It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Too white to study medicine

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 28 2011 @ 01:38 PM
link   
reply to post by yourmaker

You should learn to speak those languages that is not racism that is business.
edit on 28-11-2011 by PrimalRed because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 28 2011 @ 01:42 PM
link   
reply to post by Sherlock Holmes
reply to post by PrimalRed
reply to post by MrDesolate
reply to post by Maslo

Sherlock: I realize you used the articles title and do not fault you for it. As per T&Cs you did as you should have.

Lets say you, as a college, are required by law to accept a certain amount of minority students and in this pile of applicants someone lied about their race in order to obtain special consideration. If it was found you were not of the minority as stated you would be removed from that list and all the others would then be in play for your position. Don"t you think she could have been moved up because of a law of this sort?

As for her "a bona fide mistake", this is a collage of higher learning and a medical school. Would you seriously consider a doctor that does not pay attention to detail when your life may be at stake? I know I would not.

As for this private(presumably, I could be wrong) college, they have the right to give minorities or colored people of possibly lower class families an advantage in education in order to facilitate a better way of life. In my mind if students from ghettos here in the U.S. were given this advantage the ghettos may just shrink if not disappear but that is just my opinion.

edit on 28-11-2011 by Agarta because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 28 2011 @ 01:43 PM
link   
reply to post by Maslo

I would not worry about it.. My friend is too dark to get a sun tan... Its the way the dice role..

posted on Nov, 28 2011 @ 01:51 PM
link   

Originally posted by PrimalRed

You should learn to speak those languages that is not racism that is business.
edit on 28-11-2011 by PrimalRed because: (no reason given)

thats impossible. and why should I??
I was born and raised here.
I can understand the business aspect. but it's every other business.
and the businesses with english speaking asians or east indians, mostly hire asians or east indians.
and when they do hire someone like me, we get ripped off so badly. (below minimum wage, no last payment)

It is completely racism, if you lived here you would understand.
They are creating their own little communities within our country that is only for the benefit of them.
I sound like some KKK freak but it's serious to me now.
My buddy's friend was murdered by a group of east indians, i've been jumped, they have gang shootings every week or jump someone random. It's a serious serious problem. It needs to be stopped or it will simply escalate like it has.

I will lay some truth on you. it will be hard to understand.
white people here are becoming VERY prejudice towards anyone not white including myself.
I have friends of all races, as I know and trust them to be great individuals.
older generations of the same race are slowly teaching the younger generation the old ways,
the problems reside in our ability to trust them anymore when they have shown time and time again they are not willing to learn our culture. they retain their violent ways from india and bring them here for their children to learn.
it sucks.

edit on 28-11-2011 by yourmaker because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 28 2011 @ 01:54 PM
link   
reply to post by Agarta

As for her "a bona fide mistake", this is a collage of higher learning and a medical school. Would you seriously consider a doctor that does not pay attention to detail when your life may be at stake? I know I would not.

Have you seen the answers for some of those race questions? Sometimes being 1/16th of something is enough to qualify you to be under a group and sometimes it is not, its an easy mistake.

posted on Nov, 28 2011 @ 01:54 PM
link   
reply to post by Agarta

As for this private(presumably, I could be wrong) collage, they have the right to give minorities or colored people of possibly lower class families an advantage in education in order to facilitate a better way of life.

It is a public university. And this discrimination was based on race, not class. Even if such was the case, I would still not consider it right, lower class people should get money, free lunches etc.. to offset their disadvantage, but not easier study or preference during application.

posted on Nov, 28 2011 @ 01:59 PM
link   

I was born and raised here.

Irrelevant, the people spending the money are speaking other languages so the company has to hire people that speak those languages to stay in business.

and the businesses with english speaking asians or east indians, mostly hire asians or east indians.

And what does that have to do with anything?

It is completely racism, if you lived here you would understand.
They are creating their own little communities within our country that is only for the benefit of them.
I sound like some KKK freak but it's serious to me now.
My buddy's friend was murdered by a group of east indians, i've been jumped, they have gang shootings every week or jump someone random. It's a serious serious problem. It needs to be stopped or it will simply escalate like it has.

Oh please, your friends friend was killed by a murderer and you were jumped by a violent criminal, race has nothing to do with it.

white people here are becoming VERY prejudice towards anyone not white including myself.

Did you read your own post???

I have friends of all races, as I know and trust them to be great individuals.

Lol the typical "im not racist i have friends that are not white", that is good. I don't have any friends that are not white and i am not racist.

posted on Nov, 28 2011 @ 02:02 PM
link   
reply to post by Maslo

To this I simply state that giving them a fish(by simply supplementing income) is not teaching them to fish thus a perpetual toll on society. If education was given instead they could get their own fish.

Also I admit I miss-worded my above statement by stating "private". I was referring to public vrs government run.

posted on Nov, 28 2011 @ 02:05 PM
link   
reply to post by PrimalRed

Yes, this is true, but so is forgetting to ask if one is allergic to Penicillin prior to proscribing it, and in some cases this could be a fatal mistake.

Edit to say: this is a College application not a YMCA application it the attention to detail that matters.
edit on 28-11-2011 by Agarta because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 28 2011 @ 02:11 PM
link   

Irrelevant, the people spending the money are speaking other languages so the company has to hire people that speak those languages to stay in business.

that doesn't alarm you in the slightest? that most of their business is directed to people who don't even know the language of the country they live in?

And what does that have to do with anything?

it becomes nearly impossible to find a good job if there are none left.. or no one is willing to hire you based off your race

Oh please, your friends friend was killed by a murderer and you were jumped by a violent criminal, race has nothing to do with it.

RACE HAS EVERYTHING TO DO WITH IT!!!! they target white people!! how clear do I have to be??
are you going to side step every valid point simply because you believe me to be a racist?

This is the type of gang we are dealing with, there are 40+ of these groups that walk around any given day selling drugs and looking to rip cellphones off people.

This is the surveillance video prior to the murder.
They specifically target white people and jump them. They were simply playing soccer in a field.

The whole system is so corrupt as U can see already.Bribery & Corruption is the other name for RCMP,especially those that're bringing Punjabi Police tactics into Vancouver.The McD's would've had the footage for surely but bribery gets the best of the police making them the pieces of s**t.I've had racist encounters with them & its pretty bad on their side.Whats the MEDIA the soul essence of this investigation saying about this?Nothing,so I guess that makes U a proud Canadian right?Hahaha
davrockify 2 months ago

This isn't the first time it's happened. if it was, you would have a point, and mine would mean nothing.
but I have living experience here. I went to high school here.

Did you read your own post???

twice, and I still stand by it.

Lol the typical "im not racist i have friends that are not white", that is good. I don't have any friends that are not white and i am not racist.

fine, I will be a racist then(to you), but I will still love my brown, asian, black and native friends.

I am simply speaking from the heart. I completely wish that we could all co-exist. Don't get me wrong.
I am stating what I see happening. most Asians and East indians do not want to be a part of our culture.
and the ones that do, are beautiful amazing people.

I just want to apologize also for ruining your thread and taking it completely offtopic.

posted on Nov, 28 2011 @ 02:28 PM
link   

posted on Nov, 28 2011 @ 02:33 PM
link   

Originally posted by yourmaker

I am simply speaking from the heart. I completely wish that we could all co-exist. Don't get me wrong.

We do actually all co-exist. We just have chosen not to do so with mutual respect and shared opportunity yet. The consequences of that impact all. Maybe your frustration is society's own ills coming back at you.

posted on Nov, 28 2011 @ 02:38 PM
link   
1) When do people list their race on an application? When does an employer ask for race? its illegal

2) Why would she mistakenly put her race? online entry for applications clearly states everything on an application MUST be 100% truth and if not resume/application can be revised.

posted on Nov, 28 2011 @ 02:57 PM
link   
reply to post by Pervius

Originally posted by Pervius
The real reason they don't want white people as Doctors.

Today's Medical Field is about giving the perception of helping people. White People have morals and will point out fraud, rat out people....and fail to do their real task of helping Pharmaceuticals push worthless pills on people to kill them.

So they want minorities, those people don't give a rats @ss and will take the money...and peddle the poison pills and gladly accept their free vacations as well to the Cayman Islands from Big Pharma and Medical Device makers.

That's why they don't want White People as Doctors....hurts corporate profits.

Your comments make absolutely no sense. If its all about corporate profit at the expense of others - who then runs and owns the corporations? Primarily white folk if statistics are accurate. (facepalm)

posted on Nov, 28 2011 @ 06:17 PM
link   
She should have hit the tanning booth before her interview

That was a joke by the way, this is actually quite disturbing.
edit on 28-11-2011 by Mikehawk because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 28 2011 @ 06:48 PM
link   

posted on Nov, 28 2011 @ 06:49 PM
link   
She should have took out a page in the movie Soul Man.

posted on Nov, 28 2011 @ 06:55 PM
link   

shhhhh were not sposed to say such things! remember! thats racist! LOL i know how you feel and im in scotland. anyone reading no im not racist. its attitude that bugs me.

posted on Nov, 28 2011 @ 09:08 PM
link   
if you are identify yourself with your skin colour you're apart of whats causing the separation

posted on Nov, 28 2011 @ 09:14 PM
link   

Originally posted by Maslo
Source

The University of Stellenbosch reversed its decision to grant a pupil a place in medical school - after discovering that she was white, not coloured, as she had mistakenly stated in her online application.

The 18-year-old applicant, who asked that she not be named, achieved six distinctions in her Grade 11 exams and, in September, learnt the university had accepted her application. But, on October 13, Dr Ronel Retief, the head of academic administration, phoned her to verify her race.

So I guess racism is OK when its against white people? Disgusting...
When will the people learn that two wrongs dont make a right? How can this kind of racial discrimination be legal in 21st century?

edit on 28/11/11 by Maslo because: (no reason given)

It could be she was rejected for making a false statement on her application:

The University of Stellenbosch reversed its decision to grant a pupil a place in medical school - after discovering that she was white, not coloured, as she had mistakenly stated in her online application.

So it may not be related to ethnicity...

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join