It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Strange Experience Last Night - Prescence / Sleep Paralysis?

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 29 2011 @ 07:05 AM
link   
First i have to say so sorry to see anyone with any horror of any kind...Well i have to say what you do not want to hear...I do believe this could be a dream..Sleep paralysis,you dont sit up what so ever..At least that im aware of...Being a past abductee in sleep paralysis i was forced to stay lying down...Unable to move..At times i could feel and here sound around me,but still could not respond...

Now a evil spirit can make you do and feel all of these things as well,however i would not call this sleep paralysis..AGAIN from my own real experiences with aliens and evil spirits,..SLEEP PARALYSIS YOU DONT MOVE!!!

sounds like you have had a horror dream or even a evil spirit toying with you..The evil is out pretty strong right now and is only going to get stronger...Get faith in God and if this starts happening to you often,start a journal..

I have a recording of things that have happened to me and i also have voices of spirits on tapes,pictures and a 5 note books of writings (journal)..not sleep paralysis..maybe a horror dream..

Since you were able to recall the dream and the events in it so vividly i dont believe its paralysis what so ever ..Not a night terror i think..ok..Usually night terrors you are in heavy movement and cant remember what you dream t..Thats form studies with my daughters night terrors when she was young...

SO to be honest with ya with all the experience i have had i would get some sage(alot) and start to burn it..(evil spirit) get Jesus and rebuke..Stay away from scary movies and be calm in stressful events and relax...

posted on Nov, 29 2011 @ 07:15 AM
link   
I have had so much experience in this that i just drives me crazy..Im still fighting evil at this time and have been fighting for 5 years..My story's are as real as im typing this to you..I have had 3 churches involved in this with me...I know what it feel like to be possessed but only for a short time...i know what its like to be controlled and i know what spiritual beatings feel like..all of them...My body is sustains by Jesus if it wasn't true i would be dead a long time ago..Not to discredit any one but alot of people think they have this and that..

Not know what in the world is really going on..with all the experience(personal) experience i have had i know what im talking about and dont really care if anyone believes or not..

Just remember these fact

SLEEP PARALYSIS---you dont move,but can hear and feel
NIGHT TERRORS---you move,sit up ,walk,climb.talk,yell,cream,hit,fight ect...and usually do not remember anything.
NIGHTMARE----Sit up,remember parts or all of dream,seems real,yell,talk,cry,shout,roll alot,sudden wake up,and cant move..at least you think that you cant...Seems like your in the dream..ect...

Hope this helps you....this is real

posted on Nov, 29 2011 @ 12:20 PM
link   
reply to post by eeks4

Hi eeks,

Thanks for all of the info.

Just to clarify... When I first woke up, I had awakened suddenly - with a start, I had sat up in bed as if I had been startled by a noise, and was shaking my wife's shoulder to see if she had heard something too.

I don't remember specifically hearing anything myself, just that I was bolt upright as if I had been startled awake.
It felt like I was wide awake at this point, it certainly didn't feel like a dream, but I'm willing to consider that it could have been.

It was then, after I sat up, that something strange happened...

In (what felt like) an instant, I found myself lying down on my side, my right arm up behind my head, still (mentally) trying to shake my wife's shoulder... It was then that I noticed the bright light around the door, and felt paralysed - unable to move.
It is this part which I am speculating may have been sleep paralysis.
In the process of waking up (perhaps after a very realistic "bad" dream?), completely unable to move and sensing things were not right.
It certainly could fit into the classic description of an episode of sleep paralysis, as I understand it.

I'm still trying to piece it all together, and it was certainly hard to get to sleep last night, wondering if anything was going to happen again, but thankfully I had a good and restful sleep with no incidents to report.

I do appreciate all of the input, so thanks again for taking the time to comment.

regards,

GTD

posted on Nov, 29 2011 @ 01:54 PM
link   
Yes sounds like something was lurking around your house probably not a good spirit or something some beings like to produce fear and i have heard accounts that some feed of this fear they do no harm but to you but they want this emotion or energy of fear from you it empowers them to gain so kind of control over you, i have had many experiences like this they come they create fear then leave for a while i think many of us has, understanding the unseen and what they want is the hard part but if you learn not to fear what you cannot see which is harder then it sounds maybe they will back off a bit, but they always seem to find something that will cause fear in you so all i can really say is be strong and face what you fear maybe they will give up after time, after some time with OBEs your mind will not crash so hard in your body what i mean is you will eventually learn to wake more calm even with fear it take time.

posted on Nov, 30 2011 @ 03:37 AM
link   
GTDrummer:
Maybe you made some "musical God" upset by having a picture of you playing the guitar instead of the drums in your picture/avatar thing? (This is obviously a serious thread, I'm just trying to keep a sense of humor before I go to bed as it's 3:30AM my time.) I promise I wish you and everyone else the best in your future dilemmas. I would already have bought a gun and filled my whole house with bullet holes if I were in any of your places!!!
Peace be with you,
CBS01

posted on Nov, 30 2011 @ 08:08 AM
link   

Originally posted by CBS01
GTDrummer:
Maybe you made some "musical God" upset by having a picture of you playing the guitar instead of the drums in your picture/avatar thing? (This is obviously a serious thread, I'm just trying to keep a sense of humor before I go to bed as it's 3:30AM my time.) I promise I wish you and everyone else the best in your future dilemmas. I would already have bought a gun and filled my whole house with bullet holes if I were in any of your places!!!
Peace be with you,
CBS01

Thanks CBS01!,

I hadn't considered that!!!
and.... I'm loving your "Peace be with you" comment... right after saying you'd have filled the house with bullet holes!!!!!! Brilliant stuff!
Thank you!

GTD+G (Gordi The Drummer + Guitarist!)

posted on Nov, 30 2011 @ 08:16 AM
link   

Originally posted by gabrielnexus
Yes sounds like something was lurking around your house probably not a good spirit or something some beings like to produce fear and i have heard accounts that some feed of this fear they do no harm but to you but they want this emotion or energy of fear from you it empowers them to gain so kind of control over you, i have had many experiences like this they come they create fear then leave for a while i think many of us has, understanding the unseen and what they want is the hard part but if you learn not to fear what you cannot see which is harder then it sounds maybe they will back off a bit, but they always seem to find something that will cause fear in you so all i can really say is be strong and face what you fear maybe they will give up after time, after some time with OBEs your mind will not crash so hard in your body what i mean is you will eventually learn to wake more calm even with fear it take time.

Hi Gabriel,
Thanks for your input!

I've had a couple of days to think about this now, and I think that the fear aspect was in relation to my inability to do anything about whatever this was.
I was frozen, paralysed, and that's what was scary.
I couldn't have protected my family if there was any danger.
You feel so helpless in that situation, but I don't think that I was actually scared of the presence/visitor.

As I mentioned in an earlier post, I have had one previous experience of a similar nature, except I perceived that presence as being VERY evil. This time was quite different. The experience was scary, but I didn't "feel" an evil presence, just that something strange was going on, completely outwith my control.

Anyway, thanks again for taking the trouble to post!

GTD

posted on Nov, 30 2011 @ 08:15 PM
link   
reply to post by Gordi The Drummer

Great indeed you found the "real feeling". By this I mean the real cause of your fear as it being related to your inability to move and not an "evil" presence. Evil is very subjective in any true shape or form and when you really think about it is a "perception of evilness" which creates fear mentally, but often we do not realize this (myself included
)

Just food for thought,

Thruthseek3r

posted on Dec, 3 2011 @ 08:58 AM
link   
Really reminds me of The Communion. Not saying ETs are to blame, but you never know.

2nd line.

posted on Dec, 10 2011 @ 06:35 PM
link   

Hi GTD,
Several years ago I experienced something very similar to your vacation house experience. I was quite exhausted and was having an afternoon nap. when--very much like you--I felt as though something woke me up, and then I realized I could not move. At the same instant, I "felt" and heard something enter my bedroom. I was lying face down into the pillow and was trying to turn my head to see this someone or something, but of course could not move. I heard a shuffle like sound and i sensed that it was standing at the foot of the bed. All i could think was, what the hell? who is in my room and how did they get here? I felt entirely awake and my senses fully alert. I don't think I felt panicked, mostly just confused. I recall that I asked it who it was, and I can no longer recall if I was able to say this out loud or if I only thought it, but in any event, it answered me in a male voice. It said: "what do YOU want?" I was baffled and remember thinking that I wanted nothing but for it to leave. Then I heard it shuffle past me and it seemed to leave through the bedroom door, even though the door remained closed. That is when the paralysis left. I call it "it" because I don't think it was a ghost or a person, I dont belive in alien abductions or that type of thing, but it was certainly some type of presense, and I don't think it's intentions were good. It felt evil for sure, I was under alot of stress at that time in my life and I have wondered if it was because some sort of "darker forces" (for lack of a better word) my have sensed my vulnerability? Even though I did not see it, I feel as though it were just some type of dark mass. I went on with life and for the most part forgot about it until recently; I had been reading a book called "The third man factor" that explores the subject or disaster survival stories and the common theme of survivors often sensing that they were aided by an unseen presense throughout their ordeals. This made me think of incident, (although more malevolent in my perception) that is when I decided to look it up. To my shock there are countless stories on the internet, so similar to mine that it sent chills down my spine! Anyway, on youtube of all places I found a researcher in the field of sleep disturbances named David Hufford, he has written a book on the subject known as "The old hag" syndrome. So I am wonder during either of your incidences, were you under a great deal of stress? That seems to be a common thread throughout alot of these disturbances......

Thanks for your post, very interesting topic!!!

posted on Dec, 11 2011 @ 03:13 AM
link   
reply to post by TeraC

Hi Tera,

Thanks for your very interesting post.
Your experience does indeed sound like my holiday flat one.
I described the event in more detail on the shadowlands website, but didn't get very much comment / response at the time.

HERES A LINK TO THAT WEBPAGE

My experiences are 2nd from the bottom on that page (Ghostly experiences by GSBUF), please feel free to have a read, for a fuller description of what happened then.

In answer to the "stress" question, I'm not aware of being under any great deal of stress, either now or when the 1st incident happened. There's the usual "day to day" stress of course! but nothing which I would describe as excessive.
I'm not at all convinced that my recent experience was in any way related to the one in the holiday flat, (other than perhaps I'm "sensitive" to things of this nature?).
The 1st incident, like yours, felt like a very evil presence, pacing the hallway then slowly moving through my bedroom. The recent one felt very different, like being awakened suddenly by something being "wrong", then "losing time"? and finding myself in the very confusing position of not understanding what's just happened to me, seeing a very bright light around my doorway, and being unable to move until it faded. I was scared, but didn't sense anything "evil" this time. Very strange (and all has been quiet since then thankfully).

Anyway, thank you so very much for taking the time to contribute to the thread!
and I hope you enjoy reading the more detailed account of the holiday flat incident?

regards,
GTD

Oh - Forgot to add that I'll definitely be checking out David Hufford, Thank you!
edit on 11-12-2011 by Gordi The Drummer because: To add a "thank you!"

posted on Apr, 19 2012 @ 02:21 PM
link   
Just a quick update to let everyone know that all has been quiet since the experience in the OP.
I've not been aware of any other specific incidents having happened.

One small thing... I don't even know if it's related at all, but I have suffered with Chronic Fatigue Syndrome for about 8 years now, and have noticed that my 2 kids sometimes look more tired/drained in the morning than they do when they've gone to bed. It got me thinking, "what if someone/something was draining us of our energy?"

Probably not, but it did just pop into my head one morning when my boys were particularly "un-refreshed" by their sleep.

Thanks again,
GTD

posted on Oct, 14 2012 @ 07:16 PM
link   
That's an interesting story my friend. Very strange. Equally as baffling was your first experience with the 'evil' presence. I can't offer too much in the way of an explanation as I'm in total wonder regarding these occurrences. So many have things happening in their lives just like this. I have to agree with a previous poster who said it wasn't S.P., as you stated you had sat up to see if your wife was awake. Maybe it was spiritual. Possibly alien. Its so hard to say. Doesn't it make you wanna post video equipment all around your house? Just in case it happened again. At least this last time you didn't feel that evil was afoot. But still, its frightening and very strange. I find meditation and prayer to help me the most.(Although neither have yielded any answers.) You said you weren't religious so maybe just meditation might help. It has helped to calm my spirit after the fact. It has given me an understanding of my situation.....that being that I can't and won't be able to understand it. I won't get an affirmative answer or a definitive explanation. It is just one of those things of wonder that our world if filled to the brim with. It hasn't stopped me from trying to find an answer. I guess thats just human nature. We demand answers. Hearing other experiences like ours does help too a bit. I sometimes think I'm reading other peoples stories to find a clue to my own mystery. One day I hope we have answers. Until then, just be observant and use your own good judgement and common sense. Good luck and keep us posted as of any updates or new occurrences.

TXML

posted on Oct, 16 2012 @ 11:06 AM
link   
reply to post by txMEGAlithic

Thanks tx,

It's strange, I was thinking about this just this morning.
It was "in my head" right when I woke up, I was wondering what it could have been, and why nothing else similar seems to have happened.

Then, I heard my youngest son (3) opening his bedroom door, and I glanced at the clock - it was just before 7am.
He came to my door, and I asked if he was ok... he said he was "scared", so I asked what he was scared of, and he said something about "coming home".

"Coming Home?" I ask, and he says "yes".
"But you are home" I said, and he looked confused, and upset - like he couldn't figure something out.

So I get up and tell him I'll make him some warm milk.
His mum is already downstairs and when he sees her he tells her the same... "I'm scared, coming home"
She doesn't understand and says the same as me "...but you are home, silly"
and he puzzles for a few seconds then says "in dream, I'm scared, coming home"
"Oh was it just a bad dream?" she says.
"yes"
"ahh, ok then, dad will get your milk and I'll give you a wee cuddle then..."
and that was it.

But I'm freaked out, because I woke up thinking about the previous... occurrence, then he says that he's scared when he's "coming home" from a "dream"???

I haven't said anything to the kids at all about the night in the OP here, and I didn't mention to my wife that I was a bit freaked by this.
The kids are off school/nursery this week for "October week" holidays, and are heading down to our holiday place today for a few days, so I'll have some time to think this through.

I just don't know whether his "dream" is connected in any way to the subject on discussion here.
My Instincts are SCREAMING at me that it is, but it's very difficult to concede that something like this might be happening. The implications are staggering. It's a lot easier just to put it down to a couple of bad dreams and co-incidence.

What to do? How do you prove something like this one way or another without distressing the kids or adding to the "bad dreams"??
If something else did happen, on the night of the OP, would hypnotic regression shed some light on it? Or does that just let your mind "fill in the gaps" with fantasy memories??

I just don't know what to do.

G

posted on Oct, 16 2012 @ 11:29 AM
link   

It almost sounds like you had missing time, from the conscious aware moment of shaking her shoulder to the moment of shaking the back of your head in a changed position. My son's had missing time several times while awake still, it went from minutes past 12 to 2 am, and leapt again during a family abduction in which I have memories and woke up with wounds. Not all of it is medical and wounding though. So I don't mean to alarm you.
edit on 16-10-2012 by Unity_99 because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 16 2012 @ 11:51 AM
link   

Originally posted by Unity_99

It almost sounds like you had missing time, from the conscious aware moment of shaking her shoulder to the moment of shaking the back of your head in a changed position. My son's had missing time several times while awake still, it went from minutes past 12 to 2 am, and leapt again during a family abduction in which I have memories and woke up with wounds. Not all of it is medical and wounding though. So I don't mean to alarm you.
edit on 16-10-2012 by Unity_99 because: (no reason given)

Hi Unity,
Yeah, it does seem like missing time to me too. It was instantaneous at the time, my brain couldn't process what just happened, I was convinced my hand MUST still be on her shoulder, but there I was - lying down with my hand behind my head???
I'm sorry that you seem to have had a bad physical experience? Would it be possible for you to let me know what memories you have? You are welcome to PM me if you don't want to post in thread.
Thanks
GTD

posted on Oct, 16 2012 @ 07:54 PM
link   
Man that is scarey. Its so frightening because his bad dream happened on the same night.
Its difficult to bring it up to the kids. I was always afraid of planting a thought or idea about it, in her head. I didn't want to scare her and make her think that something was wrong either. Now its too late for me to find out if she really saw blue strangers out side her window. Shes forgotten the whole thing or at least it seems she has. So I missed my chance to get some information (granted it would've been from a three year old). But it may have been something more than I have to go on now.
So the question is...Do you pry for information and risk harming your child mentally or emotionally? Or maybe even being miss led by a child's dream or fantasy?
I've wondered about hypnosis as well, but, I share your concerns on that matter too. It could just be a creative part of ones mind filling in the empty spaces in a memory, with fantasy or fear.
You're right, it's hard to know what to do.
Just be watchful and protective of your family as I'm sure you are now more than ever.
Be as observant as an old owl and surely you'll know if something is continuing to go wrong.

TXML

TXML

posted on Oct, 18 2012 @ 10:10 PM
link   
I Have Narcolepsy. And Its Misunderstood by people. Even me. When the Dr said i had it I said..No I dont fall over asleep. That is actually rare with Narcolepsy. Anyway..Some of the signs of it are Sleep paralysis AND Lucid Dreams..and Even daytime hallucination. Your Dream sounds alot like some of my episodes i have..Where technically im having sleep paralysis..but after im able to move The dream continues. IE..I Had a Paralysis where There were Spiders all over me..After I woke up and got up They were still there. Ever Looked into having a sleep study done?

posted on Oct, 19 2012 @ 01:08 AM
link   

From my experience with sleep paralysis I would say this does not fit into a paralysis moment, never have I lost consciousness during an episode. The "problem" in paralysis as I see it is retaining consciousness while your brain shuts down for sleep.

When my paralysis hits it is normally accompanied with the evil presence vibe, mixed with an extreme fear and inability to move or wake myself up. Only once was I able to "let go" in that state and quit fighting it. What followed was one of the coolest experiences in my life! Since that day I have attempted to induce the paralysis state but to no avail.

I came home from classes and laid back on my couch with my laptop, tired from the long day I started to doze off. Next thing I know I am in the paralysis state and I started fighting against it as usual. This time however (as silly as it sounds) I told myself I was going to stay in the "love vibe" instead of fear. It worked. Once I quit resisting and let go, I snapped back into awareness.

It was the strangest experience I have had in a "dream" state before. I have had lucid dreams numerous times, but this was different. My previous lucid dreams always brought me just the awareness that I was dreaming, never any real control over the dream other than miniscule things like making something disappear.

I found myself sitting on my couch with the laptop on my lap, however everything was so clear. Everything seemed more real than the real world. So much brighter, colorful, etc. Hard to put into words. At first the fear started creeping back, but then I realized why be afraid? Part of me must be creating this dreamworld I see around me. I started to play around for a little bit and decided I wanted to hear music.

I was looking through my laptop for a song to play and as soon as I "thought" of the song I wanted to hear it started playing even though I hadn't selected it yet. I remember thinking how I had never truly heard music until then. A few other little things happened but nothing of importance.

The biggest benefit from this experience was the realization that on a fundamental level, part of myself had to be creating what I was seeing around me.

top topics

<< 1   >>

join