It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Conspiracy, Hip Hop, and your Ignorance

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Nov, 28 2011 @ 11:23 AM
link   
So I thought I would bring some evidence to the table in regards to peoples feelings on hip hop and that 'Conspiracy' is no stranger to the game. I will only loosely cover the evidence, for I don't think everything needs to be spelled out for you. Figure it out for yourselves.

Examples of songs that are conspiracy based...

B.O.B.
The Watchers
B.o.B - The Watchers - Official Music Video (ANTI - ILLUMINATI)
www.youtube.com...
"But you'll probably be the same one hating,Saying every rapper is in the Freemasons"
"No one man should have all that power,Obviously cuz there's only one power,
But nevermind ya'll keep worshiping towers,While the clock keeps handing yall hours,
But pucker up because the truth gets sour,More sour than the sour ****** i devour"

Awesome music video, and an even better song. He truly nailed it on this one...
B.o.B - Dr. Aden - Official Video
www.youtube.com...
"biological chemicals designed to be contagiousthere"s nothing in a business of controlling the population"

Another song by the same artist, in which speaks out against the creation of vaccines that carry diseases and viruses, then distributing them to the public, touches base on population control. B.O.B. has multiple other 'conspiracy' type songs... if you like what you've heard so far, he only gets better.

Here is the 'Holy Grail' of conspiracy in hip hop...
Lupe Fiasco - Words I Never Said ft. Skylar Grey [Music Video]
www.youtube.com...

"I really think the war on terror is a bunch of bull****
Just a poor excuse for you to use up all your bullets
How much money does it take to really make a full clip
9/11 building 7 did they really pull it
Uhh, And a bunch of other cover ups
Your childs future was the first to go with budget cuts"

Here's another song by the same artist(Lupe Fiasco) in which he 'Dumbs it Down' for yall. This is true talent at its finest.
Lupe Fiasco - Dumb it Down (lyrics breakdown)
www.youtube.com...
"Pimps C the wings on the underground king
Who's also Klingon
To infinity and beyond
Something really stinks, but I Sphinx like Leon
Or lying in the desert
I'm flying on Pegasus you're flying on the pheasant"

Although this song may not seem 'conspiritorial' at first glance, if you are to watch the 'Official' music video with him in it, it is clear(symbology and who does the chorus) who the song is directed towards and about. This song is more about showing off for Lupe Fiasco, but has an overall message behind it.

Makeshift Patriot - Sage Francis
www.youtube.com...

"Now have to back petal...from the shower of glass and metal
Wondering how after it settles we'll find who provided power to radical rebels
The Melting Pot seems to be calling the kettle black when it boils over
But only on our own soil so the little boy holds a toy soldier.."
(in reference to 9/11)

This is easily one of the most powerful songs you will ever hear in your life. He doesn't hide a darn thing in metaphors, but still finds room for them. AHHHH so Epic!
BTW Sage Francis does not support the video in which I provided, I used it because it visually represents the thoughts and feelings of the song.
I'm not going to list all of Sage Francis' work, but they are all very well put together and thought provoking. He is one of the most amazing lyricists the world has ever known, you really can't go wrong with any of his songs.

Stephen Fry Kinetic Typography - Language
www.youtube.com...
This is not a hip hop song, but discusses language, and the use of it. I figured there would be a lot of haters out there that just like to trash 'rap' music because they feel that the artists project an image of ignorance due to their word choices. Watch this video and understand why you are just fooling yourself.

Lil Wayne - Drop The World ft. Eminem
www.youtube.com...

"I know what they don't wanna tell you, Just hope you're heaven-sent and you're hell-proof,
I'll walk up in the world and cut the lights off, And confidence is the stain they can't wipe off"

Now this song doesn't necessarily address any one conspiracy topic, rather it is a conspiracy in itself. There are pleanty of videos on youtube that will break down this video and song and try to break down the hidden meanings in this song.
This song is essentially along the lines of "Sympathy For the Devil" - Rollingstones, and "The City is Mine" - Jay Z. It's basically identifying the world through the eyes of the devil, among other things. I'm not going to go any further into that whole aspect, for it is not the intentions of this thread.

Brother Ali - Uncle Sam Goddamn
www.youtube.com...
"Smoke and mirrors, stripes and stars
Stollen for the cross in the name of God
Bloodshed, genocide, rape and fraud
Written to the pages of the law, good lord

The cold continent latch key child
Ran away one day and started acting foul
King of where the wild things are, daddy's proud
Cause the roman empire done passed it down"

This song is about America, slavery, and religion... pretty much everything that is needed in the making of any good ole' conspiracy. It would take an entire thread to break down this song, so I will wait until a later date to address the song in its entirety. For now, appreciate it for what it is, and let me know what you think.
He is a part of

Edan - Freestyle
www.youtube.com...
"the caterer, the Darth Vader with the crossfader
you should never be afraid of the harm from armed laborers
we stay patient as we lay the foundation
in a simple composition for the future generations"

I'm choosing to end this thread with this song, not becasue it addresses any 'conspiracy' but rather, is to provide evidence that intellect and genius are no strangers to hip hop. So the next time some random person goes ahead and claims that it's all just a bunch of 'booty shakin', thugs and pimps in the rap game, you now know this is simply not the case.
MUCH of this song will probably go over your head if you do not understand exactly what he's talking about. Edan can't truly tell you what it all means in just one song, so it is produced in this fashion. I've seen this guy live, and every single person I was with said that he is easily the best performance they have EVER seen. This is coming from a group of people who are VERY familiar with the hip hop scene and are very much involved in 'the biz'. If you EVER! have a chance to see him, don't sleep on it! Ok that's enough about Edan lol.

So, I hope this post has shed some light into hip hop and conspiracy. These are obviously not all of the songs that have a place in this thread, but it's a good start. Hopefuly you find some new favorite artist out of all this, or at least are now are aware that people are finding new mediums in which to express their thoughts and feelings about many of the topics in which find themselves on ATS.

Last I will leave you with a quote from B.O.B's 'Generation Lost' in which kinda somes up my feelings about everything, and how we should approach the future of humanity.

"So I'ma play my guitar
Rap about aliens and sing about stars
Till you understand that's what we are
So we ain't got to struggle no more so we don't starve
I swear to God I love you with every bar"

posted on Nov, 28 2011 @ 11:28 AM
link   
To the Mods:

I apologize for not separating the lyrics inside of boxes, I swear it wont allow me to accomplish this, either that or I'm an idiot... lol. Feel free to edit at will. Although I don't think that it's as necessary in this one, but hopefuly instead of just trashing this thread, go a head and help it out.

BTW you can see all of my failed attemps in other threads I've started for proof of this. Now I just try and stay away from quoting anyone lol. I couldn't take that approach with this one though, sorry.

posted on Nov, 28 2011 @ 11:30 AM
link   
reply to post by MESSAGEFROMTHESTARS

LOL sounds like someone is a little hip-hop biased

posted on Nov, 28 2011 @ 11:34 AM
link   
Its the same as in heavy metal music. Tons of references to the systems of control and anti establishment references.

Its weird because popular music is one of the forms of control used by TPTB to control the population. Rap/hip-hop is equally used as a form of control I believe. There are two sides to this coin. On one hand you have the form of this music used to dumb down the population and create a generation of drug addicts and degenerates and on the other hand there is anti establishment references.

Its like the tupac kaluminati message on his last center before he died which many believe to be a warning message about TPTB.

I have always thought that heavy metal was kept down in popularity due to its anti establishment message even though its following and fan base is massive. It literally gets no airtime.

Every genre has its own hidden message against the system. The most widely known is the music from the 60s and the hippie movement around it.

Either way I've always viewed hip hop as a massive advertising campaign for merchandising and a lifestyle choice as many of its followers are in to some form of shady business or wrong doing. Ghetto Fab apparel is also quite expensive.

posted on Nov, 28 2011 @ 11:35 AM
link   
Good post. S&F - You've got a great list started here and have included the artists that seem to understand the most.

NAS is also a great alternative topic/conspiracy writer. One of my favorites is his dis against Fox News and the government, etc

NAS - Sly Fox - Untitled or "N-word" album (some important quoted lyrics below)

The sly fox Cyclops We locked In the idiot box The video slots Broadcast The Waco Davidian plots They own YouTube, Myspace When this ignorant # gon' stop? They monopolizing news Your views And the channel you choose Propaganda Visual cancer

What's a Fox characteristic? Slick # Sensin' Misinformation Pimp the station Over stimulation Reception Deception Comcast digital Satan The Fox has a bushy tail And Bush tells Lies and Foxtrots So I don't know what's real

They say I'm all about murder-murder and kill-kill But what about Grindhouse and Kill Bill? What about Cheney and Halliburton? (Halliburton?) The backdoor deals On oil fields How's NaS the most violent person? Ya'll don't know talent if it hit you Bringin' up my criminal possession charges with a pistol (pistol) I use Viacom As my firearm

I

posted on Nov, 28 2011 @ 11:39 AM
link   

hip hop and rap is not music its a disgrace.

it has totally destroyed every genre of popular music.

I cant stand to listen to the charts in England anymore mainly due to rappers and silly teen benders

posted on Nov, 28 2011 @ 11:42 AM
link   

Originally posted by Gwampo

LOL sounds like someone is a little hip-hop biased

Hahaha, kinda... but not really. This would have been much easier done if I addressed it to Rock N Roll or Metal, and linking it to conspiracy. I only did this because I saw a thread from yesterday about Rap, and noticed a lot of ignorant statements made about it. Although I might be a little biased I suppose, considering I used to live and breathe making instrumentals for local artists trying to make it somewhere in my area. I come from a place that is very rich in hip hop and music, so it's somewhat hard to escape it. The best artists to come from my neck of the woods are Atmosphere(The Best in the Game) and Brother Ali(A close second), among many others...

I appreciate all types of music for what they are... In hip-hop it is just easier to relay a feeling or understanding of a topic because it doesn't get all distracted from by the instruments in the song.

posted on Nov, 28 2011 @ 11:52 AM
link   
reply to post by freakjive

Ahhh! Good call, I totally forgot to include some Nas in the mix. That dude right there has been on top of it since day one. I guess that's what comes from reading the dictionary as a child, and doing non stop research...

www.youtube.com...
Nas & Damian "Jr. Gong" Marley - Patience

"This is how the media pillages
On the TV the picture is
Savages in villages
And the scientist still can't explain the pyramids, huh
Evangelists making a living on the videos of ribs of the little kids
Stereotyping the image of the images
And this is what the image is"
-Damian Marley

"Watch *****s play the game like the lakers
In a world full of 52 fakers
Gypsies, seances, mystical prayers
You superstitious? throw salt over your shoulders
Make a wish for the day cuz
Like somebody got a doll of me
Stickin' needles in my arteries
But I can't feel it
Sometimes it's like 'pardon me, but I got a real big spirit'"
-Nas

What a great song, the video is even better. It can be watched on silent, and still be amazing... I remember the first time I saw this video, as it was also the first time hearing the song. I almost lost myself lol. If there's one video to watch, taken from this thread, this would be it!
edit on 28-11-2011 by MESSAGEFROMTHESTARS because: censorship

posted on Nov, 28 2011 @ 11:53 AM
link   
reply to post by tombangelta

Popular music in itself is garbage. Its used to dumb down the population, sell a lifestyle, sell merchandise and has done more to destroy progress in society than everything else.

Its turning young people into sluts, drug addicts and low life's. It teaches people that there is nothing more important than constantly partying, having sex with everything in sight, breaking up solid relationships over nonsense, committing violent or criminal acts and consuming otherwise useless merchandise.

It has glorified everything that is damnable to the human race. All for a quick buck.

Some of it has positive messages? ? Sometimes, but these are things that should be common sense anyways.

While you could say that music doesn't necessarily create the boogyman in society you have to take into account that this music is directed at early teens and pre teens. These are the most impressionable and easily molded minds on the planet. They are not only bombarded by these messages in the music industry but also in video games, TV, movies, fashion and just about everywhere else in popular culture.

I don't know many young people today that care about anything else besides what the industry tells them to do.

Garbage, absolute garbage.

posted on Nov, 28 2011 @ 11:53 AM
link   

You are listening to the charts, that is where you are going wrong my friend.

posted on Nov, 28 2011 @ 12:32 PM
link   

Originally posted by ShedAlert

"Honestly I don't even listen to rap
Cause when I turn the radio on, out comes crap
And if you make good music that's okay
But on the radio, that they don't play
It's easy to see we created a beast
Cause everybody wants to hear what they don't need
And now all the rappers got to struggle to give you
That bull**** music so they can continue
To live
The position that I'm in
Is quite an interesting predicament I admit"

B.O.B. - 'Generation Lost'

'Checkmate' @tombangelta

edit on 28-11-2011 by MESSAGEFROMTHESTARS because: additional information

posted on Nov, 28 2011 @ 12:42 PM
link   

Originally posted by tombangelta

hip hop and rap is not music its a disgrace.

it has totally destroyed every genre of popular music.

I cant stand to listen to the charts in England anymore mainly due to rappers and silly teen benders

True music is a long lost art

I am not a fan or rap music but i will say they do have some strong messages in many of their songs. I may not like how it sounds but the lyrics to me in a sense are like poetry. Some may agree and some may not. I don't have to listen to it

posted on Nov, 29 2011 @ 12:02 PM
link   

Originally posted by ShedAlert

all the music you listen to will have been in the charts at some point. except for variations of underground dance / house / electro / trance etc etc.

posted on Nov, 29 2011 @ 02:30 PM
link   

That is a lie... I listen to music that I made, and so do my friends.... I've never(nor do I expect) to ever see my music on any chart. There is a HUGE 'underground' music scene with 10000's of artists who will never see any chart, so yeah...

new topics

top topics

join