted by anyone. That is the sort of crap that will cause freedom of speech to be taken away.

If you think people should be allowed to rant on people like that in public, then I'm going to guess you agree with her. That is my 'freedom of speech'.

She is a typically confused angry citizen who can't see that immigrants, or even native none-whites, are not the cause of her problems. They're just an easy scapegoat.

but just why are all those foreigners here? A better life maybe? I suspect that's what she wants, her bills are going up,. She probably can't get adequate housing or she may feel alone in her own community, she may have been a victim of crime, she may once have loved her country , she may be wondering just how did it get like this, on a tram she can't afford surrounded by people talking in foreign languages, and then she considers her childrens future....... Who else is she going to blame?
The bilderburgs? Tony blair? Who else is responsible for her problems?

posted on Nov, 28 2011 @ 02:29 PM
link   
weird.
edit on 28-11-2011 by Domo1 because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 28 2011 @ 02:30 PM
link   

Originally posted by CREAM
Anyone notice how this thread was posted way after THIS thread, but this thread got way more stars and responses based on the racist spin it put on this...

ATS, I still have faith in you! But c'mon...

Racist "spin"?

Both threads have "Racist/racism" in the title... I don't see spin in either one.

posted on Nov, 28 2011 @ 02:31 PM
link   

There were several laws broken by that woman.

Yeah, but at least the pious, holier-than-thou people attempting to take the high ground on ''freedom of speech'' can see that, regardless of what she said, she still committed the offence of being drunk whilst in charge of a young child.

edit on 28-11-2011 by Sherlock Holmes because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 28 2011 @ 02:32 PM
link   

Originally posted by allintoaccount
but just why are all those foreigners here? A better life maybe? I suspect that's what she wants, her bills are going up,. She probably can't get adequate housing or she may feel alone in her own community, she may have been a victim of crime, she may once have loved her country , she may be wondering just how did it get like this, on a tram she can't afford surrounded by people talking in foreign languages, and then she considers her childrens future....... Who else is she going to blame?
The bilderburgs? Tony blair? Who else is responsible for her problems?

"Who else is responsible for her problems?"

Not innocent civilians. Plenty of blame to go around, but not on the working class people on the bus.

If you don't agree with immigration, FINE, but don't blame the civilians, blame the government and do something about it.

Racism is NOT the answer.

link   
I feel sorry for her. Genuinely - as somebody mentioned it's a lack of education and an absorption of the bombardment of fear campaigns by various media outlets. Her head has been crammed with fear and rubbish.

Sad thing is - This video will just divide people more and more.

link   
reply to post by ANOK

In answer to your question, yes, I would support your right, even in front of my friends and family, for you to say and be insulting to me. As long as you did not get violent, then I would not have a problem with such, as it is just words.

Having been in customer service for a long time, I have heard it all, been insulted many times, have had the F bomb dropped on my by upset people, even told where to go on a few occasions and ultimately I just shrugged it off, if anyone chooses to follow the old saying and remove all doubt.

I support said speech, as a matter of principle, no greater love of the law do I have than when I am willing to support even the most vile of person all for the sake of the law. If I did not, if I jumped on the lets ban this speech or that, then I would be guilty of hypocrisy, and could not look at myself in the mirror every morning.

Lets just say I even support the WBC’s right to speak as they do. But as they have the right to the freedom of speech, as anyone in any country that has that freedom, then we have the right to ignore the person and move on.

I bring up the question as to what the underlying cause, as it does serve a point to follow, while some would disagree, many people are decent, and do not do such out in public, save a few who are well way out there. And there has to be a reason for the outburst, where decency is thrown out the window. So I would question as to what all is going on in this persons life where she is willing and has been arrested for her outburst, willing to risk being thrown in jail or have a criminal record, and it is just one person, or something far greater that is on everyone’s mind.

There comes a point where PC can be offensive, and people just get tired of having to follow all of the PC rules that are out there, on what you can and can not say, what is acceptable one day is not the next, how one group can say one thing, but not another group, cause then it is racist or insulting. Gets confusing in the long run.

posted on Nov, 28 2011 @ 02:33 PM
link   

I have, on numerous occasions gone up to someone and said F you. I've said far, far worse. I have probably called people every word under the sun, and then some. She made no threats, and it's on the passengers if they felt threatened. The only person acting threatening was the black kid behind her.

You calling people names does not make it right or legal though Domo,come on, you know I am right.

She did make threats.

When she was daring people to throw her off, you and I both know it was a " watch what happens to you" kind of statement. That was a threat.

It is not on the people who felt threatened, by any means. People should not have to feel threatened on a train like that. They felt threatened because she was threatening.

and still, lets throw away the threat stuff for a moment. She was also verbally assaulting people and causing a public disturbance. Both are against the law, Domo.

Sorry, but there is no justification for her behavior and I do understand why she was arrested.
edit on 28-11-2011 by gimme_some_truth because: (no reason given)

link   
reply to post by Sherlock Holmes

Very true... good point.

It's funny isn't it, these people always want to defend racist speech like this, protect ignorant, racist, xenophobic morons.

Odd that.

link   

I think she was gonna say "Go back to some N****r country" or something and you can tell she JUST stops herself.

Seriously, I'm pretty sure... watch it a few times.

OK, I just listened again, and I think you were right the first time. I should have listened again before I opened my mouth lol.

posted on Nov, 28 2011 @ 02:34 PM
link   

Racist "spin"?

Both threads have "Racist/racism" in the title... I don't see spin in either one.

No, you missed my point. OP in that thread condemned the women. OP in this thread didn't think she should have gotten arrested and thought what she did was just free speech.

Edit - also OP's title put "Racist" in quotations in the thread title implying that the rant was not racist, when it obviously was.
edit on 28-11-2011 by CREAM because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 28 2011 @ 02:35 PM
link   
reply to post by Domo1

After watching the video, which is a tough watch for someone who has a low tolerance for bigoted stupidity, I have to say I'm disappointed to realize you weren't being sarcastic in your original post.

While I would agree that bigoted stupidity is (and should be) protected as free speech, that's not all this is. Maybe it starts out that way, but it quickly becomes verbal assault, directed towards a trapped audience in a small public space. That is definitely not free speech, and never should be. She endangered the safety of everyone on that train car through her continued aggressiveness, and she directly threatened at least one passenger with physical harm ("F-- you; I f--in' dare you [to throw me off the tram]").

I'm all for freedom of speech and thought, and I'm willing to concede that there's a part of this story we're not getting (i.e. what happened before the video started), but it really bothers me that you're perverting the concept of free speech to argue that it protects verbal assault.

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join