It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Woman Arrested For 'Racist' Rant On Tram

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 28 2011 @ 01:50 PM
link   

Originally posted by sdcigarpig
reply to post by ShedAlert

But that is exactly the kind of person we should support, and back when it comes to the freedom of speech. Oh it is easy to say we should ban the freedom of speech when it comes to something we do not like, or find distasteful, but what if comes to mind.

What if you said something that someone else did not like, would you be so willing to have your freedom of speech curbed and prevented, all cause you offended someone with what you may have stated?

The best defense of such a freedom is to defend that which we find the most distasteful, knowing that it ultimately protects all of us.

While what she stated was very distasteful and pretty much out in left field, there are other questions that must be asked and should be asked, as to why she was going off on people? After all is there some underlying cause to her behavior? Most normal people do not go off on rants like that, even those who are racist and bigoted, tend to be a bit more reserved. So the question is what is causing her to do this?
What, we should support some discriminative woman, insulting passengers on a train, who holds no knowledge of what she is even speaking about?

This is a civil society, this type of behavior cannot be justified. There were children on that train, and going by how that person behind her acted at around the minute mark, things could of turned ugly.

Also, just because we do not know what caused this, no matter how significant or trivial it was, it does not justify her actions.

posted on Nov, 28 2011 @ 01:50 PM
link   
reply to post by Domo1

"So lets say I hate black people. It offends me when people are not racist. Everyone should be arrested if they show any sort of kindness/acceptance to blacks!"

Why would you have laws to help promote hate and discrimination? That makes zero sense. But of course reason and logic is not your cup of tea.

I disklike fools on online forums who spread hate and discrimination . a.k.a domo1 . Lets go to his house and arrest him ?

Nah i would be just as ugly as you

posted on Nov, 28 2011 @ 01:51 PM
link   

Originally posted by yourboycal2

Originally posted by Domo1

disturbing the peace

child abuse

wreckless endangerment of a child (if the mob got ugly)

spreading hate and discrimination

yup seems to fit the checklist for an arrest.

Sure you can speak your mind , but some people speak there minds to the point it falls out of their brains and causes a public nusence.

Justified.

Pathetic. Hate and discrimination should be legal. She never endangered her child and certainly wasn't abusing him.

Hate and discrimnation should be legal ? right..

Never endangered her child ? What would happen if it turned into a mob beating because of her big mouth?

Oh that doesn't count.

All that profanity = child abuse. Including hers and other children around them. Negativity like that is nothing short of child abuse..

but people like you don't look at the bigger picture or understand the basics of it .

Kinda willy wonka world do i live in

Profanity is not child abuse. If the people on the train with her got violent because she was SPEAKING that's on them. Hate and discrimination SHOULD BE LEGAL. You advocate making thoughts illegal?

posted on Nov, 28 2011 @ 01:52 PM
link   
reply to post by yourboycal2

You've already insulted me personally at least twice. Think about that for a minute. If we were on a train instead of a forum you could be arrested.

posted on Nov, 28 2011 @ 01:52 PM
link   
reply to post by Domo1

So she should be, absolute foul way to talk about other human beings, i have foreign friends and work with foreign people, they are proberly more hardworking and well mannered then the jeremy kyle rejects on the doll imho.

posted on Nov, 28 2011 @ 01:53 PM
link   
reply to post by 8ILlBILl8

You cannot compare the context of the internet to real life. And again, this is a civil society, if everybody went about saying what they want like this woman, and you were involved, I can guarantee you'd change your mind.

posted on Nov, 28 2011 @ 01:53 PM
link   

disturbing the peace

child abuse

wreckless endangerment of a child (if the mob got ugly)

spreading hate and discrimination

yup seems to fit the checklist for an arrest.

Sure you can speak your mind , but some people speak there minds to the point it falls out of their brains and causes a public nusence.

Justified.

Pathetic. Hate and discrimination should be legal. She never endangered her child and certainly wasn't abusing him.

Hate and discrimnation should be legal ? right..

Never endangered her child ? What would happen if it turned into a mob beating because of her big mouth?

Oh that doesn't count.

All that profanity = child abuse. Including hers and other children around them. Negativity like that is nothing short of child abuse..

but people like you don't look at the bigger picture or understand the basics of it .

Kinda willy wonka world do i live in

Profanity is not child abuse. If the people on the train with her got violent because she was SPEAKING that's on them. Hate and discrimination SHOULD BE LEGAL. You advocate making thoughts illegal?

Its not child abuse to you . Because you know very little about psychological effects of young minds. Ignorance is truly bliss with you .

Hate and discrimination has no place in society . It is negative and nothing constructive comes out of it but violence hate and seperation . Thoughts are not illegal. Spreading hate and discrimination with no basis is .

Deny...what?

posted on Nov, 28 2011 @ 01:54 PM
link   
the english had no problem when they colonized half the world now people most likely from those very countries they once colonized are living in england and people like this lady have a problem with it??? what goes around comes around...

posted on Nov, 28 2011 @ 01:54 PM
link   

I cannot believe you can get arrested for speaking in other countries.

Try publicly stating your intent to kill the POTUS, and then come back to us on that one.

It is highly likely that what she said constituted ''inciting racial hatred'', and I hope that she is dealt with accordingly, and hopefully her poor son will get a chance of a better upbringing.

posted on Nov, 28 2011 @ 01:55 PM
link   
That is not freedom of speech, period.

That is a hate fueled rant, and should not be accepted by anyone. That is the sort of crap that will cause freedom of speech to be taken away.

If you think people should be allowed to rant on people like that in public, then I'm going to guess you agree with her. That is my 'freedom of speech'.

She is a typically confused angry citizen who can't see that immigrants, or even native none-whites, are not the cause of her problems. They're just an easy scapegoat.

posted on Nov, 28 2011 @ 01:55 PM
link   

You've already insulted me personally at least twice. Think about that for a minute. If we were on a train instead of a forum you could be arrested.

Really ? am i yelling profanity's at you like a raving lunitic on drugs? Do i have a child on my lap ? Are there other kids near me ? Am i in a public train disturbing the peace?

Keep trolling along you just might hit something soon . I see i've hit a few nerves already . But please use reason and logic here not your outdated emotions

posted on Nov, 28 2011 @ 01:59 PM
link   

You've now insulted me personally 3 + times. You really don't see that you are just helping to make my point, do you? So you advocate your own arrest. It's not OK for someone to say what you consider racist, but it's perfectly acceptable to insult and belittle me.

posted on Nov, 28 2011 @ 01:59 PM
link   

Originally posted by 8ILlBILl8
GRATE POINT! By censoring her your all so offending her. UK is crazy, gun laws witch create more violence and im guessing racism laws witch LIMIT FREE SPEECH.

This has nothing to do with free speech.

Did you not watch the video?

This is a woman verbally abusing and verbally bullying other members of the public.

posted on Nov, 28 2011 @ 02:01 PM
link   
Domo, that is not freedom of speech. That is called disturbing the peace. People were getting angry, arguing with her. She was threatening people and if she did not have a kid on her lap, some one probably would have been much more physical with her.

Sure she has every right to say she does not like who ever she wants...But when she starts verbally assaulting others, threatening and all that, then it becomes illegal.

I do agree, arrest is maybe a bit much... But I feel bad for that kid with her. She very easily could have been arrested here in Texas you know.
edit on 28-11-2011 by gimme_some_truth because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 28 2011 @ 02:01 PM
link   
reply to post by Domo1

So your not from Britain right? you have no right on saying anything about the British......lol joke dude.
BUT I do agree she should be arrested spouting racist rubbish like this and that poor kid is going to grow up with her views.
In the UK It is against the law to act in any way which may cause harrasment, alarm or distress which she has done.
It's all to do with education and if she was a little bit more educated she would know that for 2000 years the British isle's have been invaded, immigration and the infusion of foreign ideas have created the Briton we know today.
We are a mongrel nation and I think that is great.
I love the fact I work with people from 12 different countries and cultures because I get a broader picture of humanity.
Tell you one thing though if she didnt have the child with her I think she may have been spitting teeth out.

posted on Nov, 28 2011 @ 02:02 PM
link   
reply to post by Domo1

Well in the USA (and maybe not every state) using the "F" word in public is illegal.
It's breach of peace in the 2end? or 1st....no i believe 2end anyway I think it's bull but oh well.

posted on Nov, 28 2011 @ 02:03 PM
link   
reply to post by ANOK

That is a hate fueled rant, and should not be accepted by anyone. That is the sort of crap that will cause freedom of speech to be taken away.

Don't exercise your rights, the government will just take them away!

posted on Nov, 28 2011 @ 02:03 PM
link   
Aside from the racist connotations, her potty-mouth is absolutely disgusting.

Don't get me wrong, I'm not a prude, nor am I personally offended by bad language, but to loudly swear like that in a public place, where some other people may be offended by her language, is an example of blatant disrespect for everyone around her.

posted on Nov, 28 2011 @ 02:04 PM
link   
"Free Speech"

Subject to certain restrictions. Terms and conditions apply. All rights reserved.

Only joking. This woman is a moron, but I'm not sure if she deserved to be arrested.

posted on Nov, 28 2011 @ 02:05 PM
link   

Don't exercise your rights, the government will just take them away!

No, abuse your rights and the government will just take them away. Or take you away...

edit on 11/28/2011 by ANOK because: typo

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join