It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Woman Arrested For 'Racist' Rant On Tram

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 28 2011 @ 02:05 PM
link   
reply to post by Domo1

I just watched half the video (I'd rather watch no more of that nonsense) and wow, I can't believe you're actually trying to defend that woman. That's amazing. She's saying horrible, racist and hateful thing's which are clearly upsetting those around her and she's also quite clearly drunk (which you're blind if you can't see - being drunk on the tube is also an arrest-able offence here as well as far as I know) and with a child at the same time.

Thank goodness she was arrested is what I say. It's the very least she deserves for that kind of idiotic and hateful behavior.

Also, the majority of people from the UK seem to support having online 'bullies' arrested. Just a pathetic mess over there.

lol, my god. Think about what you're actually saying here. I went through a great deal of bullying myself, so the more measures put in place to stop it happening, the better. It has no place anywhere, not in real life nor online..
edit on 28-11-2011 by Rising Against because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 28 2011 @ 02:07 PM
link   
reply to post by gimme_some_truth

I always like you even when we don't agree.

Did she actually threaten anyone? If so I missed it. Threatening someone is of course an offense where I can see an arrest being made. Watch idiots claim that we have no free speech because we can't threaten people now... Oh wait, a few already did.

I think the woman is a complete fool, and I pity that poor child but unless she actually threatened someone I see no reason why she should be arrested.

posted on Nov, 28 2011 @ 02:08 PM
link   

Originally posted by Domo1
Don't exercise your rights, the government will just take them away!

Nobody has a ''right'' to free speech, if that speech can reasonably be proved to incite or exacerbate a situation.

As previously mentioned, an American can't advocate the assassination of their POTUS ( well, unless they want to be held for 10+ years in an orange jumpsuit and with no trial
). In fact, this woman's actions would also not be covered by the American laws on ''free speech'', as it could easily be argued that she committed the ''fighting words'' offence in that country.

posted on Nov, 28 2011 @ 02:09 PM
link   

I see no reason why she should be arrested.

Causing a public disturbance is grounds for arrest anywhere isn't it?

posted on Nov, 28 2011 @ 02:10 PM
link   
Right Domo, think of it like this.

You're at an 'all you can eat' buffet. You go to this buffet, and pay your £6, and you start eating. You end up having 2 helpings, and want to go back for more, this turns into 5 helpings, to 7, and so on, and during this time the staff would of probably of asked you to leave, as you are not complying with their 'fair use' policy.

Same goes with free speech. There is a 'fair use' policy, and unfortunately this woman had far too many helpings.

link   
reply to post by Sherlock Holmes

Read the post above yours and get back to me.

link   
reply to post by Domo1

That woman is an absolute disgrace.... she is a stupid, racist, disgusting excuse for a human being.
She should have been arrested and I hope she gets prosecuted.... I'm glad idiots like her are in the minority, who the **** does she think she is?

If I was female and I was on that bus... and she didn't have that kid in her arms, I would have slapped the **** out of her.

Honestly... she epitomises EVERYTHING that is wrong with a racist, stupid, ignorant person.

Honestly... that has pissed me off... she is a bitch.

Those people on the tram showed restraint and good on them, her kind of pathetic, archaic, ignorant, racist and xenophobic attitude is at least in the minority in the UK and the US.... but still, this just reminds you how lucky we are that we don't have more like this silly cow.

:shk:

posted on Nov, 28 2011 @ 02:13 PM
link   

reply to post by sdcigarpig

Well put. So lets say I hate black people. It offends me when people are not racist. Everyone should be arrested if they show any sort of kindness/acceptance to blacks!

Slippery slope. UK is a joke. The people are a joke. More worried about offending someone than being able to speak your minds. Also, the majority of people from the UK seem to support having online 'bullies' arrested. Just a pathetic mess over there.

Hold on Bud I take offense at this, you say we are a joke and we the British people are a joke?
Sounds racist to me.
Have you been to the UK? Have you lived here? well I for one hope that you never do.
Also if someone is bullying someone else and the person kill's herself Yes I agree arrest that person.
edit on 28-11-2011 by boymonkey74 because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 28 2011 @ 02:14 PM
link   

I always like you even when we don't agree.

Did she actually threaten anyone? If so I missed it. Threatening someone is of course an offense where I can see an arrest being made. Watch idiots claim that we have no free speech because we can't threaten people now... Oh wait, a few already did.

I think the woman is a complete fool, and I pity that poor child but unless she actually threatened someone I see no reason why she should be arrested.

Can you really watch that video and tell me that no one on that train felt threatened by her words and behavior?

Daring people to throw her off the train( As if to say she would hurt anyone that tried), saying F you to people...yes she was threatening people.

Verbal assault does not fall under free speech. You cannot go up to a person and say " Hey, F you" and then claim free speech.Assault is not protected by free speech. Period.

Bottom line, she was disturbing the peace, verbally assaulting others and yes, people were threatened. I do understand the arrest,though I agree it may be a bit much.
edit on 28-11-2011 by gimme_some_truth because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 28 2011 @ 02:14 PM
link   
Do we know why this rant began? The video seems to begin 'in medias res'. Did she really just get on the tram and start mouthing off, or was there a provocation? I'm not condoning whatsoever, but some context would be nice. People say all kinds of awful things when they feel threatened or nervous.

posted on Nov, 28 2011 @ 02:15 PM
link   
she is right, she has lost her Britain. but she was racist.
ok she lost it but so do a lot people. She should have not been arrested for anything other than disturbing the peace.

I understand where she is coming from, all I repeat ALL the people I know are absolutely fed up with foreignors coming here without paying a penny in tax and receiving Free healthcare;Free housing; free money; free food mostly at the expense of the indigenous people of these islands.
the .BBC says that the uk will have 70million inhabitants by 2020, 43 percent of the rise is due to immigration, however that is a lie. As white british couples have on average only 1.6 children and its been that way for 25years. Our population should be going down not up.. So 100percent of the increase is down to immigrants. Why are they lieing?
Why on t.v. Programs purporting to the riots do they show predominantly white manchester youths when they were a tiny minority of the rioters?
Britian has been sold down the swanny....... No one voted for half a million immigrants a year to come here-and that is just the ones we know about.
A majority of the immigrants have no loyalty to the u.k and are only here like opportunistic thieves and we the guilty, evil horrible british just say yeah , go for it, we are just like the the other indigenous peoples of the world- nothing at all.

This woman is only stating what most of us indigenous; who have not been brainwashed, really think about the theft of our land and heritage.

posted on Nov, 28 2011 @ 02:15 PM
link   
reply to post by ShedAlert

What's that weird character before the number six in you post? Also, I appreciate your example but to me (as an American) fair use policy falls into copyright law (I may be off here too lazy to Google). If the buffet owner attempted to kick me out after advertising all you can eat I would sue (well I actually wouldn't).

posted on Nov, 28 2011 @ 02:16 PM
link   
reply to post by FOXMULDER147

Perhaps someone commented on the foul stench of alcohol coming from her direction while she attempted to hold on to her child while swaying and staggering down the bus?

Just a thought.

The woman is an embarrassment.

link   
reply to post by ShedAlert

If we do not support a person who states such, even in that time frame where it is highly inappropriate, then we neither deserve or want the freedom of speech.

Reality is that at sometime, some one is going to get offended by what someone said. That is a fact of the modern world. How we deal with it, dictates the nature of the people and the laws of the land.

Personally, while her speech is distasteful, I would back her 100% to state such, no matter who was around or who go offended, cause that is the correct action to do. I may not agree with her statements, but she should have the right to speak her mind, and say, and follow the spirit of the freedom of speech. If not then it is just a farce and no one is truly safe to speak or say anything. Today it is speech like this, will tomorrow stop the government from banning the use of some words, or even ideas? Censorship starts with restriction of speech and then quickly spirals out of control.

link   

Originally posted by boymonkey74

reply to post by sdcigarpig

Well put. So lets say I hate black people. It offends me when people are not racist. Everyone should be arrested if they show any sort of kindness/acceptance to blacks!

Slippery slope. UK is a joke. The people are a joke. More worried about offending someone than being able to speak your minds. Also, the majority of people from the UK seem to support having online 'bullies' arrested. Just a pathetic mess over there.

Hold on Bud I take offense at this, you say we are a joke and we the British people are a joke?
Sounds racist to me.
Have you been to the UK? Have you lived here? well I for one hope that you never do.

It's called having manners. I don't think he understands.

-------------

We do have freedom of speech but when speech intentionally causes offence there are laws there to diffuse the situation or prosecute the offending individual.

We all get pee'd off at times, but you don't rant like she did causing such a scene.

Most Brits find her rant offensive. not only on the racist cr*p she spouted but the way she acted.
edit on 28-11-2011 by JonoEnglish because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 28 2011 @ 02:19 PM
link   

I have, on numerous occasions gone up to someone and said F you. I've said far, far worse. I have probably called people every word under the sun, and then some. She made no threats, and it's on the passengers if they felt threatened. The only person acting threatening was the black kid behind her.

posted on Nov, 28 2011 @ 02:20 PM
link   

Originally posted by sdcigarpig
Personally, while her speech is distasteful, I would back her 100% to state such, no matter who was around or who go offended, cause that is the correct action to do.

So if I started yelling at you, dropping F bombs, and telling you to get out of my country, you wouldn't be upset by that? You wouldn't feel like slapping me around? You would support my right of 'free speech' to call you every nasty word under the sun in public, in front of your friends and family?

Really?

posted on Nov, 28 2011 @ 02:20 PM
link   
reply to post by Domo1

I read the your post above mine, and refer you to my previous comment.

She is clearly inciting racial hatred, at one point telling that lady in front of her to ''go back to n-i-g-g-e-r-agua'' ( or at least I think that's what she says ). If those aren't ''fighting words'', then I don't know what are.

The law on ''fighting words'' in the US state words ''that by their very utterance inflict injury or tend to incite an immediate breach of the peace'' are against the law. Clearly this woman's conduct violated that law, if she had acted this way in the USA.

There's even a moment in the clip when a young black man in a woolly hat gets up, seemingly to remonstrate with her, only to be placated by another passenger.

posted on Nov, 28 2011 @ 02:21 PM
link   

Originally posted by conspiracy nut
the english had no problem when they colonized half the world now people most likely from those very countries they once colonized are living in england and people like this lady have a problem with it??? what goes around comes around...

It was a good job it was the english and not the japanese that colonized the world, you should learn to count your blessings.

posted on Nov, 28 2011 @ 02:23 PM
link   

I have, on numerous occasions gone up to someone and said F you. I've said far, far worse. I have probably called people every word under the sun, and then some. She made no threats, and it's on the passengers if they felt threatened. The only person acting threatening was the black kid behind her.

Ridiculous. People can feel threatened by loud voices, let alone loud voices spewing hate.

Threats are not just physical actions. F you is a threat.

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join